Jets giving their season ticket holders a pass for 2020

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by GREG, Jun 30, 2020.

1. zace

zace Well-Known Member

I'm leaning towards skipping 2020. I'm still not ready to be around crowds of people yet.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

westiedog1 and Brook! like this.
  2. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

Pretty sure our group is skipping this season. Way too much unknown plus way too many idiots out there. i’m perfectly fine watching us run draws on third and 4 from my couch.

zace and Brook! like this.
  3. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

Jets are doing the right thing here. Even if there is a season I don't think fans will be allowed.

4. Falco21

Falco21 Well-Known Member

This is contingent on there being a 2020 season.

Gonna be interesting to see players want to put their health at risk and the health of their loved ones.

Hell, you are already seeing baseball players come out saying they are not playing in the 2020 season and that's not even a contact sport

zace likes this.
  5. BroadwayAaron

I don’t think football is going to see a ton of players refusing to play. Maybe some of the absolute upper echelon guys but NFL contracts aren’t big enough or secure enough for players 15-53 on the roster to just say eh, no thanks. A lot will depend on how the NBA goes. That’s as close to contact as you can get.

6. Falco21

For one, the NBA is already starting to see impacts before they even begin. Players are testing positive and are ruled out to begin that new phase.

Also, that is a complete lock-down of players and the outside world. They will be in a "bubble" for the remainder of the season and the playoffs. You would have to create something similar for every NFL team, which again, I do not see as likely.

There is also one HUGE question that has no answer: how do you test regularly with immediate results? Most of these players who contract the virus will be asymptomatic.

Example: In week 5, if six people on one team test positive on Wednesday and five people test positive on another team on Wednesday and they are due to play each other on Sunday, even with a 48 or 72 hour time period to get negative results, you will have 10 players not able to play on Sunday.

Also, even if those players got their tests on Monday, they will need to quarantine until the test comes back negative and will miss much needed time during the week to prepare for the next game on Sunday.

It's a cluster fuck

7. BroadwayAaron

My point was never that it’s not going to be extremely difficult to pull off the season, I’m saying I don’t think you’re going to see players pulling out like you have with baseball.

8. Falco21

That example was an example brought up by the players association. That is a huge concern for them paired with the extreme contact in the sport. The players are wanting answers prior to committing to a season.

I would not be shocked, at all, if players sit out the season if there is still uncertainty.

9. GreenFan15J

GreenFan15J Well-Known Member

I paid for the season in February.
    If Jet fans have nothing else they do have hope in unlimited amounts.
    I have hope some kind of season is squeezed out of this lockdown shit show.
    3 or 4 games in the stadium, not sitting in my seat, meh...at least its football in the stadium.
    We shall see...

Brook! likes this.
  10. Falco21

I am really hoping for a season, but I can not see a path towards that.

Every Sunday is like a holiday for us. Me, my wife, and my daughter head over to my parents house. My buddy and other family head over as well. Every week we alternate who is in charge of the food for the day and we sit outside at the bar watching NFL Sunday Ticket. It is a weekly event that has me smiling every Sunday morning.

It would really suck to lose that this season. Even with shitty Jets seasons, it's great food, great time with the family, and great for our 2 year old daughter to spend time with her grandparents.

Footballgod214 and Brook! like this.
  11. LogeSection2RowJ

LogeSection2RowJ Well-Known Member

Anyone skipping the entire decade?

Ralebird, Brook! and jetophile like this.
  12. jetophile

jetophile Bruce Coslet's Daughter

lol

You know we finally get our QB and of course after Sam gets Mono it's like that movie 'Contagion' so more situational stunting of his development. I'm not making light of a life-and-death situation, but you just cannot make this shit up. Jets gonna Jet even in the infectious disease department. o_O

Anyway, I said it in the Jets Experience Forum that PSL holders and STHs holders should demand a refund. The Jets will pony up even before we get the announcement that we all know is coming.

Why should Woody the Rube/Cheapskate live off the interest on your money? Pay up again when you have to. If there is a season, there won't be any asses in any seats in any Stadium including The New Dump.

13. championjets69

championjets69 2008/2009 TGG Darksider Award Winner

Know money back if the passt is a beacon of what toaays hold 2021 aa credit :mad:

14. LogeSection2RowJ

LogeSection2RowJ Well-Known Member

But of course the Giants made the offer to their fans first several days ago, leaving the impression that Woody and Crew possibly were embarrassed into doing it.

15. jetophile

jetophile Bruce Coslet's Daughter

The biggest farce about The New Dump is that the Giants charged a 1K PSL in the UD. A PSL is a requirement for both teams in order to retain transfer rights, which I think is bullshit in the first place, but let me continue with the farce.

The Giants charged 1K PSL per seat in the UD and PSLs in Sections 139 & 239 were 12.5K per seat. Woody the Rube, in contrast said, "I care about the fans! Therefore, no PSLs required in the UpperDeck!" What he left out was that he was raping those STHs out of transfer rights if you couldn't twist their arms into a PSL elsewhere, and PSLs in Sections 139 & 239 were 25K per seat.

At the end of the day, the ONLY difference between a PSL and a non-PSL seat is transfer riights AND THAT'S IT. Legal Ponzi Scheme.

16. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member

PSls are a special tax on stupid people