Would you have made THE TRADE?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by KingRoach, Jul 5, 2020.

?

Trade?

1. Yes

8 vote(s)
    26.7%
  2. No

22 vote(s)
    73.3%
  1. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

The line should be much improved so hopefully he wont die.

Jonathan_Vilma likes this.
  2. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

I definitely understand the frustration and I share it to an extent. I don't think drafting a QB was the worst move though if they really think he's talented enough. I also think it was a keep-away situation from the Patriots.

I don't know where the move should've been made but I'm with you in agreeing that we should've added one more wide out somewhere in there. I like Perine a lot but I don't think he has anything more than Powell upside. That's where I would've added one.

Thing is - everyone's bet against Perine his entire HS and college career. Hopefully he proves us all wrong.

3. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

I feel good about where the line is at for now but I don't think he's at the point yet where he's going to make chicken salad out of chicken shit. We have a competent group of skill position players, average at best, and I don't think Sam can make then above average. Yet. No doubt in my mind he will at some point throughout the course of this season.

I actually liked Perine pre-draft but I didn't think he'd be a fourth rounder. I have no issues taking him though and if we had taken AGG over Morgan I would have been ecstatic with the way the 2nd-4th rounds played out. I just really think we missed the boat big time and the payoff is so unbelievably small.

4. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

I've come to the conclusion that either JD didn't like any of the WRs left or think they were the types of players/character he was looking for, or he wanted to address as many positions as possible, or he really liked Morgan and Perine better than any of the WRs left including AGG.

#64 NCJetsfan, Jul 7, 2020
    Last edited: Jul 8, 2020
    LAJet likes this.
  5. WarriorRB28

WarriorRB28 Well-Known Member

No brainer yes.

They drafted a supposed franchise QB in 2018 why not give him the best possible chance to be the best player he can be?

*sigh*

This offense should've been in so much better shape than it is now. Soooo many missed opportunities this offseason.

KurtTheJetsFan likes this.
  6. TonyFtLaud

TonyFtLaud Well-Known Member

You are way off on your assessment of the trade value.
    Johnson was a salary dump, has not produced anything in 3 years and is due over $13 mill. His equal value would be Enunwa. Cards would have to give at least a third to get a team to take his salary cap hit.
    Mims, who is Raw and never set foot on an NFL field straight up for Hopkins, the best WR in the league, with 3 years remaining on his contract,in his prime.
    We still draft both Clark and Morgan, plus have the 8th pick in the 4th round, which was higher than either was picked. In exchange for a 4th round pick next year.

7. Jonathan_Vilma

It really wasn't much of a salary dump though. After this year he's cuttable for only a $2.1 million dead cap hit.

It was just opportunistic for them to get rid of him for one of the NFL's best receivers. It's still a mind-blowing trade for Hopkins and makes no sense.

8. TonyFtLaud

TonyFtLaud Well-Known Member

It's still totals over $13 Mill for a reserve running back.
    It really was a fleecing that's why I'm shocked how adamant so many here are that they dont make the trade.

9. KingRoach

KingRoach Well-Known Member

So the once great running back who hasn’t produced in years and has a heavy cap hit ISN’T a good comp for Johnson? Lol. Ok dude. I can’t.

Mims was drafted with the Jets 2nd rd pick.... it wasn’t a talent comp, it was a draft pick comp. You lose the 2 4ths bc we got them from trading back. I took 1 4th back from Houston in the trade....

10. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

Plaxico Burress has entered the chat.

TonyFtLaud likes this.
  11. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

LOL

12. Jonathan_Vilma

We really fucked up. Hopkins is a 98 in Madden. I don't think we've had anywhere near that in Madden since Mangold and/or Revis.

TonyFtLaud likes this.