23 years ago...

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Petrozza, Jul 29, 2020.

1. papapump

papapump Well-Known Member

Hats off to 20 years . Lot’s of joy & pain.

Here’s to those Jets fans that haven’t seen that trophy yet. I’m praying for all of you, and if I’m lucky maybe catch one more

Thanks to all the moderators for all your hard work.

NCJetsfan, Brook! and The Dark Knight like this.
  2. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

Happy 20 years and Congratulations, @Petrozza! Quite the accomplishment. Thank you for all you have done to keep this site up and running these 20 years. It has been a lot of fun for me and an honor to discuss the Jets with so many great fans.

I joined in 2004 during Free Agency and the hunt for John Lynch. The Jets lost out on Lynch and signed Reggie Tongue instead, which is a pretty good example of how life goes for a Jets fan!

Still, I found this site and have enjoyed being here ever since! :)

3. Sack exchange

Sack exchange Well-Known Member

Been here from beginning... even played Fantasy baseball with a group on here. Many great memories. Thanks for starting it and have enjoyed the debates. Been diehard jet fan for like over 40 yrs. I have loterally watched every jet game last 20 yrs (directv) The last 5 yrs as jet fan have been just miserable. And quite honestly hard to watch. Hope Joe D is way out. But not fan of Gase, an he helped hire Joe. Thanks again!! And hope to post some good news hongs soon!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Brook! likes this.
  4. FrontOfficeFanatic

FrontOfficeFanatic Well-Known Member

I first found the site in 2002, back when we traded up to select Dewayne Robertson! That's when DT's were a premium and you traded up for them lol, it's amazing how much has changed since those days. I wanted a place where people were just as crazy about football everyday of the year as I was--I joined as a poster a few years back.

Brook! likes this.
  5. Baumeister

Baumeister Well-Known Member

That's one hell of a run @Petrozza !!!! Here is to another 20 years and hopefully a Super Bowl or two......maybe 3?

Brook! likes this.
  6. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

Best Jets fan site. Hands down. Thanks boss for paying for everything out of your own pocket. Here’s to another 20 years!

7. Ptflea2

Ptflea2 Well-Known Member

This made my decade. For years, I'll tell anyone who'll listen DeBrickashaw is the absolute worst/best first name in the modern era of mankind.

I can only hope ESPN is doing a 30 for 30 on its ridiculous awesomeness.

Dierking likes this.
  8. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

Thanks for all you guys do; we need the different perspectives to keep ourselves honest.

If the suggestion box is open - when approaching the 24th anniversary and you again consider reopening the politics section...don't!

9. NYJalltheway

NYJalltheway Well-Known Member

Class of '04! Not many can compete with that.

#29 NYJalltheway, Jul 29, 2020
    Last edited: Jul 30, 2020
    Brook!, Cman68 and The Dark Knight like this.
  10. NYJalltheway

NYJalltheway Well-Known Member

It's depressing to me that all these political threads are overriding the actual football threads which is the ENTIRE point of the site.

It's even sadder that this thread has this low amount of comments. 20 years is a long time. Most websites don't last nearly that long. Remember AOL? That lasted around the same time. AskJeeves? Way shorter lifespan. Bing? Who knows? I've never met anyone that actually has used it.

It's quite an accomplishment, and I don't like how it's more of a side note here. It doesn't help that the actual homepage is god awful. Please Petro put the message board last 5 threads back on the main page. It's such a pain to get to where you want to go if you're not on Tapatalk. At least imo.

Anyway, that's it for now.

Now please no more 1v1 arguing. It gets tiring seeing a nice thread hijacked by Warr...I mean someone only to turn into a back, and forth who gives a you know what fight.

NCJetsfan and Brook! like this.
  11. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

I've been on here for over four years now, and that seems like such a long time. 20 years ago I was in kindergarten, didn't even know what the Jets were. I was innocent then... Anyway, TGG is a wonderful forum, and I'm grateful for it. Thank you @Petrozza!

12. Section 336

Section 336 Well-Known Member

Thanks Petro, Cman, Brook and all the mods pas5 and present.

TGG has been an almost daily fixture in my life for the last 15 years, with tons of ups and downs. In that time frame almost every major thing that impacted the team in that time frame I learned about here.
    I first discovered it in the end of Herm’s tenure, but didn’t start posting until the end of the 2006 season pumped up for a Jets playoff game against the Pats.

westiedog1, Cman68 and Brook! like this.
  13. LogeSection2RowJ

LogeSection2RowJ Well-Known Member

Happy Birthday! Thank you for remaining an internet staple for me, since as the years go by it seems I have less and less interesting websites to visit.

One more thing: F The Dolphins.

Brook! likes this.
  14. ouchy

ouchy Well-Known Member

Congrates and thanks for 20 years. I think I joined in 2006.

What I remember most about 2000 was finally accepting the Superbowl I thought we were destined for wasn't going to happen.
    Oh, and the Monday night miracle.

Brook! likes this.
  15. GasedAndConfused

GasedAndConfused Well-Known Member

congrats on 25 years. I've only been here for 5 personally. I used to post on another forum nyjetsfan.com since like 2004ish though so close to when you 1st started. the peeps were cool but the owner got frustrated with the team and left to be a dolphin fan the site got brought by one of the members who kept it going for a few years after that but traffic died and not many people around and then one day I logged in and it was just gone. no warning or nothing. Hope nothing happened to the owner

NYJalltheway likes this.
  16. ouchy

ouchy Well-Known Member

What makes me sad is we haven't made the superbowl since 8 tracks were invented.

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  17. statjeff22

statjeff22 2008 Green Guy "Most Knowledgeable" Award Winner

Not so - Ford introduced 8-track tape players to the Mustang, Thunderbird, and Lincoln lines in 1966, and home players were introduced the same year. There might have been someone here who owned one on January 12, 1969! Not I - I had a cassette deck in my car, but not an 8-track. And yes, the first auto cassette player also predated Super Bowl III, but not by much (it was introduced in the 1968 model year).

See, the Jets won the Super Bowl just yesterday!

18. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

Two Thumbs Up Petrozza!!!..

Best Jets site and happiest time sharing the joy and pain for me since September 2013

Brook! likes this.
  19. Mario

Mario Well-Known Member

Thank you for creating the site! I joined in August 2002. Sadly that's the last year the Jets won the division. Perhaps this us the year!?!

Brook! likes this.
  20. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

You mean it only seems like since railroad tracks were invented?