BREAKING: Jets Trade Jamal Adams to Seattle

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Aero, Jul 25, 2020.

1. ukjetsfan

ukjetsfan Well-Known Member

I'm not sure what he signed for eventually, but the Giants initially offered Adams $1.5 million over five years. He got nowhere near $5 million over his lacklustre career. The man played for seven seasons and didn't amass a thousand rushing yards combined. Contracts were tiny in that era by comparison with today. At the same time as Adams was negotiating his rookie deal, Phil Simms signed a five-year deal for just $3.8 million.

2. barfolomew

barfolomew Well-Known Member

I'm very happy with this trade. I think we got great value for a guy who was great but became a headache and would have cost a lot to keep.

For the two 1sts in 2021 I would go oline and reciever. What would you guys do?

NCJetsfan likes this.
  3. tubby

tubby Active Member

Majority of our premium picks (rounds 1-3) should be spent on offense. Get Darnold some help.

jetstopgun, NCJetsfan and barfolomew like this.
  4. barfolomew

Completely agree

5. jetophile

jetophile Bruce Coslet's Daughter

I bought a new toaster last week, an old fashioned 4 slot job. I had this idea. I wanted to see how many Frosted Blueberry Pop Tarts Jamal Adams could intercept with his mouth. I had it all planned out. I was gonna aim the toaster and everything, with a long, tall, ice-cold glass of milk at the ready to hand off to him to wash it all down with if he started to choke. Still no talking required if drinking. Oh, well, all my new toaster/Frosted Blueberry Pop Tart plans come to naught.

There's actually a Pop Tart Story to this from when I was a kid, hence the idea and the motivation, but it's kinda long and I have a Dr. appt. Consider yourselves lucky; but I will say that my favorite cousin texted me the day of the trade and asked if I had mailed any Pop Tarts to Jamal Adams. Talk about telephathy, I shrieked so hard I almost choked to death. Of course said cousin is part of The Pop Tart Story. He's also 11 years my senior, which makes me love him all the more for not only his participation but for being the mastermind of said Pop Tart Story when I was 6. All of my stories are true.

TwoHeadedMonster, ukjetsfan and K'OB like this.
  6. Andy_M

Andy_M Well-Known Member

Time to burn the #33 jersey and pick up a new #29. Already have the #11, I'll just take the name plate off that one :p

dawinner127 likes this.
  7. ukjetsfan

ukjetsfan Well-Known Member

I am happy with the trade as well. I would have preferred it if Adams hadn't turned out to be a giant asshat, but considering he did, and he is, I think we got incredible value.

And to answer your question, I think it obviously depends on who is available, but I would like to see offensive linemen, receivers and running backs with those first five picks next year (two first-rounders, a second-rounder and two third-rounders). Let's go all-in on an offense for our franchise quarterback. The year after, maybe we could go hunting for a top edge rusher, mayber packaging our two first rounders to move up if there's a really good prospect?

NCJetsfan likes this.
  8. Greenday4537

Greenday4537 Well-Known Member

Love how he cried like a child about having to take a 7am flight. God fodbid! 7am isn't even an early flight.

9. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

It will depend on a few factors. One, how Fant, Edoga, McGregor, Van Roten, Lewis, McGovern and Winters (if he's still on the team and starting) play this season. If the OL in general struggles all season and isn't as good in reality as it looks on paper, then OL becomes a much higher priority, especially if Sam is still running for his life and the Jets are still having a difficult time running the ball. Two, how Mims, Perriman, and the other WRs play this season. Three, if there are excellent WR and OL prospects available at those picks without reaching, or I am able to trade down if need be. If both Mims and Perriman play at a high level and are very productive, then the need at WR lessens, but Perriman will be a FA next offseason, so that has to be taken into consideration. I'd still definitely take a WR somewhere between the 1st and 3rd rounds, but it would become less of a need.

For certain, the positions I'd choose from with those two picks are WR, Edge, RT, CB, and maybe OG and/or C. If Herndon doesn't bounce back and return to his form of his rookie season, then I'd add TE to that group. I definitely would not consider taking a DL (unless he was a 4-3/3-4 hybrid edge), S, ILB, RB, P, or K. If a DT was the highest-rated player on my board at one of those picks, I'd trade down, even accepting less than I normally might, but I wouldn't take a DT under any circumstances.

ukjetsfan likes this.
  10. Doreblade

Doreblade Active Member

11. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

12. Doreblade

Doreblade Active Member

Same here, I don't follow on FB, twitter etc. so interested if there has been player feedback through various outlets?

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

13. ConcordeChops

ConcordeChops 2018 International Poster Award Winner

Physicals passed by both players.

K'OB and The Dark Knight like this.
  14. barfolomew

One of the offensive linemen, i can't remember who.

15. Trainer

Trainer Well-Known Member

Both Bell and Gore have come out publicly to dispel some of the rumors surrounding Gase and his handling of, and communicating with, the players.

Le'Veon Bell
    “OK I’ve never played for an offensive-minded coach, so I’ve talked to him more than any other coach that I’ve ever talked to in my life. So I don’t get how people get that relationship thing – it must have been a rumor before I got there. But since I got there, me and him don’t have no problems.”

Frank Gore
    “He was always real with me, man, they [The Jets] have their guy [Le’Veon Bell], but he wanted me to come in and do what I can to help the team. I respect that. One thing he has never done is tell me one thing and do the other. You know what I’m saying? I feel like that’s the way it should be. He’s always been real. I respect that.”

16. IBLEEDGREEN17

IBLEEDGREEN17 Well-Known Member

alex lewis posted support of gase on ig a few weeks back... well i guess its not necessarily support but more so trashing manish

[​IMG]

barfolomew likes this.
  17. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

I meant post trade. I thought that’s what the post was implying.

18. Trainer

Trainer Well-Known Member

Ah, I see. What I find interesting is no Jet players coming out in support of Jamal. Makes it appear that between the two, JA was the one not well liked or respected. But then again, without actually being in the locker room, we can't really know, can we?

FJF likes this.
  19. jetstopgun

jetstopgun Well-Known Member

Although if a premium pass rusher happens to slip in the draft( which never happens) have to consider that to...or cornerback

20. Longsuffering88

Longsuffering88 Well-Known Member

Side benefit Of trading the Mouth of the South team destroyer to Seattle is that maybe Antifa will burn his mansion down!!!! Lol