Jets sign WR Chris Hogan

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by BroadwayAaron, Aug 16, 2020.

1. Cliv Clav

Cliv Clav Active Member

With the weak WR group to start with and now these injuries, maybe we should go out and agree to bring in Dez Bryant, Josh Gordon and Antonio Brown when they are all available. What have we got to lose?! (obviously I am kidding). Demaryius Thomas is an obvious pick-up though. Jarius Wright is a handy player, but more of a slot guy.

Maybe we need to consider trading for a top receiver now we have some draft capital? Bring in a known quality player rather than drafting a lottery ticket next off-season? Allen Robinson perhaps? Anyone you would like us to trade for?

2. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Well-Known Member

Brown would have to serve 8 games as is. I'd take a flyer on Josh Gordon...Dez been out the league for too long IMO.

NCJetsfan likes this.
  3. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

I would call Tennessee about Corey Davis. He can be had

4. Ptflea2

Ptflea2 Well-Known Member

I saw an interesting bit on Dez this morning.....he last played in 2017 and had previously gone 28 straight games with under 100 yards receiving. That tank is clearly empty.

apjbfc and Jonathan_Vilma like this.
  5. Pepsiguy5

Pepsiguy5 Well-Known Member

I always wished we had drafted that guy.

6. MaximusD163

MaximusD163 Well-Known Member

He’s never been that good as a pro

7. Pepsiguy5

Pepsiguy5 Well-Known Member

I know he's been a disappointment. And even if the Jets had the choice taking him over Jamal Adams would have been absurd in hindsight. But I wanted him at the time and thought he was going to be a kick ass receiver in the NFL.

So if he fell out of the sky for cheap now I'd be all for taking a shot on him.

8. Donttasemebro

Donttasemebro Well-Known Member

I hear ya. They are a shit team with a lot of holes. Never going to be able to fix them all at once. OL was the right pick but not the fun or sexy one.

9. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

I wonder if the Eagles are still looking to move Alshon Jeffery. He's hurt and on the PUP so I don't know if he can be moved but he might be worth a look. Rumor had it they wanted to move him because he's always hurt.

I don't like any of the receivers off the street that haven't played in years (Brown, Dez, Gordon, etc.). It's hard to come back from injuries when you're in a professional training environment, let alone when you've been running around and lifting in shorts by yourself for two years.

Walter Football listed Keenan Allen and Marvin Jones as two guys with expiring contracts that could be moved. Not ideal and probably will cost too much for Allen but maybe worth a look.

10. boozer32

boozer32 Well-Known Member

This guy is nothing special. They would have done better bringing D Thomas back. Or better yet kept Robbie Anderson someone who has made it pass Day ONE of training camp.

barfolomew likes this.
  11. blackssmagic

blackssmagic Well-Known Member

I mentioned this just now in a different thread. I would bring in all 3 of them. One of them will likely hit. Shit what do we have to lose at this point?

barfolomew likes this.
  12. Passepartout

Passepartout Active Member

Hogan is only a temporary fix there.

barfolomew likes this.
  13. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

Anderson wanted too much money and wasn't worth it. I don't expect to see D. Thomas back. I read somewhere that the Jets were not happy with him last year. He dogged it somewhat and dropped a pretty high number of passes. He's not the type of veteran they want around the young players.

K'OB and barfolomew like this.
  14. Cliv Clav

Cliv Clav Active Member

Paul Richardson is a player we should pick-up now. He has outside experience and is still young enough to improve in a system like ours. Definitely worth a shot to cover for Vyncint Smith’s injury.

I see we are interested in Donte Moncrief, which makes sense. I actually didn’t know he was a free agent as he can be a good player.

#54 Cliv Clav, Aug 19, 2020
    Last edited: Aug 19, 2020
    apjbfc and barfolomew like this.
  15. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

I'm torn. Of course I want Sam to have the opportunity to develop and grow with excellent WRs. I kind of think that bringing in someone like Richardson or Matthews is just putting lipstick on a pig. I don't know that either would be any better than then young, unproven WRs we have already. I definitely don't want Dez Bryant, Josh Gordon, or Antonio Brown. Not only have they not played in a while and probably aren't any where near being in shape (Ryan Kalil), but they do not have the type of character that JD wants for the Jets, and all three would probably be distractions and quite possibly cancers in the locker room. If a veteran shakes loose at the end of training camp that JD likes, fine or if someone becomes available for trade at a reasonable price, great; otherwise, I think we should just get through this season the best we can (if we indeed to play a full season, which we may not, in which case signing someone like Gordon or Brown would be a waste), see what the youngsters can do, and make the WR position the #1 priority in FA and the draft next offseason.

Footballgod214 likes this.
  16. boozer32

boozer32 Well-Known Member

Well, with WR dropping like flies they need some bodies in there. 2 are out already and its week one.

17. Section 336

Section 336 Well-Known Member

With all the WR injuries it is a little disappointing that we haven’t heard a peep about UDFA Cager and Campbell.
    I really thought both had a chance to make the roster and 1 of them would.

18. Aero

Aero Well-Known Member

I think the only thing I heard on Cager (from Connor Hughes' podcast earlier this week) is that so far, he has terrible hands. Not looking good for him.

19. K'OB

K'OB 2021 TGG Fantasy Football Champ

Why is catching a ball seem so much harder in the pro's? You see these young guys catching miracle passes in college and then it is buttery hands the minute they are drafted?

20. Section 336

Section 336 Well-Known Member

Unlike most here I have been leaning all along that Campbell would be the one to make it.