Markus Golden Anyone?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by GasedAndConfused, Jul 1, 2020.

1. GasedAndConfused

GasedAndConfused Well-Known Member

Not sure why this guy isn't signed yet TBH while everyone clamors over clowney but we have a big need at OLB. jenkins is on a 1 year deal back we drafted zuniga but he's a raw rookie and the rest of the group are JAGs. Golden had 10 sacks for the giants last year and was pretty solid. another non flashy jenkins type of player who gets the job done but isn't elite. Blue color guy. good character. The giants tagged him so if no team signs him before july 22nd he defaults back to them on 1 year 4.125 mil deal. We could grab him for 1 year 5 mil no long term commitment and he would start alongside jenkins and be a big upgrade over what we have already. that would give us a starting LBer group of golden, mosely, williamson, jenkins. not bad at all. and we could get a comp pick for him after this year depending on how things play out

The Dark Knight and K'OB like this.
  2. NOVAJET

NOVAJET "2020 TGG Fantasy Football Champ"

Not sure wtf is going on there as well. He's better than what we have and it seems like he would jump at any offer to not get sucked back into the giants for 4mill. Thought maybe he was asking too much but can't see that being the case at this point.

3. MaximusD163

MaximusD163 Well-Known Member

Guys who held out hope for a better offer are likely kicking themselves now. Teams are not interested in paying any veterans who command more than a rookie level contract because of salary cap uncertainty.

4. K'OB

K'OB 2021 TGG Fantasy Football Champ

If we sacked off Winters that would pay for a player in an area we are in desperate need for.

I thought he must have been asking too much for nothing to have happened the same with Clowney but we know he definitely was asking for too much, I would take Golden for 6m if that's what it took tbh and the rookie Zuniga can have somebody to learn off and get some match time in as well.

#4 K'OB, Jul 2, 2020
    Last edited: Jul 3, 2020
  5. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

Sign me up.

The Dark Knight likes this.
  6. James Hasty

James Hasty Well-Known Member

I second that.

Brook! likes this.
  7. GasedAndConfused

GasedAndConfused Well-Known Member

I'm not sure what he's asking for. but he has 2 weeks to get a deal or he goes back to the giants for 1 year 4 mil. Smart move by gettleman. that means golden doens't have much time and we could give him a little more then that. plus he wouldn't have to relocate or anything either since we play in the same stadium.

8. K'OB

K'OB 2021 TGG Fantasy Football Champ

Yes, the Jets would be an easy option for him at 5m, 1m more and stay in the same house but is JD interested in him, hell, is anybody interested in him?

Currently, you have to think not.

9. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

He looked way better and faster than he's ever looked since busting out of college last year. Always worrisome on a one year contract guy.

But yeah I'd sign him for sure. If Cam gets the league minimum you wouldn't think this dude would fetch a lot of money.

We haven't kicked the tires enough on pass rushers like this. It worked out for the Buccaneers with Shaq Barrett.