BREAKING: Jets Trade Jamal Adams to Seattle

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Aero, Jul 25, 2020.

1. twown

twown Well-Known Member

God in heaven, I've never asked you for anything, so if you could just arrange this one little thing...

2. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

I will say that compared to a lot of other teams boards I've visited, TGG really destroys the competition. Along with the fan base here. A lot of really great fans that post here.

With that being said and I won't link it because it's not necessary, Seahawk fans are a bit like wtf right now. They are mostly upset with 1) the price and 2) the fact that they have been drafting, signing and trading for safeties left and right the past couple years and dumping resources into the position.

Ever since the LOB/Marshawn fell off and left one by one that franchise has kind of been in shambles. They're lucky Russ is an absolute super star because there really hasn't been a lot of talent around him the past couple years. He's praised a lot but he's almost underrated at times.

3. footballfundamentals

footballfundamentals Well-Known Member

Didn't you t

4. chandler

chandler Well-Known Member

Query: can we now trade one of those first rounders for another receiver for this year, and maybe a second or third rounder

5. MJK

MJK Well-Known Member

They gave up a ton for Percy Harvin back in those days and paid him...good thing they drafted well in those years.

6. MaximusD163

MaximusD163 Well-Known Member

Joe Douglas in one season has now:

-Revamped the offensive line including a first round selection.

-Gotten a 3rd and 5th round pick for a defensive lineman with less than a year left on their contract.

-Widely been praised for having one of the best drafts in the league.

-Planned in advance by selecting a 3rd round Safety.

-Moved a locker room issue to another team for two 1st rounders, a 3rd rounder, and a quality replacement player.

I know the Jets may not be great this year, but the 2021 Draft Capital is 1,1,2,3,3,4,5,6,6,7 I’m pretty sure.

7. chandler

chandler Well-Known Member

a lot of somewhat mixed thoughts

first, i am not a fan of investing big in safeties. Yeah who doesn't like a great one; it's more about return on the dollar. A lot of their stats are like offense rebounds on a bad shooting team. Will be very interesting to see how he contributes to Seahawks

second, having said that, i did like Jamal's spirit until he became greedy and whiny. really difficult to empathize with a guy who will earn 50+ million. whoever advises him is an idiot; or if they said otherwise and he ignored him he's an idiot.

third, JD has chops. Clearly he knew Dallas offer was low last year.

fourth, i am sorry it came to this in one sense, but feel very deeply we'll do better with the draft capital and financial flexibility that comes with this. We can now afford DE and WR in upcoming years

8. matt robinson 17

matt robinson 17 Well-Known Member

Team cancer for all that, great trade....see how many sacks you get next year without Gregg Williams

themorey, Brook! and The Dark Knight like this.
  9. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

We got more then what the Bears got for Mack huge win.

10. MJK

MJK Well-Known Member

Nah those picks are much higher....but still a huge haul for a saftey.

matt robinson 17 and twown like this.
  11. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

In terms of value no. We got 2 picks high picks this year. Mack is also older

12. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

On Fox Sports, Bucky Brooks and Jonas Fox said that the Jets got more in return than the Raiders did for Khalil Mack.

They also said that the Jets were shopping Adams at the trade deadline rather than just listening to offers. That contradicts what Douglas said. Interesting.

I'm not sure if it's speculation or what, but they said that Seattle knew that Adams would help their secondary a lot, they believe both of those 1st round picks will be in the low 20s, and with some conferences not playing football, and others curtailing schedules, they didn't know what the 2021 draft would be like.

I think this is a win-win. Adams should help the Seahawks, and the Jets get rid of a whiny bitch malcontent (addition by subtraction), get a safety, two 1st round picks and a 3rd round pick and give up a 4th in 2022. I have to laugh because Adams isn't get a new deal from Seattle this year. SUCK IT JAMAL!!!!!

NYJetsO12 and NYGANGGREEN like this.
  13. NCJetsfan

It makes it brilliant!

14. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

15. NCJetsfan

Only "Decent?" After the shit storm he created? That's a haul, my man. That's more than the Raiders got for Khalil Mack!

NYGANGGREEN likes this.
  16. NYJFan10

NYJFan10 Well-Known Member

17. NCJetsfan

We have a REAL GM now. That's the difference!

18. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

Yeah the thing that sucks is that draft capital is going to be a bit harder to use because players will be hard to evaluate with the way the NCAA season is structured at the moment (and will likely be canceled anyway).

But it's the right move in general. The guy would've been fighting with Gase in practice like AB did and shit.

NCJetsfan likes this.
  19. Falco21

Falco21 Well-Known Member

Love this part:

"as I've always said, my job is to listen to calls and this offer was one we could not ignore"

Fuck you Adams. You pussy ass bitch!

20. NCJetsfan

That's what they were saying on Fox Sports (that we got more than the Raiders).