BREAKING: Jets Trade Jamal Adams to Seattle

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Aero, Jul 25, 2020.

1. JetBlue

JetBlue Well-Known Member

Best player and most productive draft pick are not necessarily high praise when on the Jets.

2. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

According to supposed insider sources, Fox Sports said late yesterday afternoon/early evening that no other team's offer was even remotely close to what the Seahawks offered, but who knows?

hornblower and themorey like this.
  3. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

Thanks Vilma. Great summary

Brook! likes this.
  4. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

Love to see Becton flatten his sorry ass as he tries to sneak rush our QB

NCJetsfan and rscherwin like this.
  5. JetsKickAss

JetsKickAss Well-Known Member

Maybe this makes up for the other Seattle team fleecing the Mets in that trade last year. LOL

6. LogeSection2RowJ

LogeSection2RowJ Well-Known Member

Mixed feelings for me. It looked like Jamaal Adams would be an all-time Jet, and the type of vocal leader we hadn't had in a long time. I was all in. Then, it seemed he was more like Odell than he was like John Lynch. I grew tired of the drama even though I still wanted him here.

We got back more than I could have expected and JD gets more ammo to construct HIS roster. All good. But, there is a part of me that also sees this as yet another Jet that slipped away from us in the realm of Riggins, Keyshawn, etc. great NFL players that should have established themselves as elite NY Jets but somehow got away.

JetBlue, Aero and donkey like this.
  7. Attackett

Attackett Well-Known Member

It’s certainly a bittersweet moment but I’d have a hard time passing on this type of deal if Jamal was the leader and face of franchise that he was cracked up to be.

The fact that he’s not anywhere near that type of presence and is just an all pro safety with history of flying off the handle when he doesn’t gets his way makes this a no brainer grand fucking slam.

8. Falco21

Falco21 Well-Known Member

He needed to go.

Douglas is looking to build a long term winning franchise. That all starts with the locker room. Baltimore proved that even more than we already knew, last year. Their locker room was completely unified with leaders.

Adams was a cancer. As good as he is, his negative traits far outweighed the positive. He was not the guy you want around young guys in this league.

I have never been so pissed to waste money on a guy's jersey.

9. JoeWalton

JoeWalton Well-Known Member

Would have been a pretty good deal if the Jets would have thrown in Gase.

rickjet likes this.
  10. Savatage

Savatage Well-Known Member

Greta job, JD! This is why I stick with my throwback jerseys.

hornblower and MoWilkBeast like this.
  11. Ptflea2

Ptflea2 Well-Known Member

And bring back Todd Bowles?

12. #28Martin

#28Martin Well-Known Member

Why can’t the cheap Jets send a message now and sign Griffey or Clowney. Even Golden.

13. rscherwin

rscherwin Well-Known Member

Wouldn't be surprised if Douglass played the Cowboys or 49ers off the Seahawks. Seahawks have to win now, and Adams could tilt the NFC balance.

14. NYJFan10

NYJFan10 Well-Known Member

What's the point of spending money this year, other than to help Darnold develop? The Jets may well have the worst roster in the league.

15. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

I dunno about the worst roster. Its certainly not the BEST roster. As usual, the Jets fall somewhere in that beige area known as the mediocre zone. They'll go only as far as their talent takes them. they're not a system dependent team as of now.

All Gas No Shake and FJF like this.
  16. rscherwin

rscherwin Well-Known Member

Agree. And JD's on it. OL has been a priority ... which protects him AND stops defenses from playing 6 in the box, giving Darnold more room. Would be nice to see another WR too.

17. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

A GREAT trade! Addition by subtraction, plus the great draft capital. I'm pleasantly shocked.

Now, all Douglas has to to is put those new draft picks together with Darnold and get Mahomes from KC, and history will be restored. :p

Seriously, Douglas is showing what a competent GM can do for a team. Now, if he could only trade Gase...

Brook! and NCJetsfan like this.
  18. Cromartie's_kid

Cromartie's_kid Well-Known Member

I don’t think golden can sign with anyone other than the giants at this point due to his having been tendered with that weird/obscure designation.

19. NYJFan10

NYJFan10 Well-Known Member

I thought it was hyperbole first when I read someone say it but honest to god I'm having trouble picking out one that's clearly worse. Maybe Carolina, maybe the Redskins, possibly Jacksonville? Lucky us everyone in the AFC East and NFC West (who we play) have better rosters this year including Miami who signed and drafted a shit ton of guys.

Cman68 likes this.
  20. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

Yep.. That's how it goes. I keep telling people that EVERY team tries to upgrade during the offseason including the Jets. No team really can afford to stand pat in a league full of injuries and FA. So, if the Jets get better, so does everyone else. Its how much better relative to the other teams in the conference that matters.