The Official 2020 Jets Training Camp Thread

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by BroadwayAaron, Jul 28, 2020.

1. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

I like Berrios and I think it’s obvious the coaching staff sees something in him. Right now his value is as a returner and hes damn good at it. I think he could be a decent receiver as well, just not as a starter.

NCJetsfan and barfolomew like this.
  2. K'OB

K'OB 2021 TGG Fantasy Football Champ

He got some mentions early on.

barfolomew likes this.
  3. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

He worked his butt off in the off season. I saw a picture of him thanks to one of your clips, damned, he is built like a Greek God....looks strong as hell.

NCJetsfan and barfolomew like this.
  4. LogeSection2RowJ

LogeSection2RowJ Well-Known Member

I agree. Good point. We're all waiting for something bad, and the writers know that. I did not like Gase's hiring one bit. But he's the coach and I root for him to succeed. He gets a chance to correct his Miami flaws. Last thing I want is ever-changing coaches coordinators and GM's. I have a sadist Jets fan friend who continually whines about the coach being our downfall. I'm sick of the whining.

Come to think of it, he may be on here. We don't know each others name here :)

5. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

Well said. Gase needs to prove himself for sure, but he deserves that chance. It doesn’t help when you have media led by two hateful shit heads who want to create controversy instead of reporting Jets news in an unbiased manner. Best move ever by Gase was to throw the weasel Metha out. Cimini is right behind, and the master of loaded questions for effect. Neither like it when Gase points out how stupid the questions are.

NCJetsfan, themorey and barfolomew like this.
  6. Falco21

Falco21 Well-Known Member

LMAO

I think we all know who your friend is

barfolomew, All Gas No Shake and K'OB like this.
  7. Falco21

Falco21 Well-Known Member

It's not even the bullshit articles they write or the hit pieces they draft that piss me off. It's the blatant lies and spinning of facts to create controversy and tension. The worst part is, they do it knowing damn well that it could potentially leak into the locker room and dismantle the team that we all root for and love.

There is no denying that Adam Gase has butt heads with certain players. I think every Head Coach in this league has. There is also no denying in understanding that majority of the players he has butt heads with are high ego individuals or ones that have ongoing issues with others as well.

He has a lot to prove with this franchise and this year will be a make or break year for him. If he shits the bed, he needs to be fired. If he puts out a solid product, he should be kept and we need to continue to build this roster with him at the helm.

I have a lot of hope in Adam Gase. He is the Head Coach of my favorite football team. I hope he succeeds in everything he does here. This is a big year for him

8. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

The bold is 1000% on the money and separates true journalists from those who care not about the team but printing lies that Create controversy and sell rags. I too hope Gase is the answer, he was far from my favorite choice but now he is a Jet and want him to be a winner for a long, long time.

Falco21 and barfolomew like this.
  9. Ptflea2

Ptflea2 Well-Known Member

Maybe so, but for someone taken 3rd overall only a year ago!!!....... not much chatter.

Frank Gore got more pub :eek:

NCJetsfan likes this.
  10. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

I thought he was a bad pick last year, and fear he still is and will be. Mac should have taken Josh Allen, Edge.

KurtTheJetsFan likes this.
  11. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

Hakeem Butler was released by the Cardinals. He was a 4th round pick last year. He suffered an avulsion fracture in preseason and missed the entire season. He played at Iowa St. He's 6'5. I hope the Jets will sign him to their PS

barfolomew and K'OB like this.
  12. K'OB

Conversely, you never heard how shit he has been either then.

The chatter early on was of a lean, fit and motivated young player and nobody has cast any doubt on that throughout training camp.

Wasnt one of the snippets him slipping Becton for a sack?

No use crying over spilt milk, he wasn't what I wanted at that draft spot but he is ours now and I'd rather hope for the best until it is proven that he is gash.

#1152 K'OB, Sep 5, 2020
    Last edited: Sep 5, 2020
    barfolomew likes this.
  13. K'OB

Mac, should and shouldn't have done lots of things but it is what it is and we have to move on from this backwards looking thinking.

Hopefully JD will be the man he is advertised at and will turn our shit drafting around.

Let's face it he could hardly be worse.

barfolomew likes this.
  14. Lon Chaney

Lon Chaney Well-Known Member

I wanted the Jets to draft him last year.

NCJetsfan, All Gas No Shake and K'OB like this.
  15. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

I think that's a fair and honest assessment.

The NFL needs to add a couple more roster spots and it feels a bit irresponsible that they didn't amid the pandemic. They shortchange a couple position groups pretty badly which is why the positions play is declining (can't keep young guys for development).

I think it mainly affects receiver and offensive lineman especially because the offensive line usually carries the least amount of players for the amount on the field.

16. FinnishJET

FinnishJET 2023 TGG Double FF Champion

Didn't they expand the game day active roster in the new CBA? IIRC they added two spots for game day..

NCJetsfan likes this.
  17. J-Raw24

J-Raw24 Well-Known Member

They did add spots. We have to get down to 53 active, and 16 PS now. That is 6 more spots and we can have 6 vets on the ps. We have 4 saves per week to keep other teams from stealing. Then after monday we can add 2 more to active roster bring us to 55. It adds up to 71 players overall. Up from 63. Not bad really.

18. J-Raw24

J-Raw24 Well-Known Member

I want to thank @NCJetsfan and @BroadwaySam for keeping with the updates. I went back full launch and haven't had the time to personally keep up, so this has helped me follow the team. Hopefully I will be back posting again soon myself.

19. They have to bring him in.He has starting level upside & fits the “Big & fast” prototype already in place w Perriman/Mims.

For the love of GOD sign this beast!

J-Raw24, NCJetsfan and K'OB like this.
  20. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

Well maybe I should pay a bit more attention. Thanks for the update - that'll definitely help.

J-Raw24 likes this.