2020 Season Win / Loss Predictions

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Longsuffering88, Aug 20, 2020.

?

Jets 2020 Record

1. 11-5 and up

2.8%
  2. 10-6

1.4%
  3. 9-7

18.3%
  4. 8-8

15.5%
  5. 7-9

18.3%
  6. 6-10

16.9%
  7. 5-11 and below

26.8%
  1. Longsuffering88

Longsuffering88 Well-Known Member

I did not see this yet- Please merge if repeat

sadly I see 6-10 record

The never-ending rebuild continues.

Total team talent and depth is just not there. And I’m not sure Gase is the answer.

We have the GM in place but I’d not put money on anyone else long term.

2. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

Weren’t you bashing anyone who even remotely thought we’d have a season? The irony...

Either way... with this schedule, roster and coach I can’t see more than 6 wins unless the defense is on a truly elite level.

ColoradoContrails likes this.
  3. Longsuffering88

Longsuffering88 Well-Known Member

Yes I was

I could still be correct so who knows

4. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

Can you put up a poll? I'll be a little more optimistic and go 7-9.

5. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

I think it depends upon injuries, Covid-19, and if Gase is as bad as many of you think. With injuries/Covid-19 and if Gase isn't the answer, I could see as few as 4-5 wins. If Gase is a better HC than many of you think and they can get everyone healthy and not have any serious injuries, I think they have a chance to go 8-8 or maybe even 9-7.

The Niners, Chiefs and probably the Seahawks are sure losses. I think we should be able to sweep the Dolphins and will probably split with the Bills and Patriots, although if Cam doesn't gel with Belichick, we could possibly sweep the Patriots. I think we'll beat the Browns, the Broncos, and maybe the Cardinals. I couldn't even guess the Colts, Raiders, Rams, and Chargers games.

6. MaximusD163

MaximusD163 Well-Known Member

As we get closer to the season:

Wk 1: @ BUF W
    —Surprise Buffalo on the road week 1, with a good defensive showing and quick start on offense. Get ahead and stay ahead.
    Wk 2: v SF L
    —Just not able to keep up with talent on the 49ers. Jets D plays well but their pass rush just has too much juice.
    Wk 3: @ IND L
    —A tough loss that the Jets look like they should win early. This starts the fans calling for Gase after a 1-2 start.
    Wk 4: v DEN W
    —The Jets D beats up on Drew Lock on a short week and Darnold starts to look good.
    Wk 5: v ARI W
    —A long week to prepare and 2 home games in a row help the Jets prepare for Murray and they are able to keep him under control. Darnold looks great and Crowder has a huge game.
    Wk 6: @ LAC W
    —Chargers offense sputters and the Jets have a good day from Lev Bell to cruise to a win.
    Wk 7: v BUF L
    —Buffalo comes in and their D shuts the Jets down. They look dominant and Josh Allen has a good game. Darnold doesn’t look bad but their coverage is shutting down the Jets receivers, and the run game can’t get going.
    Wk 8: @ KC L
    —Classic Chiefs get ahead early and don’t look back. Darnold makes a go of it but the Chiefs just keep scoring.
    Wk 9: v NE W
    —The Patriots are just ok for the first time in 20 years. The Jets win at home in a battle that goes into overtime.
    Wk 10: @ MIA W
    —The Jets continue on to Miami and steamroll Fitzpatrick and the Dolphins. Chris Herndon and Lev Bell are the stars of the game, and Quinnen Williams gets 3 sacks.
    Wk 11: BYE
    Wk 12: v MIA W
    —The Jets squeak out a much tighter win when the Dolphins turn around and come to MetLife, and give Tua his first start. The rookie looks good but the Jets are able to do just enough.
    Wk 13: v LV L
    —The Raiders are one of the better teams this year, and Derek Carr has his best season ever as a pro. The Jets stumble here after winning 3 straight.
    Wk 14: @ SEA L
    —Jamal talks all week before, and it’s a painful loss, but the Jets manage to keep Jamal to zero sacks and zero picks. He does make a bunch of good plays however. Wilson makes magic happen and wins a close game in Seattle.
    Wk 15: @LAR W
    —The Rams just don’t quite have enough offensive juice to keep up, and Chris Herndon has his second biggest game of the year.
    Wk 16: v CLE W
    —The Browns are in full disaster mode at this point. The Jets sweep up at home and get their 9th win.
    Wk 17: @ NE L
    —The Patriots are our of the playoffs but a prideful Belichick manages to end the Jets regular season with a loss. Still, the Jets are playoff bound for the first time in a decade.

That makes 9-7
    Home: 4-4
    Away: 5-3
    Division: 4-2
    Wildcard Berth

Offensive MVPs: Darnold, Bell, Becton, Herndon
    Honorable mention: Perriman
    Defensive MVPs: Quinnen Williams, Maye, Jenkins
    Honorable Mention: Davis

7. Mr mittens

Mr mittens Active Member

11-5 Darnold goes crazy and bell becomes the star of fantasy football because he killed it.

8. matt robinson 17

matt robinson 17 Well-Known Member

9-7 with a rough schedule

9. ConcordeChops

ConcordeChops 2018 International Poster Award Winner

6-10/7-9

We still have a thin roster. We may have an advantage early on against theoretically stronger teams who haven’t been able to prepare effectively. Belichick will have had nothing to tape unless he’s been hacking Zoom calls.

My only goal from this season is to determine whether Darnold is a true franchise quarterback while we have the draft capital to pick another one.

10. Ptflea2

Ptflea2 Well-Known Member

San Frans defense is scary good and Kittle is a monster, but their WR room with what they lost in the offseason and with recent injury's might be worse/more unproven than ours.

11. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

Boom: We get to 10 wins or more and Wild Card appearance

Bust: 4-5 Wins, Gase sh&ts the bed..Darnold suspect. Douglas overhauls the overhaul

12. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member

5 wins, 3 loses. We win AFCE on tie breaker with Bills. But no playoffs as only half the season is played!

Nah. 10-6 baby!

13. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

I added a poll. I am optimistic. Jets D will be Top 10 again and who knows maybe Top 5.

Jets OL is better and I don't think we are done adding another 1 or 2 veteran WR's.

Darnold in his 3rd year and he is starting a season with the same Coaching from last year.

Joe D knows football and his good relationship with Gase will definitely help.

I believe in Karma. Jets are due for a play off spot.

I think we are making the play offs this year.

14. GQMartin

GQMartin Go 'Cuse

This season will be another level of unpredictability.

The "healthiest" teams are going to have an advantage over those that have to scramble to fill rosters with practice squad players / guys off the street. My guess is we will see very different teams in the playoffs than those that are predicted to be there before the season starts.

I literally cannot even provide a W/L prediction because each week will truly be new circumstances.

Imagesrdecieving likes this.
  15. Ptflea2

Ptflea2 Well-Known Member

Maybe if Jamal wasn't such a whiny bitch and maybe if Mosely was around and maybe if our secondary wasn't full of castoffs/unknowns and maybe if we had a pass rusher........but......

If Williams gets this D even close to top 10 pay him whatever he wants next year.

16. westiedog1

westiedog1 Well-Known Member

Before the Adams trade and Mosely opt out, I would have said 9-7 or even higher. Now, there is no one on the team who can get pressure on the QB and MLB, an important position, is a big question mark. Those two pieces would have given the Jets a good enough defense to give the offense opportunities to win games. So for me, it looks like another mediocre season, 8-8 (if they play).

17. MaximusD163

I'll be honest it's a Jets fan optimism that lets me pick 9-7 on the board. I'm sure my prediction on my podcast will be lower, I keep it a touch more grounded there. But on TGG we're going 9-7 dammit.

NCJetsfan and Brook! like this.
  18. No Fly Zone

No Fly Zone Well-Known Member

Mostly agree... I'd flip the the W/L in the Bills & Indy games. I think they have a shot to beat the Raiders too, their best WR's are rookies, its rare that rookie WR's fare well.

Brook! likes this.
  19. MaximusD163

The Raiders best WR may be a rookie, but their best overall receiver is a damn good TE. They also have a good offensive line, Josh Jacobs, and now Lynn Bowden Jr.

Im not saying it’s impossible or anything, but I like the Raiders offense a lot.

20. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

Last year without Mosley or Williamson we were a top 10 D. Adams made some plays, but it's not like he is some stud pass rusher and now we can't get to the QB. Cashman played pretty well last year and he has looked very good in camp so far. Hewitt played very well last year. Williamson is back. JD added Patrick Onwuasor who has looked very good in camp and played well for the Ravens. Burgess looked good last year. The Jets may not be great at ILB, but they will be solid. McDougald is better in coverage than Adams and a good safety. The drop off won't be huge there. The CB play should be a lot better. If the Jets can get anything out of Anderson, Basham, Zuniga, Q. Williams or Huff (if he makes the team), along with Jenkins, they will have a pass rush. It may not be what we want or need, but they will get some sacks and pressures. Phillips, Shepherd and Folukasi should only get better than they were last year. If Greg Williams has anything to do with it (and he does!) barring an outbreak of Covid or rash of injuries, the D will be top 15, if not top 10.