NFL to allow social justice decals

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by RochesterJet, Jul 21, 2020.

1. RochesterJet

RochesterJet Well-Known Member

for me its the cancel culture movement. Maybe all the middle aged men you reference will cancel the NFL, NBA and MLB.
    Lets see how these players act without the revenues

2. alleycat9

alleycat9 Well-Known Member

that already happened 3 years ago when kaepernick dared to bring politics into football, during politics being played. im sure they will be ok. nobody cares about what middle aged men think. its all about what the next generation thinks as we will be dead before you know it and wont be spending any money.

3. jetophile

jetophile Bruce Coslet's Daughter

Did Colin Kaepernick give his Nike $ back?

4. alleycat9

why would he? and what does that have to do with what he said?

5. dawinner127

dawinner127 Well-Known Member

It has everything to do with what he said? Nike clearly doesn't care about human rights (which that guy has mentioned multiple times within the thread) with the slave operation they are running over in China. Kaep, LeBron, and plenty of other outspoken athletes sure have no problem cashing that check every month when it's slave labor that is making Nike's product. Do only some human rights matter?

RochesterJet likes this.
  6. RochesterJet

RochesterJet Well-Known Member

Great point! The hypocrisy of these athletes is insane. IMO, its the liberal way of life.

7. Greenday4537

Greenday4537 Well-Known Member

As to being upfront shitty being the conservative way?

8. alleycat9

if you want to go down that rabbit hole, we would all be walking around naked and have unfurnished homes.

while i agree that the american dependence on what amounts to foreign slave labor is disgusting, in ALL aspects not just in reference to colin kaepernick. when you make it out like he is the problem thats scary.

and i apologize i dont recall his earlier comments i was talking just toward the quoted text and your response. thats my mistake.

9. alleycat9

if thats the case its the hypocrisy of ALL of us. i can guarantee you that a good portion of the things you use were made by people paid far less than a livable wage.

so dont paint it as one side or another, were ALL complicit in that bullshit in one way or another unless you live in a cabin in the woods and make everything you have from scratch.

10. dawinner127

dawinner127 Well-Known Member

All good. And yes, you are right - people would be walking around naked and have unfurnished homes, but it's absolute BS to be that outspoken for human rights and turn a blind eye about the other human right situations. Did you know Fanatics and NBA Shop banned you from creating custom jerseys that say #FreeHongKong because it will hurt the NBA financially.

How can anyone take your stance serious if you are blatantly that hypocritical?

Another example -- Stephen Jackson and Malcolm Jenkins comments in regards to DeSeans Anti-Semitic remarks about Jews. [​IMG]

11. alleycat9

i agree, what the nba did with hong kong over the past few years is silly and shows allegiance to money while not caring about human rights.

i think both of those guys are saying is that deseans comments were dumb and a distraction to things that they are trying to accomplish and to not get involved in arguments over it instead admit its stupidity and keep focused on the things that matter.

im willing to be they were more annoyed than i was that desean created a distraction and got people to go off on a tangent that really wasnt necessary and was idiotic.

their comments did not come across as empathetic and thats bad on them.