ESPN: Jamal Adams Requests a Trade from Jets

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by KingRoach, May 26, 2020.

?

Would you Trade Adams and a 3rd to the Browns for OBJ and their ‘21 1st

1. Yes

23.5%
  2. No

75.8%
  3. I would trade Adams for Kyle Shanahan

0.7%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. egelband

egelband Well-Known Member

I like this thread. I really envy people who are legit fans of legit awesome teams. But not the Pats. Were I a Pats fan I think i would be quiet about it. But how about growing up a GB or Steelers fan? Not bad. Or a Yankees fan. I’m a Mets fan, sheeeet. No shame in being a Rangers fan but what about being an Avalanche fan. They’ve had like three bad seasons. Or how sweet would it be to be a fan of basically any basketball team other than the Knicks. Even the Cavs won a title.

Vida likes this.
  2. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

If the half the fanbase that we lose includes the OP, I'm cool with it.

jetstopgun, FJF, Jets69 and 3 others like this.
  3. Jets69

Jets69 Well-Known Member

This has got to be some morphed spawn of DWC

matt robinson 17 likes this.
  4. KWJetsFan

KWJetsFan Well-Known Member

Enough already. Please burn the troll.

5. Imagesrdecieving

Imagesrdecieving Well-Known Member

What if he gets traded for Jerry Jeudy?!?!

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

6. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

If only there was a thread on trading Jamal Adams that this thought would fit into.

MoWilkBeast likes this.
  7. ConcordeChops

ConcordeChops 2018 International Poster Award Winner

[​IMG]

Imagesrdecieving likes this.
  8. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

@Jerryjeudy

Consider this your last warning. Please stop starting threads when there’s an existing thread on topic.

K'OB and dawinner127 like this.
  9. K'OB

K'OB 2021 TGG Fantasy Football Champ

https://predominantlyorange.com/

https://www.milehighreport.com/

Consider yourself traded, well when I say traded I had to give them a 2nd round to get you out but it will be worth it in the long run.

10. alleycat9

alleycat9 Well-Known Member

i think alot of us were unlucky to be born in the mid 70s and have a period of time in the mid 80s where allegiances were formed with teams that were good at that period but fell off afterwards. the jets were a fun team to watch mid 80s, even more fun than the giants teams that were winning championships for alot of people. the mets were phenomenal during those years while the yankees were down and kids generally gravitate to good teams or teams that are fun. most areas you dont have much choice but in new york you do and well things changed pretty quickly and pretty badly for us.

im also a notre dame football fan, so its been a long hard time for me and the teams i root for winning. but 85-90 was fun for all of the teams i root for.

egelband likes this.
  11. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

Myles Garrett getting a MASSIVE deal certainly doesn't help Douglas at all...

12. themorey

themorey Well-Known Member

And Chris Jones, and Mahomes...

13. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

The Browns really hate the Steelers. That deal is crazy for is production and his actions last year.

I don't think this hurts Douglas or the Jets' negotiating though, because we have always known Jamal would get a big deal. The only questions are when? and will it be from the Jets?

14. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

Jones doesn't hurt because he's not a third year guy. But now you have Mahomes, CMC, Garrett... there's precedent set. Douglas no longer has the argument that third year guys rarely get extensions. Now there's three in one offseason and one of them has played less than 40 NFL games, partially because he beat the shit out of someone with his helmet.

The Dark Knight and Aero like this.
  15. joe

joe Well-Known Member

I could see you and three of your friends on an upside-down bars
    . . Good news: .you've been traded. . Bye.

. . https://www.milehighreport.com

16. Aero

Aero Well-Known Member

On top of all that, the excuses of the pandemic and resulting uncertainty regarding 2021 cap are also fading away. I don't mean to imply that Douglas should completely ignore them, but if other teams are negotiating these big time contracts, there's no reason the Jets shouldn't be able to if they're motivated to make Jamal a Jet for life.

17. GasedAndConfused

GasedAndConfused Well-Known Member

fair enough but CMC is probably the best comparison since RB and S have similar values to where QBs and rushers have a higher positional value contract wise. I know CMC and mahomes got 0 new money for the remainder of the rookie deals is adams going to be ok with that as well? it means no new money for 2020 or 2021 outside of the signing bonus. his salary also averages out to about 10 mil a year over the 4 added years (not including the 21 mil bonus). If adams is willing to take the same deal CMC got then i'd say go for it. but in no way should he gte paid like mahomes or garrett

18. CotcheryFan

CotcheryFan 2018 ROTY Poster Award Winner

Jamal's antics on social media have left a bad taste in my mouth. If he gets paid, will he ask for more money when a safety surpasses his new contract? I'm not sure he won't. This is in addition to him going after Douglas last October for listening to trade offers. For someone who considers himself a leader, that's not the type of behavior one would expect from him.

19. Quinnenthebeast

Quinnenthebeast Well-Known Member

My hope is Joe Douglas isn’t caving because he is trying to change the perception that the Jets aren’t a place to get paid big money and then quit trying hard. Players like Trumaine Johnson, Mo Wilkerson, Santonio Holmes all come to mind when I think of players who instantly declined dramatically when they got their contracts. I think the biggest issue they have is they need to put together successful season which hasn’t happened for a decade.

20. alleycat9

alleycat9 Well-Known Member

what antics and what does that have to do with him playing football? i literally follow the guy on twitter and havent seen anything in the past few months that i would consider antics.

and besides have you seen the fucking antics that supposed jets fans pull all over his twitter posts?

im so tired of fans bitching about guys twitter accounts or the way they drive or what they do at home. probably the same guys that say juice them up with steroids i want to see good football i dont care about them as humans.

TonyFtLaud and Aero like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.