Someone Please Explain How the 2020 Season will Work.....

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by Falco21, Jul 27, 2020.

1. Jets_Grinch

Jets_Grinch Well-Known Member

The NBA already has one high profile case of this, don't blame Lou those wings looked amazing. I also have heard rumors from a reliable source some of the NHL guys here are trying really hard to meet up with local young ladies out of the bubble. I honestly believed these two leagues had the best chance to work, less guys to bubble and multiple games per week. I also assumed young dudes with hyper libidos and too much money would be the downfall. The NFL is fucked.

Jonathan_Vilma and stinkyB like this.
  2. ILoveTheJets

ILoveTheJets Active Member

I will be surprised if they play a 16 game schedule

3. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

The last place you want to put a group of sixteen hundred 22-35 year old men and hope to keep them in their hotel rooms is in Las Vegas.

They need to build a bubble for these dudes in North Dakota or Montana.

mute and Jets_Grinch like this.
  4. Falco21

Falco21 Well-Known Member

Doug Pederson, Eagles HC, just tested positive

5. Jonathan_Vilma

alleycat9 likes this.
  6. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

Only way it will work. Bubble model in specific cities for the NFL. MLB is going to have to either continue as is or shut it down.

7. Cidusii

Cidusii Well-Known Member

They could maybe make a deal with a country like Taiwan or NZ (not sure other covid-free countries have sufficient stadiums) to quarantine everyone and play in a safer country for a season. Probably not logistically possible however.

8. Jets_Grinch

Jets_Grinch Well-Known Member

You also need to think of available football facilities. Something like Oklahoma or Iowa maybe. Need a couple large Universities and likely a few bigger community college or high school programs for practice fields.

alleycat9 and Jonathan_Vilma like this.
  9. Falco21

Falco21 Well-Known Member

Alan Hurns just opted out for Miami.

50 players now have opted out

10. dawinner127

dawinner127 Well-Known Member

There was like 3 threads I could have posted this in but I'll throw it here I guess.

Good news!

Brook!, 101GangGreen101 and FJF like this.
  11. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

I finally read this article. I agree with some of the author's conclusions, but not the others.

For starters, indoor stadiums are much more risky/unsafe than outdoor stadiums, as the air is more confined, and games aren't canceled due to inclement weather, so his reasoning for using domed stadiums is flawed imo. Secondly, I don't see how they think they could start two-hour practice sessions at 8:00 in the morning and go until midnight and keep the locker rooms sterile and safe. The same thing goes for playing 3 games on Sundays. Thirdly, I'm wondering if the author is a Colts or Rams fan, as both the Colts and Rams would have a HUGE advantage in that all their games would be at home. In the Rams' case, I think it would be their former home, but still that is an advantage. No other team would get that opportunity. Why would the West bubble be in St. Louis? St. Louis isn't much further West than Indianapolis. That makes no sense.

I could be mistaken, but I would think that every NFL team charters flights to away games anyway, and if they are going to have their own hotels to stay in, they could take chartered buses to the stadium as they do anyway at minimal risk. San Diego's stadium is not being used now, is it? That is in the West and would make more sense.

101GangGreen101 likes this.
  12. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

I would prefer outdoor stadiums as well, however the author has some pretty decent ideas. I definitely think of the bubble areas should be NJ, outdoor stadium, #s are pretty good in NJ as well in terms of those affected. So then, perhaps you pick what 5 other bubble locations around the US? The bubble has worked for the NBA, adapt the "bubble" philosophy.

Each Bubble would have locker rooms for the respective teams playing in that bubble, implement the usage of BYE weeks to sanitize. Perhaps you have a bubble that no one goes to but keeps it sanitized for the playoffs?

NCJetsfan likes this.
  13. alleycat9

alleycat9 Well-Known Member

i would think the nfl would learn from what is going on in other sports. apparently they are not. i think the idea of 4 bubble locations sounds good, difficult but these are strange times. i would think that finding colleges that will not be in person would be the easiest idea, plenty of things to do on a campus, plenty of housing and plenty of fields on them. surely enough to house 400 players from 8 teams. i dont know if colleges are doing in person classes this fall so that would make it impossible if they were.

14. dawinner127

I know this is baseball and a noncontact sport but it’s good to see. Hopefully we see similar results in the NFL. If the players want to play and finish a season then they know what to do.

Seattle cut an undrafted rookie yesterday for sneaking a girl into the hotel as a player...

HomeoftheJets and Falco21 like this.
  15. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

I saw Matthew McConaughey interview Dr. Anthony Fauci today for an hour, and Dr. Fauci said he thinks the NFL can make it if they follow all the necessary precautions.

16. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

Breaking News: Yale University had a quick saliva test funded by NBA for COVID approved by FDA

No turn around time so NFL execs are excited they can test more players more frequently and gain control over this

dawinner127 and alleycat9 like this.
  17. Jonathan_Vilma

Lets see if they use it. My understanding is the cheap ass MLB used a test that was a 1-2 day wait time on results which is why the Marlins disaster happened. Note: I could be wrong on that.

18. dawinner127

Lots of false positives over the weekend from a lab in NJ. All 77 came back false negative.

Good news here.. again

FJF and NYJetsO12 like this.
  19. Jonathan_Vilma

Of course you got the water boys out there partying it up.

Six "others."

FJF and dawinner127 like this.
  20. TonyFtLaud

TonyFtLaud Well-Known Member

On average an nfl team travels with 180 people, in a bubble they will have all players including practice squad, equipment personnel, etc so minimum 200 per team. That's 1600 people per 8 teams, not 400.
    Also having multiple bubbles sounds good but as soon as a team has to travel between bubbles, isolation is broken and there is no longer a bubble.

#60 TonyFtLaud, Aug 25, 2020
    Last edited: Aug 25, 2020
    alleycat9 likes this.