If there is a season, Jets will make the playoffs in 2020

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Brook!, Jul 9, 2020.

1. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member

I made it up (sort of). Jets had the highest # of starters on IR in the entire league (15). Bills rested 11 starters from what I saw during the game. So essentially the Bills played more starters in wk17 than the Jets, for different reasons of course.

So when ppl say "We barely beat the Bills JV team" they are correct, but we did so with our own JV team. That's all. No biggie really.

FJF, LAJet, Brook! and 1 other person like this.
  2. NYJFOREVER

NYJFOREVER Well-Known Member

3. If healthy the defense is ready to contend for playoffs. .Even w the everpresent lack of edge & question marks in secondary,they’re good enough under Williams to win games.

It’s the O that will hold the team back. As time grows closer i have less & less confidence. This OL was rebuilt to compete & gel on the practice field, practices that now arent transpiring. And im sorry,all the wishful thinking in the world doesnt change how bad the WR group is. Guys like Bell,Herndon,Griffin & Perine could certainly offset that but I dont see it.

Team simply isnt athletic or skilled enough on the boundary to be legit contenders just yet on either side of ball.They can mask it on D but the O isnt there yet by any stretch