One Jets Drive - Season 3 Debut on 8/4(Tuesday) at 8 pm

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Brook!, Aug 4, 2020.

1. Falco21

Falco21 Well-Known Member

Damn, that episode really has me amped up for this kid!

I really hope this kid turns into the franchise guy I know he has the ability to be.

Brook!, dawinner127 and barfolomew like this.
  2. dawinner127

dawinner127 Well-Known Member

He's the guy. That's all there is to it.. he is the one.

twown, Brook! and FJF like this.
  3. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member

I was a bit disappointed how they 'side stepped' the 'I see ghosts' episode in his development. They discussed the game, but never mentioned it. Kinda a 'puff piece'. They were talking about how tough the game was, and it woulda been a good spot for Sam to explain to his fans what he was feeling. Instead all we got was the standard issued 'gotta learn from it and get better' BS.

It was a big moment in his young life and they jumped right over it.

barfolomew likes this.
  4. K'OB

K'OB 2021 TGG Fantasy Football Champ

He has all the promise, this OL improvement will hopefully give him a chance to unlock that promise and take the next step, the minute he does, is the minute we change as a franchise.

#24 K'OB, Aug 12, 2020
    Last edited: Aug 12, 2020
    Brook! and barfolomew like this.
  5. K'OB

K'OB 2021 TGG Fantasy Football Champ

Positivity is required not wallowing in the shit, christ we have done that enough and I have zero interest in watching him getting beaten up v the Pats.

Ptflea2 and dawinner127 like this.
  6. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

* Jordan Palmer*
    Jesse was a Gator, back up with the Giants and the bachelor.

there’s no doubt in my mind that Sam is going to lift this team to perennial playoff team .

twown likes this.
  7. Too bad Sam has no weapons & no one seems to give a damn.Oh wel.Maybe next young FQB that comes through in say 20 yrs.

8. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

Kurt. He is only 23. This year Joe built Offensive Line from scratch. He still got away with a very promising young WR in Mims. Watch Joe next year. He will keep building around Sam. I am hopeful. :)

9. Falco21

Not for nothing, but why harp on that game? Was it a learning experience, absolutely. Hell, I was lost for words for days following that game, but there is no benefit in constantly reliving it.

This franchise has been through shit for many many years. There is so much positive to take from his performances last year and so much positive to take from the effort he is putting in daily. I'll leave that one game to the past. When I played ball, there was one lesson my college coach taught me that has alway stuck with me. After a strike out, walk into the dugout and flush the toilet. Get rid of it. Move on.

Footballgod214 likes this.
  10. Falco21

This I highly disagree with.

He has Le'Veon Bell, Chris Herndon, Denzel Mims, Jamison Crowder, Breshad Perriman, and Ryan Griffin.

I would not say he is lacking weapons. And I sure as hell would not say "no one seems to give a damn".

11. Well we disagree.Strongly. Or have very different standards.

It’s EASILY the worst WR corps in the NFL. I cant even fathom how anyone could think otherwise.

Herndon basically hasnt played in a yr & isnt reliable..Griffin is a 30 year old in line back up TE.

That leaves Bell. I guess we dont need anything else?

And by the way..how much of this LOADED weapons arsenal are actual long term pieces? Crowder?MAYBE Mims if he doesnt bust like every other 2nd RD WR weve drafted? Can Herndon really be counted on?

Yes.We sure are loaded at the skils.Bring on yet another defensive pick 1st round of the next draft

#31 KurtTheJetsFan, Aug 12, 2020
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 12, 2020
  12. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

He has a top slot guy, a top rb, a promising young tight end, a solid pro tight end , one of the hottest wrs to finish 2019 and a promising rookie. It’s not the best in the league but it’s not Sanchez 2012 either.

13. Falco21

I never used the word "loaded" and I definitely never said we have some of the best weapons in the league. Far from it. Your comment was that Sam has "no weapons". I disagree. Completely.

Crowder has proven to be a very solid WR in the slot. Perriman showed great production at the end of stretch last season when he moved to the #1 spot on the roster due to injuries. Herndon has proven in a small sample size to be a very good weapon. Mims is also a high value prospect that hopefully pans out and becomes a solid pick.

Again, no one is calling the Jets skills position "great". But to say there is "no weapons" I think is very inaccurate.

14. 1.A top slot guy who is injury prone
    2.A top RB coming off the worst yr of his career who has already been speculated as to being traded this season
    3.A promising young TE who has had injury AND off the field problems,Who is another suspension/extended injury away from the waiver wire
    4.A 30 year old in line TE who we got off the waiver wire.
    5. We say the same things about Perriman we said about Curtis Conway,Matthew Hatchette & Justin Mccareins.4th team in 4 yrs..on a 1 yr deal

6.I sincerely hope the standard is higher than “better than 2012 Sanchez” i sincerely HOPE.

I know damn well this level of talent wouldnt be acceptable at OL..not sure why this is different.

15. 88toon

88toon Well-Known Member

Hear you Kurt but this wasn't a one year fix. I think Douglas was right to concentrate on fixing the O line this offseason to make sure Sam has a chance of survival while trying to tweak the skill positions. You only have so many resources. I would be shocked if they didn't go heavy on skill positions next year. When was the last time the jets used their first two draft picks on offense? The effort is there, but again, can't fix every single hole in one offseason.

Brook!, SOJAZ and NCJetsfan like this.
  16. CotcheryFan

CotcheryFan 2018 ROTY Poster Award Winner

We agree on a lot, but I think it's a stretch to call Crowder injury prone. He has played at least 15 games in all but 1 season.

17. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

Compare each QB's passer rating to the league average passer rating at the time, and Darnold's isn't any less uninspiring. :mad::mad::mad:

18. I get that it's not a one year fix. I actually had no problem w any of the players the Jets drafted. That said...this will be Sam's 3rd year w. a subpar surrounding cast. Worse yet there are very few pieces he can count on to continue growing w. long term currently on the roster.So my immediate concerns are...

A. Will lack of weapons for 3 straight yrs stunt his growth?
    B. Will he want to re-sign w. a team that has failed to build a surrounding cast around him & may not have the scouting to EVER achieve it?
    C. Will the 2021 draft be yet ANOTHER chapter of defense & line play being prioritized over scoring points? History says it will. Early opinions from Other Jet fans sure says it will. Somehow Edge, Corner & MORE OL are getting early precedent. What a surprise.

WR needed to be more of a priority for Sam's sake as well as finally entering the realm of football in 2020. We are still vertically & passing game challenged. There's all this fear over the Jets ruining Darnold. But guess what ruined the last young QB the jets had? I'll give a hint...other than WFH it wasn't the OL which everyone seems to think is the only thing that matters.

Offensive skill for this team has been a wasteland going on a decade. When including QB pre
    Darnold it's EASILY the biggest weakness on the roster. Everyone insists it's OL..but the WRS had a good 5 yr start on ineptitude before the OL actually fell apart. It is my opinion that this team will NOT become contenders OR turn the corner as a legit football program until serious priority is given to offensive skill & scoring points from a player procurement perspective. It's not that I feel skill is the be all end all. It's a game of balance. Quite frankly I'd much rather talk about OL or DBs. But it's been a dire need for a decade & IN that decade the boundary has become significantly more impactful. This coming draft should be it. It should be pure fixation from JD on down to the fan base. Yet somehow..miraculously enough...the priority ALREADY seems to be edge or more OL & that we can "Find a WR later". Do we want to score points? Actually let me re-phrase that? Do we want our OFFENSE to score points?!

#38 KurtTheJetsFan, Aug 12, 2020
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 12, 2020
  19. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member

I get it....never wanna harp on a bad moment. However, they actually DID harp on the NE game....showed some of it, talked to Sam about it....but never mentioned the ghost comment. I thought that was bad. Turned the whole thing into a fluff piece. Woulda been the perfect place for Sam to address it...."yeah, NE has a great D. They were coming at me from every spot on the field. Even when they weren't coming I thought I heard footsteps behind me!" (laughs it off, moves on).

20. Falco21

Of course it's a fluff piece. It's the One Jets Drive series to pump you up for the upcoming season.

I get your point, but that would not fit in with the purpose of these videos. The purpose is to get to know the players more in preparation for hopefully a successful season. That ghost comment has been discussed ad-nauseam after it occurred. Darnold already addressed that previously.

Just not sure what the purpose would be to bring it up again

HomeoftheJets likes this.