Should The Jets Trade For Njoku?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by boozer32, Jul 13, 2020.

1. boozer32

boozer32 Well-Known Member

The Dark Knight likes this.
  2. JetsAreBadForYourHealth

JetsAreBadForYourHealth Well-Known Member

We also have Wesco. But I like Njoku. We'd sure have glut of TE's then. Njoku is a local kid too....

Don't see it happening. Herndon/Griffin is sufficient

3. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

Just depends what the Jets would have to give up for him. They have too many holes to trade draft picks for a TE where the position is strong enough with Herndon and Griffin. I saw a suggestion was Williamson for Njoku straight up. I don't know how I would feel about that. I like Avery Williamson.

RochesterJet and boozer32 like this.
  4. boozer32

boozer32 Well-Known Member

I like Avery too but at this point, the Jets need to be addressing the offense. You got two suspect WR in Mims and Perriman a solid Crowder along with Herndon. It's time to address some offense after the decade of defensive drafts.

#4 boozer32, Jul 13, 2020
    Last edited: Jul 14, 2020
  5. Unhappyjetsfan

Unhappyjetsfan Well-Known Member

No. Never trade for somebody else's malcontent.

FJF and Burnz like this.
  6. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

It's gonna be a no from me, dawg. In Madden he's probably sick to add to a team.

I have to believe he still can't block because that was his MO out of college and he hasn't exactly added a lot of mass since then. He's like a big slow receiver who isn't really that big.

Pretty bold for a guy whose had one solid season, is still on his rookie contract and is coming off a season ending injury to demand a trade. Not really someone I'd want to add to a growing locker room nor would I want to give up a pick for him. Maybe a 6th or 7th rounder if he was a toss away.

FJF likes this.
  7. TonyFtLaud

TonyFtLaud Well-Known Member

I can see him ending up in New England

Footballgod214 likes this.
  8. MJK

MJK Well-Known Member

You have to wonder why the Browns would pay big money in free agency and also draft a TE with Njoku on the roster .....he seem like a guy you could take a flyer on trading a 5th on but nothing more.

boozer32 likes this.
  9. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

Just ask the Patriots. Idiots traded for Randy Moss.

10. MJK

MJK Well-Known Member

Yeah one of the top 2 or 3 Wrs of all time and David Njoku is basically the same thing.

11. Unhappyjetsfan

Unhappyjetsfan Well-Known Member

... and the Raiders, who traded for Antonio Brown.

12. BroadwayAaron

Well if we’re labeling Njoku a malcontent then we’re not really having a logical discussion to begin with.

boozer32 and TonyFtLaud like this.
  13. Griffin shouldnt stand in the way of upgrading the position esp a guy like Njoku who can flex same as Herndon while Griffin is more of an in line guy.

Griffin as a #3 would be pretty sweet. That’d give the Jets alot of options on gameday. Cant see the Jets doing this however. Dont think Gase values TEs quite to that extent.Thats not a knock..just think he’d prefer WR help

14. MaximusD163

MaximusD163 Well-Known Member

I would consider it as the season gets closer. Depending on how college ball looks, draft picks might be less valuable in the 2021 offseason. I’m not super hyped for Njoku in particular, but I would like to maximize draft value.

I’m not high on the idea of trading for a guy who will need a new contract after 1 season though.

15. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Well-Known Member

I expect the Browns to be a bit more run based and having Hooper, one of the best TE’s
    Blocking+Receiving in addition to Bryant who they drafted makes the TE room crowded. I think Njoku wasn’t happy last year and adding two TE’s just further pushed him to a point of wanting a trade. I’ve seen some trade proposals from a Browns website and it seems they would want a LB back in return so Williamson would be a possibility it seems (other offers have been Milano and Reddick for example)

16. TonyFtLaud

He wants a new contract now. What ever team trades for him will likely have to negotiate an extension prior to the trade.

17. TonyFtLaud

Stefanski runs alot of 2 TE sets. Hooper is guaranteed a starting spot. Njoku would have seen plenty of plays but he had the injury last year and ended up benched for the final 3 games. Started making noise about wanting an extension or trade last season. Bryant falling to them was probably too much to pass up. Hes going to need some time to adjust to the NFL but the potential is there. Knowing Njoku wasn't going to be around long term made the pick a no brainer.

MJK and Mogriffjr like this.
  18. MaximusD163

MaximusD163 Well-Known Member

He is coming off a year where he put up barely 50 yards. There is no way he is expecting a new contract. He wants to prove himself this year without being buried on the depth chart.
    https://overthecap.com/david-njoku-seeks-trade/

Aero likes this.
  19. BroadwayAaron

Yep. He's playing for negotiations next year. It's why I wouldn't mind having him on board considering how much he'd cost on the books, how much he'd cost in a trade (unless the Browns are being absurd) and the upside he brings. I just don't see it happening for many reasons.

20. jilozzo

jilozzo Well-Known Member

keep adding TE's like kotite did.