ESPN: Jamal Adams Requests a Trade from Jets

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by KingRoach, May 26, 2020.

?

Would you Trade Adams and a 3rd to the Browns for OBJ and their ‘21 1st

1. Yes

23.5%
  2. No

75.8%
  3. I would trade Adams for Kyle Shanahan

0.7%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. apjbfc

apjbfc Well-Known Member

Is Jamal broke? Has he messed up his inital draft day payday?

He's almost begging for someone, anyone just to pay him now.

Sent from my SM-G610Y using Tapatalk

2. GQMartin

GQMartin Go 'Cuse

It's a fair point.

But the time frame being discussed is when Douglas made the comments about working on the Adams contract months ago. So with respect to that time frame I have to stand by Douglas here.

3. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

Screw that, Adams is saying what so many people have been thinking ever since Gase got here. It's an open secret around the league that Gase sucks (see how every power ranking of coaches has Gase at or near the bottom), and Adams finally has the balls to come out and say it. Keep Adams and clean out Gase and maybe even Douglas too. Or trade Adams for picks but send Gase packing with him.

SOJAZ and Noam like this.
  4. Unhappyjetsfan

Unhappyjetsfan Well-Known Member

It doesn't take balls to criticize your boss (Gase) if your end goal is to get fired (traded to the Cowboys). However, if you attack you boss (Gase and Woody) publicly to try and weasel out of a contract that your union negotiated and you signed? That makes you an asshole.

5. HomeoftheJets

He may be an asshole, but he's also right, and I just want to see the Jets win.

6. KEEP Adams?!

You want this selfish prick dividing our locker room & occupying massive cap space for the foreseeable future? Get real.

Gase’s tenure & Adams divisive childish behavior are completely seperate entities.Jamal & his agent are the ones trying to lump them together as a mechanism of defelection

Vida likes this.
  7. HomeoftheJets

I was one of the first ones who wanted to trade Adams back when it was a really unpopular opinion to have. It's still best to trade him, but if I have to keep either him or Gase, I'd take him any day of the week. They're both pricks, but at least he's good at his job.

8. Falco21

Falco21 Well-Known Member

Jamal, you're just digging yourself deeper and deeper

The Dark Knight likes this.
  9. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

Truly, I think Jamal Adams was close with Todd Bowles. The Head Coach who won 5 games his first season, and then 4 games his second season, where Adams NEVER complained at all. Then Adam Gase shows up, wins 7 games despite complete chaos happening around him, and Adams complains non-stop and wants to be traded.

Seriously, nothing adds up with Jamal Adams. He is truly all over the place, like a hyper child.

10. HomeoftheJets

You're a terrible coach Adam.

11. Greenday4537

Greenday4537 Well-Known Member

What else are we going to talk about?

Imagesrdecieving likes this.
  12. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

Do you have any proof of everyone thinking this about Gase since he got here? Besides you and a couple posters here? Because he's been pretty supported by the locker room through their quotes.

SOJAZ and KurtTheJetsFan like this.
  13. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

I disagree. IMO a player with an attitude doesn't deserve to get to play in the NFL. Playing a sport professionally is a privilege, not a right. His attitude is a betrayal, and is hurting this team in several ways. IMO the only just thing to happen is for him to not get what he wants (play for another team).

KurtTheJetsFan likes this.
  14. Jonathan_Vilma

Tripling down on the comment, huh? Wishing bodily harm on someone that inhibit their ability to work is trashy bro.

He didn't scream death to America. He said the coach is a shitty leader and he wants to be on a different team. I thought you were a compassionate guy?

15. Dierking

Dierking Well-Known Member

You’ve made some of the most consistently worst posts I’ve ever read on this board, and by quite a large margin I might add, but this is even beyond bad by your usual low standard.

And that has nothing to do with what I think about Adams and his nonsense

BonScott likes this.
  16. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

The only player I actively root to get knocked completely unconscious is Burfict. I would be fine with whatever terrible things happened to him. Adams I would much rather have stay healthy, stink and never win a title.

17. macbk

macbk Well-Known Member

Didn't think I would want to exhaust myself on anymore Jamal saga, but here we are. Here's my take on today's Manish article:

Assuming this is all truly spoken by Jamal (which I don’t a scenario why he would lie), I see where he is coming from. Tons of back & forth from Douglas is not a good look on a new GM's part. Where it took a wrong turn for me is simply Jamal’s behavior the past few months going as public as he have. He comes off very diva-ish as opposed to the passion he constantly claims.

Good on him to call out Gase the way he did - crazy they haven’t spoke since December! However, it’s a bit too much to air out publicly IMO. What future HC of his is going to trust him not to do the same at some point?? He wants Dallas, you think Mike McCarthy is going to deal with this shit?

I really don’t think $ can solve it at this point, despite him saying he loves the fan base. Going to be awkward as all hell with him showing up to training camp as if everything is normal. I think saying "Gase is not the right leader" was the nail in the coffin, 100%. He has to be traded & the whole situation could very well end up being a huge lesson learned for Douglas as far as negotiating tact goes in the future.

18. Section 336

Section 336 Well-Known Member

Not backing Adams, he needs to keep his mouth shut, but some of the stuff he said is pretty concerning even though most of us speculated about it.

Not addressing the whole team at halftime?
    Having no relationship with players?

Not the making of a good head coach.

I do agree with him that Gase is not the coach to take us to the promised land.

SOJAZ likes this.
  19. HomeoftheJets

I said "so many people," not everyone. What specifically are you looking for? Should I post power rankings of head coaches? Link to the original thread from when Gase was hired to see what TGG's opinion of him was before the homer effect took hold? Quote at least one player on the Jets?

20. Jonathan_Vilma

I don't think anyone, including myself, think he's a great head coach or even will be. It's been more if the 'give the guy a chance,' mantra. Which is hardly the homer effect.

What I don't get is why people think there's a widespread dislike of him in the locker room and building. That conclusion is what I'm looking for evidence of.

SOJAZ, Aero and KurtTheJetsFan like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.