2020 Fantasy Football Thread (Winner: NOVAJET)

Discussion in 'Fantasy Football' started by dawinner127, Aug 9, 2020.

1. dawinner127

dawinner127 Well-Known Member

5 weeks until opening day. Last night we just picked our draft order and our draft is scheduled 3 weeks from today. I landed the 9th pick in a .5 PPR and feel like it's an absolute crapshoot on who is going to be there. I'm heavily leaning towards taking Clyde Edwards Helaire from KC since Damien Williams opted out due to COVID.

Anyone else draft their teams yet?

2. No Fly Zone

No Fly Zone Well-Known Member

From what I've heard the ceiling for him isn't that high. I've done a few drafts from the 9 hole. I grabbed one of the top QB's then the best WR/RB in round 2. In others I drafted 3rd / 4th and got a good player in round 1 but after that I've found that the elite RB's are gone by as are the top WR's but there are plenty of very good WR and RB you can get in rounds 4-8. In one league the RB I wanted next was gone so while every else zigged I zagged and grabbed Kelce then Kittle. Either of them is a better flex option than the RB's and WR's that remained. Not sure it will work out by I haven't seen anyone else try this approach. In another league I picked 3rd grabbed Zeke then Mahomes and Kittle / Andrews in round 3/4. Still wound up with a good team.

https://football.fantasysports.yahoo.com/f1/835192/8

https://football.fantasysports.yahoo.com/f1/833267/1

#2 No Fly Zone, Aug 11, 2020
    Last edited: Aug 11, 2020
  3. FinnishJET

FinnishJET 2023 TGG Double FF Champion

How come there's not a league for TGG members, at least that I know of? It would be lots of fun to play against each other. And if there was one, how can I participate?

4. dawinner127

There used to be a few people who ran fantasy leagues here on TGG but I think they dissolved over the years. If someone wanted to start one up I would 100% partake in it. I remember Brook even volunteered to take payment options for the league and pay it out at the end if people wanted to get a few bucks involved.

Jonathan_Vilma and FinnishJET like this.
  5. dawinner127

6. GreenGreek

GreenGreek Well-Known Member

I can keep one of these RBs. I have them all on the same tier, and can talk myself into any being the one to break out. How do you rank them:
    Chubb
    Jacobs
    Ekeler
    Drake

7. dawinner127

Are there any benefits of keeping the player who was drafted in a later round or is it all the same? I have Chubb + Jacobs on my DNDL. Chubb was brutal the moment Hunt came back into the fold last year (week 8+) and Jacobs lack of involvement in the passing game is worrisome for me. I think Jacobs is a rock solid RB2 though.

I think the guy with the most upside there is Ekeler. They just paid him this offseason and the Chargers don't pay anyone, ever. They only have Justin Jackson behind him and the Chargers are going to be abysmal this year. They are going to be trailing quite a bit and whenever Herbert takes over it could be check down city for him.

Drake - Kingsbury scares the shit out of me. He played everyone for a fool last year with Chase Edmonds and their other RB (can't remember who it was off the top of my head) but no one knew which one to play and he was killing fantasy owners all season. Drake was incredible after the trade from Miami but KK just scares me.

8. GreenGreek

GreenGreek Well-Known Member

No benefit. Every team gets to keep one player, and a player that was kept by a team the previous year can't be kept again (by any team).

I feel like Jacobs has the safest floor in what should be a better offense this year. He's the clearest bell cow even if the chatter that they will get him more passing work is BS.

Drake to me is the biggest boom or bust. Chubb with a new OC, even one that loves to be overly run heavy, is a little risky unless Hunt gets hurt or suspended. I'd feel better about Ekeler if Captain Checkdown (Rivers) was still there. He could be the entirety of a bad offense, but he could also be the focus of opposing defenses. I'm not sure he can repeat and sustain his early 2019 pace. He feels kind of like a Lev Bell situation.

9. dawinner127

I still think I like Ekeler the best. Is it a PPR? Like you said, you can make a case of all of them. I think I remember hearing that Lynn wanted to focus more on the ground game this year so that would be even more of a reason to keep Ekeler. If you go back and look at Jacobs gamelog last year, he wasn't all that impressive outside 3 or 4 games. A lot of games where he did absolutely nothing.

10. FinnishJET

I've been thinking about this, I could set up a League for GG members sometime next week, now that I have more time on my hands after getting laid off from my job starting next week. I need something to do to pass a time..

I was wondering do any of you have preferences on the platform where to set it up (ESPN, nfl.com or another)? Would you like it to be PPR, IDP (I've been part of one that has IDP, it's lots of fun), wich kind of draft, etc.? Any suggestions you have, let's start from there and see if this get any traction at all..

11. dawinner127

I've always used Yahoo since it was the easiest to read and they've actually improved their platform since last year. After 15 years we switched to CBS and it was abysmal. I thought it was going to be way better but it just wasn't so this year we are back to Yahoo.

Depending on the amount of people I think we can look into a 2 QB league or a superflex (qb/rb/wr/te). I would prefer PPR or .5 PPR and indifferent about IDP.

FinnishJET likes this.
  12. FinnishJET

I've never used Yahoo before, I will check it out.

13. No Fly Zone

No Fly Zone Well-Known Member

If you set it up invite me I'll join.

dawinner127 and FinnishJET like this.
  14. FinnishJET

I probably will do it sometime this or next week.
    I definitely will throw you an invite. Hopefully there's enough interested players here to get a full league running.

15. dawinner127

Just drafted for my main league — thoughts?

14 team .5 PPR

QB - Dak
    RB1 - Mixon
    RB2 - Philip Lindsey
    WR1 - Godwin
    WR2 - Ridley
    TE - Herndon
    Flex - Chark

Bench
    Zack moss
    Jeudy
    Justin Jefferson
    Michael Pittman
    Jonnu Smith

16. IDFjet

IDFjet Well-Known Member

No kickers or Def? Looks like you picked at 10 or 11?

It looks like you took Mixon rd 1 and Godwin rd 2. Decent.
    Can't be sure who u took in 3rd--I prefer DK Metcalf or Sutton to Ridley and Chark but you went with the chalk.
    Don't care for Lindsey at all--they don't use him right for fantasy. Maybe he bounces back this year if Gordan is hurt. Else Gordon gets all RB touches inside 5 yard line.
    I like Lamb over Jeudy and Jefferson. Even like Sterling Shepard and Slayton over those 2.
    Looks like you could have had Ertz or Higbee round 4/5 if you passed on Dak.

Overall don't see you being competitive. Just my opinion. GL

17. dawinner127

Always love the criticism, no hard feelings. Just to address a few things:

- 18 RBs went in the first 28 picks

- I took Ridley over Metcalf. I really like DK, but the fact that Seattle is a run first team scares me. They also play in a tougher division with better defenses than Atlanta who will throw the ball 600 times (again). Sutton went right before my pick in round 4 where I took Chark.

Also, can you explain what you meant when you said maybe Lindsey bounces back? He had over 1200 total yards and 7 touchdowns last year. Per reports Gordon has had a lingering rib injury all camp and has struggled adjusting to the altitude.

"Over the last two years, here are the only players who have more rushing yards than him: Ezekiel Elliott, Derrick Henry, Nick Chubb, Christian McCaffrey, Chris Carson, Saquon Barkley, Joe Mixon, and Todd Gurley." He is a rock solid RB2 in a 14 teamer IMO.

18. IDFjet

IDFjet Well-Known Member

Cool dude---I had Lindsey last year--trust me he was dogshit--he had a couple decent fantasy games but there's no predicting when. Inside the 10 he usually sat and they played Freeman. Didn't realize his stats are so favorable--he's a great player but he under-performs in fantasy.

Ridley makes sense based upon your logic. I typically like the value of the 2nd receiver when there's a stud like Julio--trouble with Ridley is he costs a high pick. Diontae Johnson is the kind of 2nd receiver value pick. Tyler Boyd too.

I'll keep this convo in mind Monday night.

dawinner127 likes this.
  19. dawinner127

Fair. Good luck this year!

Hopefully you poke your head around this thread throughout the year. Last year it got pretty active and was great to have a bunch of people bounce ideas off of each other whether is was year long fantasy or DFS.

IDFjet likes this.