Mims speaks out about City of Philly

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by semperfigreen, Jul 8, 2020.

1. jetophile

jetophile Bruce Coslet's Daughter

"Dirty ass, trash ass city." I don't know about anyone else, but I thought it was pretty funny. Besides, I don't think the Jets play the Eagles until 2023 so by that time it probably won't be as embarrassing if they kill us. I mean, it's not as if Spike Lee harassed Scottie Pippen. We all know how that turned out.

joe, NYJFOREVER and alleycat9 like this.
  2. JetsAreBadForYourHealth

JetsAreBadForYourHealth Well-Known Member

Don't like comments like these. Reeks of immaturity.

3. Greenday4537

Greenday4537 Well-Known Member

Most fans of Philly sports teams can only name like one player on the team, if that, unless they suddenly have a Super Bowl contending team for once. Haven't heard a peep from Phillies fans since 2009.

4. jetophile

Dirty ass, trash ass post. I'm kidding. You're right, of course; but it wasn't like he pulled a racist John Rocker. Haha, I forgot all about that POS.

Speaking of which, I'm curious to know what would have happened (even though what Mims said had absolutely nothing racist behind it) if Mims was anything but black. BLM would have called him the next Riley Cooper, don't buy his jersey, doxx his entire family, blah blah blah. I would say that's a definite.

Let's hope Mims says something about Newark, NJ. Someone has to say it. Clean that shit up. Not that NYC isn't turning back into the cesspool of old.

5. alleycat9

alleycat9 Well-Known Member

hes 22, he said it while playing a video game if i remember correctly.

im sure we have both said worse.

6. alleycat9

alleycat9 Well-Known Member

thats quite a tangent. so you are saying if he were not white he would have been called out for saying it? what a horrible take. a definite.

7. twown

twown Well-Known Member

And that's the end of that boring thread. What else we got?

alleycat9 likes this.
  8. JetsAreBadForYourHealth

JetsAreBadForYourHealth Well-Known Member

oh yea definitely. I've said much worse.

alleycat9 likes this.
  9. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member

JD needs to play this for Jamal and say "Welcome to your new home if you don't shut up!"

Jonathan_Vilma likes this.
  10. Linebacker712

Linebacker712 Well-Known Member

Between Philly and NY, I'll take Philly just about any day. I lived about 45 mins north of Philly for 5 years and made frequent trips into the city, both for work and fun. Philly is unique; it's definitely got a rougher feel to it than NYC; plus, NY's public transportation blows Philly's out of the water (SEPTA sucks a big fat wort covered cock). Philly isn't stuffed to the brim with everything you could imagine on every block like New York; things are more spread out. It's less cosmopolitan and more down to Earth.

I'll admit, I wasn't blown away by Philly when first visited. My first impression was that it wasn't the citywide war zone I was warned about, but it seemed a bit boring. But the more I went there, and the more I learned my way around and discovered all the cool stuff, the more I loved it.

I also love that they're such a sports city. From my experience in NYC, if you walk down 5th Ave, maybe 1 in 10 people will do anything except give you an annoyed look if you say "Go Jets!" In Philly, "Go Birds!" is the standard greeting instead of "Hello."

Attackett and alleycat9 like this.
  11. BudJet

BudJet Well-Known Member

12. BudJet

BudJet Well-Known Member

If Philly is so great & you live near the city, why aren't you a Eagles fan? It seems to me most, not all, people support the team in their city of choice. I wouldn't be a Jets fan if I lived in Seattle.

13. Linebacker712

Linebacker712 Well-Known Member

I didn't grow up in the Philly area and I don't live there now. I grew up in Patriots country in northeast CT, but my dad is from southern CT and is a Giants fan, and my mom is from Pittsburgh and so she's a Steelers fan. I decided that I was a Jets fan when I was about 6 years old using the logic of a 6 year old: I liked fighter planes and the color green. And ever since then, that's been my team :D.

14. BudJet

BudJet Well-Known Member

You're A true Jets fan....I have been a Jet fan since I was 10, 1965. Thanks for your story:)

15. jetophile

I've been to Philadelphia 4 times, once to see a show at the Philadelphia Museum of Fine Art (Arshille Gorky Retrospective) in January 2010.

It was a Friday night, and it was so cold I felt like I had a steel plate in my forehead. Anyway, I walked a good 1.5 miles down whatever the hell the name of that long stretch of sidewalk is straight to the museum alone and in the dark, around 9:30 p.m. The show was closing so it was opened from 9 p.m. to 12 a.m. or something weird like with some private party and piano music going on.

It wasn't really very well-lit, either, but I walked like I belonged there and I didn't get rolled. I passed a Lincoln statue that's probably trashed now. I was told after the fact that they couldn't believe I didn't get rolled. I walked back, too. I was staying at the Hotel Kimpton Palomar, some kind of shit like that. I might be saying the name of the place in reverse order but my memory is scary good.

The other 3 times was for the Philadelphia Marathon and one time we stayed in the Best Western there (near the Rodin Museum) before it closed down for good and got demolished. What a shithole. Do not recommend; but I really can't recommend it, because it's not there anymore, haha. I did catch some of the Jets game in the nasty bar there before we went home after one of the races.

I winged it and got lucky on food on one occasion and took a shot at Osteria on N. Broad Street another time (it was great). Also walked there at night, was also told I should not have done that. Oh, and I wrote something rude in the guest book at the Rodin Museum: "Rodin was a plagiarist. Camille Claudel was robbed." So that's my Philadelphia Story.

Linebacker712 likes this.
  16. Attackett

Attackett Well-Known Member

There is absolutely no issue walking around by the art museum at night. North Broad St could be an issue depending on how far up you go.

17. jetophile

'By the art museum" it's a bit different than walking TO the art museum. 10 years ago it wasn't the worst but not the greatest, either. Some dark and poorly lit areas much as I said, I did my city girl trick and walked smack in the middle of the sidewalk so you had a good chance of bolting the other way if you got pulled from one direction or the other. I've "jumped into traffic" in my time, lol.

A city is a city is a city, you just have to be smart is all and you always assume a certain degree of risk. I'm talking about domestic cities, of course; but everything has turned into a giant cesspool since slashing the po po so exactly what risk a lot of people are willing to assume right now is up for debate. That excludes cities and areas within cities that have been notoriously rough for years. Go walk in Newark at night and see if you can take an aspirin and call your doctor in the morning.

EDIT: Forever a victim of autocorrect.

#37 jetophile, Jul 21, 2020
    Last edited: Jul 21, 2020
  18. HotSauce

HotSauce Member

Wait until he gets into Penn Station. "Why does most of this place smell like a urinal?"