ESPN: Jamal Adams Requests a Trade from Jets

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by KingRoach, May 26, 2020.

?

Would you Trade Adams and a 3rd to the Browns for OBJ and their ‘21 1st

1. Yes

23.5%
  2. No

75.8%
  3. I would trade Adams for Kyle Shanahan

0.7%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

We get it. Adams makes more money than you do and it pisses you off that he wants more. The fact that you took my comparison of his career longevity to that of anybody in a more regular line of work seriously, and still do, is a sign of just how much this bugs you. The fact remains that his NFL career is limited and if he can get more money for himself why should it piss so many people here off. It's not your money!

You probably have a brain - why not allow it to work? Broaden your mind, man - it's not about you, what "we" want is not part of the negotiation process, it's about Adams using what's available to him to get what he wants. There is no "we," what makes you think you speak for most people? You're entitled to think he's doing it the wrong way but your say doesn't matter to him or the New York Jets.

2. Ralebird

Forgive those of us who can't find a tear to shed for the poor NFL owners who will be losing some money this year seeing as how generous they've all been in the past when the money was pouring in like water over Niagara Falls.

3. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

Who is asking you to shed tears for the owners? I'm not talking about the money in their pockets. That's not even relevant here. I'm talking about committing massive money to one player's contract when you have no idea what the salary cap is going to look like a year after the league/teams loses millions and potentially billions.

4. WarriorRB28

WarriorRB28 Well-Known Member

In this case I don't agree.

The Jets have to be very careful here of not reaching a point of no return with Adams. They must be diplomatic and about action mending their relationship with him.

As I said before the Jets need Adams more than he needs them. Certain players need to find a sucker to break the bank.

Adams is good and he knows it, he doesn't need the Jets to get paid what he seeks he'll get it wherever he goes.

5. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

What an odd take. That is not how the NFL works. You don't just get to say "Hey, any team would sign me, so I am leaving despite being under contract for multiple years." And the Jets have done nothing wrong from Day 1. I believe they really were about to negotiate with Adams and then a PANDEMIC happened, which we are still currently in.

RochesterJet, FJF, NCJetsfan and 2 others like this.
  6. azhar80

azhar80 Well-Known Member

Adam's is a tricky player to go all in on. Hes played good but his potential is great. Do you as a GM pay him top $ for potential. If you feel like hes the best safety/game changing/healthy you sign him

The other problem I have is if we give him a 4/5 year contract, who says he will not do this all over again? Do you as a GM sign him and have this replay again in 3 years? Then surely you'd have to rather trade him avoid the headache, and recoupe some draft picks.

7. Ralebird

I'm telling you your repeated comments about the NFL losing billions are falling on deaf ears. I could not care less. Nor do I care what the salary cap looks like. There are two sides to a negotiation - Adams is working his side as he sees fit and the Jets should be doing the same. I don't give the slightest crap how it comes out - why should I? It has absolutely no effect whatsoever on my life.

8. MJK

MJK Well-Known Member

Seek mental help....I mean that sincerely

joe and FJF like this.
  9. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

The point soared over your head. Nevermind.

NYJFOREVER and FJF like this.
  10. MJK

MJK Well-Known Member

You are the only one who seems emotionally invested in who wins a battle over money multi millionaires or billionaires ...the rest of the normal people are worried about whether paying a saftey 20 mil 2 years early is the proper way to build a winning team long term.

FJF, dawinner127 and KurtTheJetsFan like this.
  11. MaximusD163

MaximusD163 Well-Known Member

This can’t be accurate. I’ve never been in the military but those numbers don’t add up? Is that on top of a base monthly salary?

12. TwoHeadedMonster

TwoHeadedMonster Well-Known Member

Yes, that's on top of base salary. That means that if you're in a really bad part of the war, you get an extra $5,580 per year!

13. Passepartout

Passepartout Active Member

Yeah as really Jamal is no shrinking violet of wanting to leave the Jets. Wonder if it has to do with Adam Gase as heard he is a difficult person much less a coach!

14. Ralebird

Put your fake sincerity where the sun does not shine.

Should I tell you to seek mental help for you and your whole family because you are so engrossed in the financial aspects of the life of someone you'll likely never even meet?

Oh yeah, neither Jamal Adams nor the New York Jets care about what you think either.

15. Ralebird

Check your point, I think it's stuck in your head.

16. Ralebird

I am the polar opposite of emotionally invested in any of this - that's the point. Why should anyone who claims to be normal be worried about how much a football team pays a football player? There is nothing normal about that. The world gives us plenty of real reasons to be worried; this is not one of them.

17. alleycat9

alleycat9 Well-Known Member

many of them dont. i have a good friend who spent plenty of time in the middle east on a boat enjoying
    why would i care that 90% of the forum is against me? the only reason i would care is to try and get them to understand these guys are assholes or cowards as was posted because they dont want to play for our favorite team. or they want more money from that team. its fucking bananas seeing people lose their shit about a player wanting to make more money.

like youre really mad about it.

BrowningNagle likes this.
  18. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

Guys. I love the passion but easy with the insults, eh? ;)

stinkyB and alleycat9 like this.
  19. jonnyd

jonnyd 2007 TGG.com Funniest Poster Award Winner

hahahaha dude, that was great. Im reading your post, minding my business and then I get to the cock and balls...and because Im 48 going on 7, I laugh out loud like a moron. just wanted to share
    no homo

Dierking, Brook! and K'OB like this.
  20. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

I get your point man, and the poster you responded to is way too emotional. Its just hard for me to go there with Adams, the guy hasn't won a damn thing in this league. When the Jets haven't had a winning season in 10 years and a player demands to be moved, its like bye Felicia.

Brook! and alleycat9 like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.