Quincy Enunwa Cut

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Falco21, Aug 3, 2020.

1. apjbfc

apjbfc Well-Known Member

Wonder if this is to help protect the future. Even if quincy was on IR, if he said he was not participating this year due to covid, i wonder if his contract would then bounce again.

I wouldn't be supprised to see us spend as little money as possible this year now, save what we can and call this season for what it is.

On another note, i hope qunicy gets to enjoy non footballing life, and that these injuries have not effected him too much.

Sent from my SM-G610Y using Tapatalk

nycarl likes this.
  2. IDFjet

IDFjet Well-Known Member

I'm always curious about a cut like Braden before training camp--he doesn't count against the cap and could be cut at any time no problem--so why not see if he worked his ass off in offseason and comes in like a bull? Probably they have some info about weight gain, or he said hes not in shape, etc. Just something I wonder about when I see this kind of cut pre-camp.

3. Quinnenthebeast

Quinnenthebeast Well-Known Member

Per Overthrcap.com:

“Assuming the guarantee stands Enunwa’s dead money will be $11.879 million in 2020, a loss of $4.078 million in cap room. This is rare to see these kind of releases so I have a feeling that this is simply the Jets using newfound cap space from opt outs to get it off the books now rather than waiting until next year and also prevents Enunwa from being able to opt out to delay the timeline for the team. Enunwa will also carry a $3.6 million dead money charge in 2021.

The Jets look to be all in on creating cap space for next year now that they have traded Jamal Adams and watched CJ Mosley opt out of the season and this should do just that. They are up to $30M in cap space this year and will now be among the league leaders in projected cap space for 2021.”

blackssmagic, nycarl and Brook! like this.
  4. Red Menace

Red Menace Well-Known Member

He was the lesser of all evils when it came down to the oline, Jets were so bad on oline that Winters looked good compared to the rest.

boozer32 likes this.
  5. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

I used to like Quincy until he acted like a baby on Twitter last year. The immaturity of these players is alarming. Professionals would handle stuff like that in house. After that day, I have just been waiting to hear when he would be released. Today is that day. Obviously Mac gave him a terrible contract, but that is why Mac is gone. Hopefully he counts his blessings that Mac gave him and retires. It sucks he injured his neck because he had a bright future, but that is life. I think he could have been a strong #2 WR for Sam if he was healthy.

The 2015 Jets were stacked at WR with Marshall, Decker, Enunwa and Kerley. Fun times.

Brook! and twown like this.
  6. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

Damn, what could have been for Q. He had all the tools to be elite.

7. Falco21

Falco21 Well-Known Member

This is so Jet like.

We have a receiver who has elite level talent and he is plagued with career ending neck injuries.

One day our luck will change. I'm hoping it did with the addition of Joe Douglas

8. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

Great big YAWN...

9. JETS1116

JETS1116 Well-Known Member

What is Jet like is cutting him and seeing him go to another team and post multiple 1k yard seasons....

Even though Q was rarely on the field, he somehow was still one of my favorite players. I had hope that he would prove he is a #1 and I loved how he played. We all know the effort level was there when he would run through 5 defenders for 3 extra yards. If only he could stay healthy and had a competent QB/O-Line. Sucks that we'll never know. $36M contract and played a little over 1 game, could be the worst contract in Jets history.

10. Falco21

Enunwa likely won't play in the NFL ever again, which is why we cut him.

He will not be medically cleared until at least 2021 and it is likely he will never take another NFL snap.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cb...-deal-receivers-nfl-career-could-be-over/amp/

11. GasedAndConfused

GasedAndConfused Well-Known Member

not unexpected. wish him the best. at least he got paid so he's set for life. maybe he can be a WR coach or trainer if he wanted to.

12. GasedAndConfused

GasedAndConfused Well-Known Member

yup we could have gave that to robby and had the same cap situation we have now and instead had robby over a dead cap figure. mac picked wrong when he chose to extend enunwa over robby. we did the same when we extended wilk over snacks

13. boozer32

boozer32 Well-Known Member

I was done with him when he committed that meathead offensive penalty against The Seahawks. Play was over and he was walking next to a lineman then he headbutted him. Not only a penalty but he concussed himslef. A true dick.

Red Menace likes this.
  14. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

Nothing about Wyatt Ray at all?

Hmmm, Wyatt, huh? Ever do much on social media?

15. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

Thanks, Quincy for playing hard and making some big plays for us. Sorry that you got injured. Hopefully, you will put playing football behind you and take care of yourself. I wish you the best.

azhar80 and Burnz like this.
  16. championjets69

championjets69 2008/2009 TGG Darksider Award Winner

Ah lets all chip in & purchase a box of hankerchiefs for FJF so he can cry into them with the cutting of QE So now he 0-2 with this cut the other B our former HC Toddy:mad:

17. Falco21

You ever heard of the word "punctuation"?

MoWilkBeast likes this.
  18. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

How much do they cost? I've always read they're pretty expensive..

Pepsiguy5 likes this.
  19. MoWilkBeast

MoWilkBeast Well-Known Member

He punctuates every post.:mad::mad::mad: ;)

Falco21 likes this.
  20. Falco21

Apparently a lot.

I guess I was born with the proverbial "silver spoon", in that regard.