Roster Cuts and Final Roster Prediction

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by NCJetsfan, Sep 4, 2020.

1. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

Im shocked Moncrief isn’t back. At the very least he has plenty of experience, something Cager and Malone both have none of.

2. Cromartie's_kid

Cromartie's_kid Well-Known Member

if he wants a job in the nfl then he will probably try pretty hard.

NCJetsfan likes this.
  3. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

It is extremely puzzling to me, but there may be some issue regarding him of which we are unaware. Perhaps he has character issues, or has been arrested for something, or doesn't have a great work ethic. I certainly haven't heard anything, but that doesn't really mean anything. I will try to give JD the benefit of the doubt, but it will be hard. I liked Butler a lot. I understand that with Covid it would be a week or two before Butler could practice with the team, but JD could sign him to the PS, he could start learning the offense. He's young, a huge target, and clearly has good hands. As best as I can remember, he was a little raw, but he has talent and potential. I don't think Campbell, Cager, Malone or J. Smith are clearly better than Butler, but could be wrong.

ColoradoContrails, LAJet and K'OB like this.
  4. NCJetsfan

Re-signed to the roster, or PS? If it's to the roster, I think it may be because he was supposedly pretty good on STs.

5. NCJetsfan

6. NCJetsfan

7. K'OB

K'OB 2021 TGG Fantasy Football Champ

Mo Wilkerson got another team right?

8. BroadwayAaron

That receiver list looks right although it’s absolutely stunning is that Hakeem Butler was available and he plays the one position that we desperately need any form of talent at and we chose to pass. Lots of questionable moves this offseason.

NCJetsfan likes this.
  9. Cromartie's_kid

Cromartie's_kid Well-Known Member

mo Wilkerson had a history of being an extremely productive player that got to the qb. Hairston has a history of being Nate Hairston.

10. BroadwayAaron

Seems like he’s on the 53 man. He must be good on ST because he’s awful at everything else.

11. NCJetsfan

I'm glad that White, Cager, Moncrief, and Malone are back, but don't understand why Montgomery was signed over Campbell, and like you, don't understand why Butler wasn't signed. Maybe there is something about him, or he's getting a lot of offers and there's a bidding war. I'm also glad that L. Jackson and Guidry are back on the PS.

I really hope to hear something soon about Butler. My curiosity is really piqued as to why some team hasn't signed him.

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  12. BroadwayAaron

Did we not put anyone on IR or is it not announced yet? I see other teams have done it. There’s no way in hell we would let some of the guys who are going to be out a month or two keep a roster spot especially when we are completely inapt at the receiver position plus not all that healthy at corner.

Edit: come to think of it, signing Daniel Brown and the back up center probably means we are putting two people on IR.

13. NCJetsfan

Found this on another site:

14. NCJetsfan

As a UDFA Hilbers got the 2nd highest amount of money after Huff to sign with the Jets. If the Jets aren't signing him to the enlarged PS, he must really suck.

15. NCJetsfan

He is now on the PS.

barfolomew likes this.
  16. Leicester Jet

Leicester Jet Well-Known Member

Hilbers actually got the 3rd highest amount $62,000, Shyheim Carter was 2nd after Huff with $72,000. I actually thought Carter would be a Greg Williams type player, being able to play multiple positions in the Secondary but there you go.

https://thejetpress.com/2020/05/29/ny-jets-ranking-undrafted-free-agents/4/

barfolomew likes this.
  17. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

Relax guys..COVID puts tons of pressure on all NFL Gms ..with no Pre Season Football there will be crap shoots everywhere on who gets signed

hornblower and barfolomew like this.
  18. BroadwayAaron

When you have one of the worst rosters in football, shouldn’t you be taking some shots?

blackssmagic likes this.
  19. Trainer

Trainer Well-Known Member

https://www.revengeofthebirds.com/2...t-pick-hakeem-butler-cut-by-arizona-cardinals
    This may shed some light on why Butler hasn't been picked up by anyone. Rumor mill stuff, but apparently he's not considered NFL caliber. Great athletic ability doesn't always translate into a good football player. Too raw - when you hear that about a player who has all the metrics and can't cut it, it usually means he's just not picking up the NFL game, not grasping the route trees, etc.

20. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

Lots of rumors and a few write-ups across the league about Butler. The Vikings, the Packers and the Jets amongst others, according to the narrative should have picked him up...but no one did. Cardinals couldn’t find a Trading partner before the deadline, but he wasn’t even picked up for the practice squad. There must be something wrong

NCJetsfan likes this.