If there is a season, Jets will make the playoffs in 2020

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Brook!, Jul 9, 2020.

1. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

- D will be solid.

- We finally have an avg O Line.

- Darnold has one more year under his belt.

- Hopefully less injuries this time.

- Gase now has a GM who knows football.

- 7 play off teams this year instead of 6.

Yep. We are doing it folks. And I am not drunk. What the heck?

2. sozopol

sozopol Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

3. Brook!

4. GREG

GREG Well-Known Member

Pats and Bills will finish ahead of the Jets in the division alone not counting the other AFC teams. My guess is no playoffs.

5. sozopol

sozopol Well-Known Member

Wow congrats! That's amazing. You got rid of almost a third of your body weight. How tall are you?

Football season must be especially challenging...

On topic: I'm not getting my hopes up for postseason this year. I would love to be wrong but I don't see it. Still too many holes, lack of depth, new OL needs to gel, tough schedule.... I'd be overjoyed with 8-8 and improved, solid play in all phases. And hey, maybe 8-8 gets us to the playoffs this year...

Brook! likes this.
  6. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

Brook! likes this.
  7. Ptflea2

Ptflea2 Well-Known Member

Easiest way to the playoffs is to win your division. Let's take a look:

Buffalo: I think we are a year behind what the Bills did with Allen. They fortified his Oline last year and gave him a few better weapons and this year gave him Diggs. Add that there D is still one of the best (especially in the secondary) and they have the most continuity between Coach, OC, QB, Oline and the largest % of starters coming back, I feel they are the favorites to win the division.

Miami: They certainly upgraded their roster, but did it the quick fix way we've seen fail so many times in the long term. I'm hoping they are a year behind us. But who knows? God, we looked terrible both times against them last year. Also, is Tua the real deal?

New England: When was the last time we beat them? Was it the overtime win in 2015 at home? Jesus. Not only have we not beaten them in 5 seasons, it hasn't even been close. Yeah, Tommy might be gone, but that D we cant move the ball on is still thriving. Please Jets prove me wrong and make one fucking close at least.

Even the most optimistic side on my fandom has a hard time seeing us get to 3 - 3 within our division.

Sorry @Brook! no playoffs for the 10th year in a row :(

#7 Ptflea2, Jul 10, 2020
    Last edited: Jul 10, 2020
    CotcheryFan likes this.
  8. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

I think we have a shot to be in the hunt. We have to beat the teams we should beat and steal a game or two from teams we shouldn't beat.

NYJetsO12, MoWilkBeast and themorey like this.
  9. twown

twown Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Peeps itt have never seen Sam enjoy a two-second pocket.

Brook! likes this.
  10. Brook!

hey sozo. I am 5-10. Not that tall.
    Not that quickly. I started the thread back in 2018 but my weight loss started late 2019 after a minor heart problem. I said its time and cut off breakfast entirely, did intermittent fasting eating only between 12 pm and 7 pm and reducing alcohol big time. Nowadays I do drink once a night and my limit is mostly a 6 pack beer.

MaximusD163 and sozopol like this.
  11. Brook!

That's the key my friend. 2 second pocket. Give Sam a 3 second pocket and see what he can do. I am hopeful. It is going to be our year.

Footballgod214 and twown like this.
  12. MexicanJet

MexicanJet Well-Known Member

Not with Adam Gase. Sorry.

We could score on every opening drive and still lose, and be embarrassed. Kinda like last year.

The defense may carry this team.

13. azhar80

azhar80 Well-Known Member

I know people are hyped abt Buffalo. But we shouldve beaten them 2x last year. Remember we havent seen our team with a healthy defense and a decent Oline.

This team is a sleeper/dark horse team. The Jets have the makeup of a playoff team that is going to be built to sustain. This GM definitely knows what he is doing by rebuilding the Oline, and bringing speed and athleticism to the team. The team will consist of key players vs a 1 man team, that has a superstar and then a bunch of question marks.

NYJetsO12 and Brook! like this.
  14. Brook!

Post more chief. Jets will be the sleeper/dark horse in the upcoming season. We will make the play offs if the injury bug doesn't hit us again.

azhar80 likes this.
  15. themorey

themorey Well-Known Member

@Brook! I love the enthusiasm. I think the Jets could make the playoffs in 20-21 but the odds are against it.

16. GREG

GREG Well-Known Member

They should have beaten them week 1 blowing a big lead late in the game. If the Jets win that game then the Bills need to win in the finale to clinch a playoff spot. I don't know if the Jets win in Buffalo if the Bills play their starters. That was a glorified preseason game for them as they had already clinched the WC as the #5 seed.

azhar80 likes this.
  17. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member

Why would we have lost the last game if Buff had their starters when the first game our starters were literally destroying their starters? Jet's did not have a full team AT ALL in 2019. Injury bug aside, 2020 we sweep the Bills AND Fish. We lose the first to Cam and the Cheaters, but Cam will be on IR when we play them the 2nd time.

Jets 5-1 AFCE. Book it!

18. CotcheryFan

CotcheryFan 2018 ROTY Poster Award Winner

I want to believe, but there are some major issues to deal with. Too many unproven WR's, an OL that needs to build cohesion, CB group that is largely unproven, a meh at best pass rush, a disgruntled SS, etc...

Ptflea2 likes this.
  19. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

Way to go Brooks. I feel the whole season is a crap shoot for reasons beyond team’s strength and weaknesses. Hard to tell who will rise and fall within the division and outside the division. On paper Buffalo and NE are still better, but I feel we will Be far more competitive and much improved. Empty stadiums will take away any edge. Our D has the makings of a topnotch squad. Depends how much improved our O is for both the run and pass. My gut is 9-7 with thrills galore.......if there is a season to enjoy.

20. Brook!

Believe my friend. We will be the surprise team this year. I wish I had more trust in Gase but I will take Peyton's word for it. Combine it with Sam's football smarts I think this year we will be different. I fully expect to be competitive in every game even though our schedule is brutal. If things break right for us in those competitive games I see a play off Jets team and who knows what happens during play offs.