"I Can't Believe the Jets Just Got Joe Douglas"

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Falco21, Aug 3, 2020.

1. Falco21

Falco21 Well-Known Member

Been listening to the "Can't Wait" podcast about the Jets. Hosted by Connor Hughes.

This was his comments on the episode last week about the Adams trade:

"With everyone that I talk to about Joe Douglas. Every call I made around the league. Every agent I talk to. Every front office person I talk to. All of this stuff, every single one of them told me that Joe Douglas is the can't miss executive prospect. He is the can't miss guy. He is the one that has the personality for it. He is the one that has the evaluation eye for it. He is the one that has the people skills for it. He is the one that has trained under Ozzie Newsome, who is one of the best to do it. Howie Roseman is one of the best to do it.

And when the deal was finalized and Christopher Johnson spent all that time wooing him and the 6 year contract is finally what got Joe Douglas to Florham Park, when that happened, the text message I got form one of the most high ranking sources that I have was "I can't believe the Jets just got Joe Douglas"."

LAJet, almbleamal, mattyd99 and 17 others like this.
  2. K'OB

K'OB 2021 TGG Fantasy Football Champ

Yes, I wonder what will go wrong for us?

3. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

In Joe Douglas We Trust! He has already transformed the roster and it has only been one year. Can't wait to see what he does with a few more free agency and drafts under his belt! :cool:

4. LogeSection2RowJ

LogeSection2RowJ Well-Known Member

He'd better not opt out.

5. MaximusD163

MaximusD163 Well-Known Member

I was hesitant to believe this narrative back when he was first hired. However, up to this point he has delivered exactly what a GM of this caliber would. The tone of the team has been different all offseason.

6. Baumeister

Baumeister Well-Known Member

Nice post Falco! It is good to know that JD has this reputation around the league. The crappy part is that as a long time Jets fan I am always waiting the "Oh shit they fucked up again" shoe to drop. Let's hope that does not happen.

Brook! and NCJetsfan like this.
  7. JetsNation06

JetsNation06 Well-Known Member

I'll take a wait and see approach on this one until the Jets start winning more than they lose.

HomeoftheJets likes this.
  8. Falco21

Falco21 Well-Known Member

I think that is a given.

Still feels pretty damn good that it is widely viewed that we got the best GM candidate possible and that there is a TON of potential.

Nice to be on that side of the fence for once

9. CotcheryFan

CotcheryFan 2018 ROTY Poster Award Winner

When Idzik was hired, I had a bad feeling as his background was mainly on the administration side. My suspicions were confirmed when he blew a 12 player draft in 2014.

When Maccagnan was hired, I was cautiously optimistic because he was director of college scouting. But, it became apparent over time that he was in over his head and had to go. Making too many blown picks, big FA signings on non tier 1 players, and neglecting the OL were all firable offenses.

This time feels different. We have someone who learned under one of the best, rose up the ranks, and has been a part of 3 Super Bowl winning teams. Time will tell if he's truly the real deal, but it appears that way so far.

Pepsiguy5, MJK, JetBlue and 4 others like this.
  10. Imagesrdecieving

Imagesrdecieving Well-Known Member

If you believe in the Jets jinx - we can expect audio/text messages/emails to be released showing the JD is racist/misogynistic/homophobic. It feels like that is the only kind of thing that could slow him down.

Brook! and Falco21 like this.
  11. jetstopgun

jetstopgun Well-Known Member

I love that Tom Petty song..’even the loser gets lucky Sometime’

Pepsiguy5, nycarl, MJK and 2 others like this.
  12. boozer32

boozer32 Well-Known Member

The Johnosn tools better not mess with him. When he comes up for a raise give it to him and make him happy.

13. JetBlue

JetBlue Well-Known Member

I felt JD was the right guy when he told the Jets “six years or suck my dick.”

14. Quinnenthebeast

Quinnenthebeast Well-Known Member

I need to see the draft picks produce or at least look very promising this year for me to start to believe. Of course up until this point he has done pretty well. The Khalil signing was a miss but he has at least attempted to fill needs on the cheap (except edge) so I would say so far so good. He really should be able to address almost all of the remaining needs next year with all the ammo that he has.

15. VegasMav

VegasMav Well-Known Member

I heard about him before he was a candidate. I'm glad we got him. Greener pastures ahead. Watch this team gel with the moves he makes.

boozer32 likes this.
  16. azhar80

azhar80 Well-Known Member

Joe D just has the right feel. Everyone of his moves seems calculated and with a purpose.

I'd be willing to bet, if I was a betting man, that Joe D would be ranked/votes as the most liked person on the Jets, including all players and management.

boozer32 likes this.
  17. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

Do former Jets get to vote in that poll?

18. NYGANGGREEN

NYGANGGREEN Well-Known Member

Hes the right man for the job I havent been this sure EVER!!!

K'OB likes this.
  19. MoWilkBeast

MoWilkBeast Well-Known Member

If JD is the most liked person in the building by the players I very much doubt he is the right man for the job. They might like him personally, or not, but they sure as hell better not like him when it comes to contract time. Respected might be a better thing to aim for. Tough, smart, purposeful and respected. That's the guy I want. JD might well be it.

Brook! likes this.
  20. azhar80

azhar80 Well-Known Member

I'm saying most like by us fans.