How would you rank Dak?

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by Brook!, Jun 2, 2020.

1. J-Raw24

J-Raw24 Well-Known Member

Dak is good. I'm not going to say he isn't. But let's put some perspective on it. If he was behind the Seattle line. With little weapons would he perform as well as Wilson. No most likely not. If he was in green bay with that atrocious offense would he take his team to the playoffs. No most likely not. Yes he had a great season, but a lot of that is because he has a top 5 line and top 10 wr core. I think he could still be good, but in no way is he great. Mahomes is great. Watson can be, this year he doesn't have his #1 target so we will see if he still plays well. Take Daks weapons and line and he's good but I don't think he can carry the team. For 40 million I better get someone who can carry the team.

Brook! likes this.
  2. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

For $40M you'd better get the best QB in NFL history and even then you're not winning a lot of championships.

The best QB's are probably actually worth just a little bit under 10% of the cap. 10%+ is where you rarely see a QB win anything big and you see a lot of great QB's on teams that are under performing despite their strong contributions.

J-Raw24 likes this.
  3. joe

joe Well-Known Member

. . ^ #ESPN would approve . ; )

You want a woke assessment? . Given his OL, .his RB, .his WR talent, .he's not $30m worthy just like Kurt Cousins isn't (and I'd take Prescott over Cousins any day of the week).

Prescott had to stay at Starkvegas an additional year because of accuracy issue questions. .Further, there was a reason that even with the additional year at MSU, he only ended up a 4th round pick.

edit: .. he lost to the Jets last year. . The CJ Mobley-less Jets with zilch at CB and whose OL line was not top 10, nor top 20, nor top 30 . (#31).

#23 joe, Jun 27, 2020
    Last edited: Jun 27, 2020
  4. matt robinson 17

matt robinson 17 Well-Known Member

Top 20? Nothing special, also has a great o-line, great running game and weapons at the receivers

Brook! likes this.
  5. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

You want a really woke assessment? The greatest QBs in history aren't worth 30M+ and likely not worth 20M+ but teams keep caving in to their demands and declining instead of doing the right thing and developing another good QB.

The bad teams? They have franchise CB's and ILB's.