ESPN: Jamal Adams Requests a Trade from Jets

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by KingRoach, May 26, 2020.

?

Would you Trade Adams and a 3rd to the Browns for OBJ and their ‘21 1st

1. Yes

23.5%
  2. No

75.8%
  3. I would trade Adams for Kyle Shanahan

0.7%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. alleycat9

alleycat9 Well-Known Member

so you agree that he will get fined if he does not fulfill the contract but the team will not other than dead money on the salary cap?

Do you agree with that statement?

you know what happens in baseball?

2. The Waterboy

The Waterboy Well-Known Member

And is all agreed to by the NFLPA. It does not matter what happens in other sports.

He signed the contract laying out how much he would be paid over the first 4-5 seasons. If he was not happy with what was offered he had the choice to not sign and go take a job at the Piggly Wiggly.

SOJAZ, KurtTheJetsFan and FJF like this.
  3. K'OB

K'OB 2021 TGG Fantasy Football Champ

I was loving the small i and then THE REST lol

4. K'OB

What are you rambling on about now, we are talking about a player wanting more money and you're arguing the toss in his defence and then claiming they didn't get guarantees and now it is fines on his contract?

If he does something wrong and the punishment is a fine then that is okay by me, he will have earned enough to pay it off out of his 22m guaranteed money that he will have in the bank.

Not even sure what fine you want the club to pay or be punished with within this scenario? I really really don't understand at all what that has to do with anything else that has been said by me, by you and by others. If you mean the club can jettison the player whenever they want by cutting him then, yes this is harsh but again they all know the rules and that is why when they negotiate their contracts they try to get as much money in guarantees as possible, this then takes care of the getting cut example or injury for that matter.

The crux is you're defending a player for asking for a renewed contact, on a vastly improved deal while he still has lots of time left on his old contract, that is it, the vast majority of people are against you and against Adams, Adams for the way he has gone about it, nobody has said he shouldn't get paid if he has earned it but nobody wants to pay him money early as there is no need to do so but you keep portraying as some kind of penniless guy down on his uppers, when in truth that is basically not true in the slightest.

Oh and as for baseball, I haven't the faintest idea what happens in baseball, I don't follow baseball, it is boring as fuck and next to basketball it must be one of the worst games invented.

5. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

What don't you get? It's not about a guy at Home Depot; his pay is not based on the entertainment industry. Nobody goes to Home Depot to ooh and aah at the stocking performance of their "team members.". The NFL is in the entertainment business and the pay scale and working conditions cannot be compared to retail, manufacturing, banking or anything else people here are trying to compare them to.

Just because a guy makes a ton of money doesn't mean he can't try to make a ton and a half, jealousy and sour grapes notwithstanding.

alleycat9 likes this.
  6. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

No. I'm not comparing professional athletes to Joe Lunchbox, there is no comparison but people keep throwing up the amount of money these guys make as if they shouldn't be interested in maximizing their income any more than anyone else.

Bringing in a salary cap argument is what makes no sense, it's just a control within the industry just like a company putting up a three percent raise budget at the end of the year. Business is not a democracy, the best employees get more of that three percent than the slackers who may get nothing.

alleycat9 and TonyFtLaud like this.
  7. K'OB

It was none of the above.

It was the fact you said the guy at home depot had a better career expectancy and Adam's had to maximise his wage earning to a short career.

That is utterly ridiculous, when and I am sick to death of typing this he got 22m guaranteed and still has years left on his contract, a contract that he signed willingly.

Yet you still compared it to home depot guy, make your mind up man?

Of course, I am sat here just green with envy and bitterness, throw a little outraged on top if you want as well.

Or you could get a brain and see that most people just think Adam's has gone about it the wrong way and don't want the GM to cave in as easily as you would too early wage demands on a 5 year contract.
    Also, we want players on team friendly deals or we will never have the chance of affording a run at the prize. But yeah throw 20m at a safety and then how much inside 2 or 3 seasons when he wants paid more again.

Yeah, it is just bitterness and jealousy though.

#827 K'OB, Jun 29, 2020
    Last edited: Jun 29, 2020
    KurtTheJetsFan likes this.
  8. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

I think Adams just wants to play somewhere else and using the money thing as his crutch. Jamal is a smart guy, he knows the contract he signed and he can see guys like Mccaffrey getting big contracts without threatening to hold out. He's not dumb, he knows what he's doing.

He just wants to play for the Dallas Cowboys, plain & simple.

alleycat9 likes this.
  9. dawinner127

dawinner127 Well-Known Member

I just heard Ryan Clark's comments from last week (Thursday or Friday) on Jamal Adams. Adams knows he has absolutely zero leverage in this situation. He can whine, cry, and make a fool of himself on social media but he has zero leverage and knows it.

I normally don't agree with Ryan Clark and I think his takes are always a steaming pile of shit, but I actually agreed with what he said about Jamal. Jamal wants to be an all time great, a HOFer (or so he makes it seem). Douglas is going to put the ball in Jamals court and let him make a decision - Am I going to play football and show everyone that I'm not a me type guy and want to be an all time great, or am I going to sit and become known as the OBJ/TO type player. Jamal cares way to much about what other people think and what he will be remembered as. There is no way he sits out so come the 2nd week of September I fully expect him to be lined up on the field.

Brook!, K'OB, Ptflea2 and 4 others like this.
  10. LeonNYJ

LeonNYJ Well-Known Member

Yep, JD doesn't have to do crap. Adams has zero leverage. Either he doesn't play and risks ruining his reputation and career or he shuts his mouth and gets to work. If he plays like shit or becomes a locker room cancer, he also ruins his reputation. The guy is signed to a deal that he willingly agreed to. He can suck it up. This idea of people always siding with whatever players demand is ludicrous.

SOJAZ, K'OB, RochesterJet and 4 others like this.
  11. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

I really tried my hardest to see the point of view of the people that think Jamal is justified here. I just can’t do it. No matter how you slice it the guy is handling it completely incorrectly. As it’s been proven here by a bunch of posters, this is not a unique situation. Players have severely outplayed their rookie contract by year three and have sucked it up like big boys, played their asses off and been rewarded greatly for it. And they did it when the world wasn’t in the middle of a global pandemic that is going to cost NFL teams hundreds of millions of dollars with tons of financial uncertainty surrounding the next year. He’s just completely wrong.

12. joe

joe Well-Known Member

Brook! likes this.
  13. alleycat9

nobody gets the shit kicked out of them working at home depot either. the amount of abuse these guys put themselves thru on a weekly basis is extraordinary and there might be 1 or 2 guys on this entire forum who have any idea what it actually takes to be an nfl player. the off season is sometimes more difficult than the regular season. fans think they just show up on sundays and get there millions.

but fuck them if they dont like anything they can fuck off.

some people on here act as if they are indentured servants

14. RochesterJet

RochesterJet Well-Known Member

Come on now man, I've read all of this squabble. Comparing a guy who works at HD to an NFL player with gifts from god is a little far fetched, no?

Yes, NFL players dedicate themselves to their craft, use their body's as a vehicle (like a Construction worker does) to get paid and usually have a short window to make money. We all understand that point. I also would go out on a limb and say most on this forum would agree that a player needs to maximize their earning potential when they can.

However, as has been stated, Jamal has significant guarantees if he never plays another down again in the NFL. More than most can fathom spending in a lifetime. So if he feels the need to be paid more, he can play the situation like he has (acting like a little bitch IMO) or he can ball out again this year and really put the pressure on the Jets to man up.

If he had handled it that way, I'm sure we would all have a very different opinion of Jamal.

When Home Depot starts handing out guaranteed contracts for services not even rendered...you could have a point. until then its just a dud of a comparison man

FJF, MoWilkBeast, SOJAZ and 2 others like this.
  15. K'OB

Are you for fucking real?

It's a sport, a sport that everybody on here would love to play professionally rather than their mundane normal day job, get the shit kicked out of them, when are you going to move to boxing.com and tell them all that getting punched in the face is a rough sport.

Your posts are getting worse the more desperate you become

Every professional sport is hard, that is the very nature of becoming top of the tree at whatever sport you have been lucky enough to be good at.

Not one single fan on here thinks they just turn up on Sunday, they play fucking Thursdays as well (yes, I am laughing at you) do you really think people are that dumb that they don't understand that players train, it is a tough old life playing the sport you love and getting rewarded handsomely for it.

It fucking beats working at Home Depot any day I'd guess.

The final point to you is and SOME people don't seem to understand how contracts work.

SOJAZ likes this.
  16. TwoHeadedMonster

TwoHeadedMonster Well-Known Member

Is combat pay still $225 a month? Tax-free, though! Hazardous Duty pay is another $240/month on top of that!

I mean, those special forces dudes pulling down a cool $55k a year have no idea the kind of abuse an NFL player puts himself through though.

NCJetsfan, Brook!, K'OB and 2 others like this.
  17. If the NFL player life is too hard for Jamal Adams or any other player so be it..

There are 100s & 100s of student athletes in college D1 ball alone that love the game more than anything thatd gladly take the vet minimum or even less just to play the game they love on Sundays.

Poor Jamal.

18. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

Jamal trying to change the narrative with the media and his social media has been such an embarrassment to watch. He just never stops. Now he RT'd some video of a guy making the lamest possible excuses for Jamal, and he said he agreed with it word for word.

Playing the victim card is next level pathetic. He is sad his fans don't like him anymore? You would have to have something wrong with your brain TO LIKE HIM at this moment.

FJF, NCJetsfan, Brook! and 3 others like this.
  19. alleycat9

whats the highest level of football you have played? serious question.

20. K'OB

I'm fucking English, like you don't know this and have never played American Football but that has absolutely zero to do with anything that has been said, absolutely nothing, you're talking shit on a post by post basis in some desperate search for god only knows what, 90% of the forum is against your viewpoint, you should know then, that it is time to quit.

Anyway, I will answer your sport related jibe, you have heard of Rugby, right? Sort of like American football with no pads or helmets, full of crashing tackles and where you are just as likely to get a stud in the head off your own teammate as opposed to an opposition player in a maul, I'm 5ft 7" and have been hit by a 6ft 5" agricultural giant, you get up and get on with it, it's called being a man or otherwise known as being a sportsman.

I also played in goal in hockey and have had a hockey stick in the face, played in goal and been kicked in the face diving at strikers feet, I have also played as a striker or even on the wing in football and been crunched in all manner of ways by wankers with a grudge, I even missed two years of sport after being studded and having a hole the size of a tennis ball in the top of my thigh, it was that close to my cock and balls there were scrape marks across them, now I was stitched up and had my skin was stretched and grafted to cover the hole and it took two years to get supple enough to stretch and run and kick.

That game was a trial game, 8 people playing in it went onto be professional footballers, none actually made it as it happens, that was my chance and it was fucked by a stamping cunt, if only I had some guaranteed cash in the bank eh.

So, is that hard enough for you?

No?

I played Badmington as well, you have to watch those shuttlecocks if you get one in the eye, it stings like fuck and can blind you.

Oh and I did all this for free, it is called playing sport for fun and excitement.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.