The Official 2020 Jets Training Camp Thread

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by BroadwayAaron, Jul 28, 2020.

1. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

first, this is stupid. Second, why is it that the media, most of the fans, and the coach are worried about the state of the team but when someone on a message board points out how terrible the team look, they must want to hang themselves? Foolish.

and so that we can actually make this about football and not a bunch of pissing in moaning back-and-forth, I have no idea how you as a Jets fan can be willing to turn a blind eye to yet another dreadful offensive performance when we have a team that’s been dreadful offensively for five years and a coach that’s been dreadful his entire career minus one season with the Hall of Fame quarterback

2. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

This isn't an isolated Jets issue. It may be worse with us but the entire league is getting banged up right now. No preseason games means trying to simulate game speed in practice while also being conscious of getting injuries and one split second or apprehension on a play to yield to your teammates means you can pull a hammy.

Don't forget that all OTA's and organized off season workouts were canceled. The league is going to be full of injuries this year.

SOJAZ and The Dark Knight like this.
  3. Jake

Jake Well-Known Member

I should clarify, I expect 4-12 even with a healthy roster. I just don't think this team is very good at all.

I would love to be wrong!

Lon Chaney likes this.
  4. K'OB

K'OB 2021 TGG Fantasy Football Champ

Ah, I see it is only a joke and amusing when you say something funny.

How fucking foolish of me.

As for your latter bit about moaning back and forth, I saw your bear poking comments but ignored them for this reason.

As a Jets fan in the UK that has mainly seen the Jets be crap, it is really quite easy to be honest, seriously man, WTF, what can we do if they have a shit practice? Should I get on the blower to Gase and call him out? Ask him to resign immediately?

Or should I make us both a noose and we can end ourselves before the season gets underway for real, it will save you all the pain and torture of another season following the Jets.

5. BroadwayAaron

If she was in the decision to pull him it sounds like the issue was whether or not the bell even had any tightness in his hamstring. He’s making it sound like he just needed to be moving and going to stay loose. Regardless now shit isn’t being handled in house buy our best player and it’s not even halfway through training camp yet. It’s bad no matter how you look at it.

SOJAZ likes this.
  6. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

In a season with so many unknowns, I feel like it is too early to be so sure the season will be a failure. (4-12) is horrendous. It would mean everything is wrong and the Jets need a complete rebuild and a new direction. I would love for you to be wrong too!

cval likes this.
  7. BroadwayAaron

See this is why it’s hard to take your whining seriously. I’ve been a Jets fan for well over two decades and season tickets have been in my family since before I was born. I’m clearly not going anywhere. I’m always going to root for the name on the front of the jersey no matter how much I dislike the person or the coach wearing the logo on his hat. If you don’t want anyone to talk negatively when negative things are happening and maybe the Internet isn’t a place for you.

Also what bear poking comments was I making?

8. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

How many of those had their QB out? Sorry not gonna go back, too many posts.

9. BroadwayAaron

why would I bother having a discussion with someone who won’t even click their mouse a few times to go look at everything I’ve already provided in another instance of this exact conversation?

have a good one.

10. K'OB

K'OB 2021 TGG Fantasy Football Champ

I'm sorry this post is relevant to what exactly? I answered your musings on how a Jets fan can put up with this sort of thing and you have replied with this pile of crap that has literally nothing to do with what was being said, Who was mentioning your team loyalty? Or the length of time served? Nobody but you feel the need to tell me about them and season tickets for what reason?

For your records I have been a fan since 1984, so 36 years, no season ticket though but that is understandable under the circumstances.

My Gase comment has nothing to do with your hatred of him, it was in reply to 'How can a Jets fan willing to turn a blind eye' and I will say it again WTF do you expect me to do if they have a bad practice, phone the coach and have a moan at him and ask him to resign or stomp around my house crying like a baby because it hasn't gone well on the field?

As for whining lol that apple doesn't fall far from your tree, my comment was a joke, if you didn't understand that, that's on you, the other post was simply answering your questions.

Whining lol

I get bored reading the same crap over and over again, happy enough to read the tweets your putting up but your snide comments under everyone is becoming very grinding and boring as fuck.

Finally, I am not going back to look through your 300 daily posts to find a couple of posts that you poked a comment about the things we discussed earlier in the week, I ignored them that was my point in reply to 'can actually make this about football and not a bunch of pissing in moaning back-and-forth'

Which ironically it has now become, funny that.

11. 101GangGreen101

I guess it wasn't important after all, but hey I went back 2 fucking pages all I saw were a bunch of tweets. So were those QBs out as long as Sam was? Guessing not. Its quite possible, RA hits 1000 with a healthy QB.

12. 101GangGreen101

OL is more important, and I will stick with that. I just have a different value system on how to get starting WRs on this team. I'm not the GM, otherwise I would've drafted 2 WRs, would I have done so in the first round? Probably not.

13. Donttasemebro

Donttasemebro Well-Known Member

The bitching pissing and moaning needs to stop. The jets are a perennial basement dweller/fuckup of a franchise that i've been following since 83. We're all trying to stay interested and have some fun following them. Bad days, bad plays or bad breaks happen. Especially to shitty teams. This is what they are. Get an emotional grip or go jump on someone else's bandwagon. It's embarrassing the way some of you meltdown over minutiae.

Like a lot of people I come here for a distraction and you're making that more difficult. I'm not the only one. Please stop with the infighting and bitching.

/flame on!

Bills over Jets likes this.
  14. BroadwayAaron

It was really easy to find:
    The Dolphins started Ryan Fitzpatrick (13) and Josh Rosen (3).
    The Bengals started Andy Dalton (13) and Ryan Finley (3).
    The Jaguars started Gardner Minshew (12) and Nick Foles (4).

Those teams had equally as bad QB situations and found ways to finish with 1000 yard receivers and top 20 offenses. And just as a reminder... we finished with no receivers over 900 yards and the 29th ranked offense. What other excuses are there to debunk?

SOJAZ likes this.
  15. You & others thought process is that OL is more important & therefore WR is less important. And Thats what i have a problem w. They are 2 completely different position groups. It’s WIDE RECEIVERS.Not “Wide Receivers( Offensive line)”

You can value players anyway youd like.But if you cant separate every positional groups importance & understand how important balance is,its all for not. When you have a young QB to go along w a 10 yr crater size positional hole,its time to put the value system aside & make a change. Fixing a different position group does nothing to fix the problem.

16. 101GangGreen101

Page 12 isn't a few pages man. Personally, I think our QB situation especially when Sam was out was pretty bad, worse than the ones above. Boyd has also been a more productive receiver then RA. I think all factors considered, if Sam played 16 games, they would've had a 1000 yard receiver. Pretty much would've kicked and dragged RA to 1000 yards.

The Jags had a better QB situation then us last year. And I gotta give credit to the Fins as well with Fitzpatrick feeding Parker the ball even though they couldn't do anything else really.

17. sozopol

sozopol Well-Known Member

Van Roten with the "oblique" injury. Anyone know what that means?

18. 101GangGreen101

No, I told YOU this at least a million times PRIOR to the draft that there were far more talented receivers in that draft in comparison to talented OL. Therefore, you guys complaining about not getting a WR in RD1 does nothing for me because I told you, you can get a starting receiver in the 2nd and later in the draft. Each draft you go about your business differently.

LogeSection2RowJ likes this.
  19. 2nd or 3rd time now YOUVE put my words in my mouth about taking a wr round 1.
    Nonetheless lets roll w it.It speaks to how little you respect the WR position.You only care about OL & defense. So be it. Couldnt disagree more but whatever.

20. Jake

Jake Well-Known Member

Team can't even get thru a practice without drama these days. Such a dumpster fire.

Donttasemebro likes this.