NFL to allow social justice decals

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by RochesterJet, Jul 21, 2020.

1. RochesterJet

RochesterJet Well-Known Member

The defund/cancel culture is alive, well and very contagious. The NFL per this report has now decided to embark on a journey that will undoubtedly put them right in the middle of this politicized movement.

To me, all professional sports are entertainment. Entertainers....entertain. I didn't watch Star Wars because Han Solo supported funding cleft lip babies from Vietnam! I watched Star Wars because the story took me away from the "noise" of the real world. Entertainment is a place for people to escape, and people pay for this escape.

After hearing this and that the NFL will play two anthems before kickoff...I'm out.
    I have decided to cancel the NFL.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/29510385/source-nfl-planning-allow-social-justice-decals-helmets

2. Attackett

Attackett Well-Known Member

3. Jets_Grinch

Jets_Grinch Well-Known Member

If you didn't see political commentary in Star Wars then i'm not sure you paid very much attention.

4. Greenday4537

Greenday4537 Well-Known Member

Literally no one who "leaves" due to players being able to speak their mind will be missed.

Catfish Billy likes this.
  5. Dierking

Dierking Well-Known Member

That’ll show em

Catfish Billy likes this.
  6. RochesterJet

haha and you think anybody who stays wont have to endure politics as part of paid entertainment?

there is a difference between speaking your mind, on your employers dime, VS on your own time. The problem is, the Goodell is such a pussy. the NFL has been in a downward trend since about 2005 IMO.

Enjoy the "black anthem" whatever the fuck that is, and players supporting defunding the police....all while wanting the benefits of capitalisms....as you try and sit back a watch overpaid crybabies who are clearly part of the problem.

I still don't know what Drew Breese said that was so fucking offensive and "naïve"

Jonathan_Vilma and cval like this.
  7. RochesterJet

I clearly did and that's why I used that as an example buddie

8. JetsAreBadForYourHealth

JetsAreBadForYourHealth Well-Known Member

The NFL really needs to be taught a lesson over this, I really don't care to see my teams helmet initialed with the name of some thug who attacked a cop, got greased and now has some false narrative backstory attached to it (hands up don't shoot) seriously if they're taking this kind of stance against the police, siding with thugs, criminals, and the usual marxist burn, loot murderers (especially with the recent unjustified rioting) then the league will deserve everything that comes its way. everything. The NFL didn't even allow the Cowboys to honor the police officers killed by BLM a few years ago. But this they allow?

I just don't see the point in going to war with your fans? Look at what's happening with Bubba Smollett now and Nascar at Bristol. Booed mercilessly.

Unfortunately I'm too addicted to stop watching the Jets...but otherwise I won't give another dime to the league until it gets its head out of the gutter. Who even knew about a black national anthem. But believe me if I'm anywhere where it's played I will give it the same respect they give to our anthem. None.

#8 JetsAreBadForYourHealth, Jul 21, 2020
    Last edited: Jul 21, 2020
    RochesterJet likes this.
  9. Jets_Grinch

Yeah I don't think you understood my comment. Star Wars like a lot of "paid entertainment" is filled with political commentary and imagery. Yes I watch it to to drown out the noise of the real world but to deny that politics is ingrained in MOST forms of entertaintment is willfully ignorant.

10. Greenday4537

Greenday4537 Well-Known Member

I think people who stay don't give a crap and aren't going to cry about players having opinions on human rights.

More power to the players.

11. RochesterJet

That's so very WOKE of them to stay....

I wonder what your real stance is on human rights? Maybe they should honor the 9 of 14 people shot and killed at a funeral in Chicago yesterday? Do those innocent Black lives not matter? Black on Black crime is acceptable as is Black on white crime... now the NFL draws the line with white on Black crime? Again….so fucking WOKE

A lot of hypocrisy and suddenly, just being white means your a racist in todays culture- especially if you support all lives and not just a segment of lives. again...if you cant see the hypocrisy in that view....I don't know what to say.

I wont support any business like that with my discretionary income. Whatever you decide to do with yours is your choice.

12. Jets_Grinch

[​IMG]

nycarl, Catfish Billy and Noam like this.
  13. dawinner127

dawinner127 Well-Known Member

Would sure be nice if those players voiced their opinions on the human rights for the slave workers in China who produce the Nike product they wear every day with their teams decal...

I guess only some human rights matter?

14. RochesterJet

What a ridiculous attempt at an analogy! You're so WOKE!
    its not an EITHER OR decision to care about all lives bud.

cval and dawinner127 like this.
  15. Jets_Grinch

It matches your ridiculous All Lives Matter take perfectly. Of course ALL LIVES MATTER, no one is denying that at all. Right now it is minority communities that need support. I love how "woke" is an insult. Having empathy is such a terrible human trait. How dare I give a shit about anyone beyond myself and support a cause that does not directly benefit me. I'm such an asshole.

16. dawinner127

dawinner127 Well-Known Member

And what about the Jewish community that needed support? Some of the people who spoke loudest for BLM (Malcom Jenkins and Steven Jackson come to mind) told us that Jewish people can get their own support Or Steven Jackson BACKING DeSean Jacksons comments. They don't care about anyone else's cause because it doesn't impact them.

RochesterJet likes this.
  17. RochesterJet

You do seem to be an asshole, as you said.

You're right, minority communities do need help. They need help and it starts at home. I'm sure you're aware that 78% of all AA homes are fatherless...
    When the AA community raises the bar for themselves, that's when progress happens. We as a society have been throwing money at this problem for far too long and the results have gotten worse!

Stop Gang banging, go to school, graduate, be part of the work force and be there for your children. Stop the cycle and start a new one.
    At some point, the heavy lifting needs to be done by the "oppressed"

Unfortunately, its easier to point and blame, kick and scream. The AA community needs to set the bar higher. period!

I'm done with this conversation- Have a nice day

18. The Waterboy

The Waterboy Well-Known Member

I didn't hear this much bitching when they put little pink stickers on helmets. No one said they were done with football for having players wear pink cleats.

19. Jets_Grinch

And they are also in the wrong for that as well.

20. Jets_Grinch

Agreed education is the key. Now let's "throw some of that money" at underfunded schools instead of more armoured vehicles for a militarised police force. Let's get a few of those fathers home with prison reform. Let's build a work force where people can actually suppor themslves and a fmaily without needing a second job. And the "oppressed" are willing to do the heavy lifting, they are asking for the heavily funded "oppresor" to back off.