Sky sports NFL channel

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by UK jet, Aug 12, 2020.

1. UK jet

UK jet Member

Sorry if this is in the wrong place but exciting news for UK Jets and NFL fans
    Sky sports have signed a 5 year deal with NFL to show a minimum of 5 live games a week which will be aired on a dedicated channel to NFL (sky sports NFL)and will include all the build up, analysis and highlights all week long
    Great news

boozer32, K'OB, Leicester Jet and 6 others like this.
  2. Quinnenthebeast

Quinnenthebeast Well-Known Member

That’s good to hear. Mad respect to our international fans. You guys aren’t bandwagon fans that’s for sure!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

Well. I am happy for you guys over there. I wonder what 5 games they are. Let me take a crack at it.

Thursday night game
    Sunday 1:00 pm game
    Sunday 4:25 pm game
    Sunday night game
    Monday night game

5 hour time difference. So night games will be like 1 am games for you guys but it is something

Leicester Jet and donkey like this.
  4. MaximusD163

MaximusD163 Well-Known Member

I heard the NFL is going to pounce on Saturday games if college football doesn’t go in the fall.

Brook! and donkey like this.
  5. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

Congratulations! I'm glad that you guys will be able to see games.

Leicester Jet and Brook! like this.
  6. ConcordeChops

ConcordeChops 2018 International Poster Award Winner

Is this any different to what we have already? I thought we already had 5 televised games per week.

The only difference a dedicated channel brings is that we’ll have wall-to-wall “America’s Game: 2003 Tampa Bay Buccaneers” documentaries whenever live games aren’t being shown.

7. ukjetsfan

ukjetsfan Well-Known Member

I subscribe to Gamepass anyway, which gives me every game live - except those shown on Sky Sports, which are only available later.

I’m afraid I’ve always thought Sky Sports coverage is awful. I haven’t watched it for years.

Centiment likes this.
  8. MoWilkBeast

MoWilkBeast Well-Known Member

It's not really different is it. Maybe a bit more build up. Sky haven't always had all the games as one or other, MNF for example, was shown by a different broadcaster. Makes little difference to me. I just stream Jets games. All the docs are available on demand anyway.

ConcordeChops likes this.
  9. ConcordeChops

Pretty much. The Jets will only get televised for the Thursday and Monday games. Outside of that it always appears to be AFC North and NFC West games. Every time I check the TV Guide it seems to be always Steelers/Ravens and 49ers/Rams.

I’ll be on the streams with the two minute delay again. While I’m watching Darnold take a first-down snap, everyone else is seeing our fourth-down punt.

ukjetsfan likes this.
  10. donkey

donkey Well-Known Member

I'll still get my Jets on the computer, projected on to the wall in my house. Big screen action.

SNF, MNF & TNF are a pain in the arse starting at around 1-30 am.

Massively in favour of Saturday games though, can stay up and watch a late Saturday night game and not worry about getting up for work the next day.

Leicester Jet, FinnishJET and Brook! like this.
  11. UK jet

UK jet Member

Yea your right it's still the same 5 games a week live
    But I'm guessing with its own channel there'll be alot more highlights and insight
    Plus it's a 5 year deal and hopefully beyond

Brook! likes this.
  12. championjets69

championjets69 2008/2009 TGG Darksider Award Winner

My question is since U R 6/7 hours ahead of us will U be willing to be up 1900 hours to watch a game? For 4pm USA game time means like 2300 your time
    R U going to be willing to pay the subscripition fee whatever it is? your time :mad:

13. ConcordeChops

5 hours and we already do. You'll find plenty of us watching Monday Night football until 3am-4am. And you think you've got it bad as a Jets fan?

Leicester Jet and Brook! like this.
  14. championjets69

championjets69 2008/2009 TGG Darksider Award Winner

Sorry where I am google says London is 1129 which makes it 6 hours for me :mad:

15. MoWilkBeast

1pm Eastern games start at 6pm here, apart from one week when it is 5pm because our Daylight Savings comes in a week before yours typically. 4pm games aren't a major issue but prime time games are a pain. I usually just DVR them and watch the next morning (allowing me to skip through the inevitable dross the Jets serve up and save myself some pain).

Brook! likes this.
  16. ukjetsfan

In the 80s I would set my alarm to listen to radio broadcasts on AFRTS when the Jets played Monday night games. I listened to them destroy the Broncos in 86, on headphones because my college roommate was asleep. The time difference adds a complication, but if my Jets are playing, I'm watching (or listening).

I've been thinking about getting a radio subscription again this season as well, because I miss the broadcasts. Kind of a nostalgia thing, but also if the Jets are on Sky I can't watch them live on Gamepass. Listening would be a nice alternative.

Centiment, Brook! and Footballgod214 like this.
  17. MoWilkBeast

Thought the Gamepass blackout was just 1 & 4pm games, or maybe the Sunday late game as well? Or perhaps that's changed since I switched to streaming.

Brook! likes this.
  18. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member

Do you have SIRIUS satellite radio over there? It's big here (well, kinda). I listen to Jets games while on my boat fishing the great lakes.

19. ukjetsfan

I don't know about SIRIUS - I know the NFL used to offer a radio subscription package and I hope they still do!

Footballgod214 likes this.
  20. UK jet

UK jet Member

Sundays games are ideal viewing time over here 6pm then 9pm starts usually
    The late night Thursday Sunday and Monday games I record if I'm interested in watching them and watch first thing next day when not working (I work continental shifts so alot of time off during the week)
    The channel is included in the overall sky sports package which has all the live sports and which I already pay for each month
    In reality 5 games a week is too much for me but at least we'll get a good choice of live games so can pick and choose