Woody's in Trouble

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by AtlantaJet, Jul 22, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

So if he was RESPONSIBLE, how come the justice system you guys think works perfectly didn't arrest him? Again, not even close to what David Duke MEMBER OF THE KKK did.

but like you boy Trump says, "it is what it is"

2. GasedAndConfused

GasedAndConfused Well-Known Member

actually it does. and it's against young white men. You can fire someone for being a white male under the age of 40. it's the only group in which they can be fired based on their gender, age, and race. every other group is protected. we also see affirmative action where jobs are taken away from more qualified white males to be given to females or minorities. Also in our "outcry" culture as we'll call it it's the group that tends to be attacked more then others by far. a black cop kills a black person nobody cares, a white cop does it and people loot and riot. nobody is trying to have freedom or equality. all people are doing is to take whatever group they belong to and give it an advantage and the only group that hasn't complained (white males under 40) have been pushed to the back of the fuck you line. people are too selfish to wan fairness or equality. they only want advantage and privilege. In short people suck and the government is dumb

JetsKickAss likes this.
  3. Catfish Billy

Catfish Billy Well-Known Member

Lol

Mogriffjr likes this.
  4. GasedAndConfused

GasedAndConfused Well-Known Member

whatever happened to freedom of speech. i guess it only applies when it says something you agree with.
    Do i agree with woodys comments? no but do I think he should be tarred and feathered over it? nope.

5. 101GangGreen101

they'll sign up for 9 more years as long as he doesn't lose his job now that the "narrative" is out

6. JetsAreBadForYourHealth

JetsAreBadForYourHealth Well-Known Member

This is why I tell my son, no dating anyone from work. Doesn't work out? You'll be a rapist and fired

Throwing a Halloween party? No phones. No pictures. Becky wants to be an indian? Great. Well 10 years later when Taniqua is upset that Becky shows up on time and does her job well and wants her fired, believe me she'll find the picture.

Close ranks.

No Fly Zone and JetsKickAss like this.
  7. JetsKickAss

JetsKickAss Well-Known Member

The company has been public since 1944 and around since 1886. The Johnson Family hasn't "run" the company in decades and they control only a minority of stock. There are no supervoting shares.

JNJ's actions during the 1982 Tylenol Scare are the gold standard in corporate responsibility.

Full Disclosure: I'm long the stock. :D

8. Catfish Billy

Like they did Kap?

9. Catfish Billy

Not racist at all

10. 101GangGreen101

funny you say that when my co-worker who is black was just fired the other day. maybe certain people shouldnt say things on social media that your job can find and judge you for. Recently there was news where a Black Woman cop was fired for snitching on shitty cops. keep playing that narrative!

11. JetsAreBadForYourHealth

Ah protecting yourself is now racist? Sure...fine.

12. JetsKickAss

Since 1970, I believe the KKK has killed less people than Al Sharpton.

Duke was basically a white supremacist who has never killed anybody to my knowledge, nor even marched in anti-Semitic rallies through Jewish neighborhoods (even though he does have obnoxious anti-Semitic views). Sharpton, OTOH, brazenly marched through Jewish neighborhoods stoking anti-Semitism with signs that read:
    • KILL THE JEWS
    • EXTERMINATE THE RATS
    • HITLER DIDN'T FINISH THE JOB
    • NO JUSTICE, NO PEACE (a catchall phrase that'sa useful slogan, can be used at any of Sharpton's racist marches :D )
    If they ever make a TRIVIAL PURSUIT game about Al Sharpton, I'm gonna kick ass, fellas !! :D

13. JetsAreBadForYourHealth

Kap experienced the consequences for his stupidity. But he wasn't stopped from saying what he said.

He's not owed a job. His presence would be too much trouble for a team. If he was a great QB he would remain on a roster. He was not worth it

14. Catfish Billy

Who is stopping Woody? He already said it. Any consequences for him yet?

15. 101GangGreen101

lmao did your cousin vinny make a meme on this? So let me guess you are now informed. Yet the KKK still out there harming people down south.

16. JetsAreBadForYourHealth

Said what? Any proof?

besides it was relatively benign even if he did say it. And generally words get twisted in these allegations

17. Attackett

Attackett Well-Known Member

Let me just get this straight. Woody Johnson is being investigated for racist comments and sexual misconduct and that makes you like him more??

Are you fuckin kidding me? And people wonder what is wrong with this country? There are too many people like JetsAreBadForYourHealth in this country.

18. Catfish Billy

Yes, many reports. His first statement didn't even address what was actually said. Lets say it's confirmed that he said what he said (I already know the game you're playing, and you can either respond thoughtfully or just keep playing and I'll ignore you), do you think he'll deserve consequences like Kap?

19. JetsKickAss

He defended Cuba, bashed cops, and praised a Marxist dirtbag.

Oh yeah...he sucked at QB the last few years. :D

That said, if someone wants him, go for it.

20. JetsAreBadForYourHealth

He hasn't said anything racist, or done anything racist since he owned the team. Even these alleged comments aren't racist. The sexual misconduct...what is that even? Was he having an affair? Did he assault someone? Honestly I don't even know

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.