ESPN: Jamal Adams Requests a Trade from Jets

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by KingRoach, May 26, 2020.

?

Would you Trade Adams and a 3rd to the Browns for OBJ and their ‘21 1st

1. Yes

23.5%
  2. No

75.8%
  3. I would trade Adams for Kyle Shanahan

0.7%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. phill1c

phill1c Member

You are too good to me. thank you, sincerely.

First of all, he's acting as if he is already played more than two years at a very high level. He hasn't. Now, for me, I'm not into the talking. My hero was Walt Clyde Frazier, the antithesis of Jamal Adams. But I'm several generations removed from Jamal Adams' generation. So, I choose to ignore the talk, the whining about not being paid or wanting to be with the cowboys.

So, NO EXTENSION!! Not this year. and if he plays well enough again, we can review the issue.

twown likes this.
  2. K'OB

K'OB 2021 TGG Fantasy Football Champ

Bold 1 - apart from the 22 million in guarantees he got when signing the contract.

Bold 2 - see above for how fucked up his labour deal has been, 5 year contract to earn 32m, 22m guaranteed and with 14m of that paid up front.

What a harsh life they lead.

3. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

Actually people around here have been worked up about Adams for months. Check back on some of the comments thrown his way when he expressed displeasure about being shopped regardless of what the reality of that situation was. Trashing the New York Jets organization has been among the favorite pastimes of posters here for years; why can't the employees get in on the action?

As far as a financial crisis, I have tried to come up with some empathy for the NFL teams in that regard but try as I might, I got nothin'. Fifty years of waiting tells me I can wait a little longer, I'm not quite as old as Leon Hess was when he made his famous speech.

4. Ralebird

It's called "negotiation" and shouldn't be taken to heart.

5. Ralebird

Nah, the guy at Home Depot has a much longer career expectation. Professional athletes need to maximize their income in the short period they get. Perhaps some of the problem is people try to compare athletes to other workers when there really is no comparison.

Entertainers get paid a lot of money because they bring in a lot of money, why should bystanders be so concerned? Do people on entertainment forums complain about how much Daniel Craig gets to play James Bond or how much a judge on America's Got Talent earns?

TonyFtLaud likes this.
  6. K'OB

What a fucking ridiculous thing to say.

I bet the guy at home depot didn't get 14m upfront when he joined the company and another 8m guaranteed and all without any performance-related incentive, just 22m smackeroos in your hand, lovely and with the prospect of 'earning' another 10m on top.

Nah, a 50-year career expectancy is a far better prospect than earning a minimum of 22m in 5 years.

Please empty your pockets folks, an impoverished sportsman is coming through.

#806 K'OB, Jun 28, 2020
    Last edited: Jun 28, 2020
  7. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

I never thought this thread would get this bad. Wow.

8. MJK

MJK Well-Known Member

I dunno does a James Bond movie have a hard salary cap? Lol. And I think you are the one who is continually comparing multi millionaire dollar athletes to your average worker not everyone else....your posts never make any sense.

Ptflea2 likes this.
  9. BudJet

BudJet Well-Known Member

MONEY CURES ALL WOUNDS :)

10. BudJet

BudJet Well-Known Member

AND GETS FINED $30,000.00 PER DAY

11. alleycat9

alleycat9 Well-Known Member

yeah fuck them they should take what the owners give them and be happy about it.

if you compare it to the other sports its really not a good deal. and the guaranteed part is a signing bonus, they can cut them at any time and consistently do. the player does not have that option its not a 2 way street its a 1 way street. sign for 6 years youre stuck for 6 years, dont like your new boss, fuck you. dont like the city you live in, fuck you. want to move closer to family, fuck you. think you are underpaid, fuck you.

but if production drops, you get injured or they just simply dont like you anymore they can send you packing at ANY point during those 6 years.

the most dangerous sport is the one where the team can just tell you to pound sand at any point.

12. K'OB

Why are you still whining on? You got it wrong in the other post about guarantees but here you are again and no acknowledgement that you got that hugely wrong

SO...

The answer to all of this is still 22m guaranteed, so if he gets cut after a year 22m, if he gets cut after 2 years 22m, if he gets injured after 6 games 22m.

Can you see a fucking pattern forming?

Are you even understanding?

Don't like the city you live in for a max of 6 months a year, you're really breaking my fucking heart.

Get a second home and move there 6 months of the year, alternatively don't apply to be a fucking NFL player, in the vain hope, you end up at your hometown team.

He signed a deal like every rookie before him, they know the score when they sign 'CHEAP LABOUR' sarcasm activated, for 5 years then they get the really big payoff if they are any good and then they can secure the bag and not give a fuck anymore and if they have more than a minuscule brain they will be set up for the rest of their lives the minute they sign a contract.

Again my poor old heartstrings are being plucked by a philharmonic orchestra, I'll let you decide what level of sarcasm that was.

#812 K'OB, Jun 28, 2020
  13. K'OB

And getting worse.

14. BudJet

BudJet Well-Known Member

I disagree, the team will look bad if they cave into his demands. I also don't think it is the money, which he proved by saying he will sign with another team without a contract, & him giving the jets a list of playoff contenders he wants to go to is more of a bad look for him. It shows he's a me first guy & is better than the system and wants to power his way to success. sure hand pick a playoff contender to prove you are a winner. Sorry Jamal life doesn't always work out the way you want. I am all for a player making his money, but Jamal is crossing the line. If he requested a contract behind closed doors i wouldn't feel so down on him, but he wants to be front page news & drag the team through the mud to get his way like a baby who keeps crying till he gets a lollypop. Well JD doesn't hand out lollypops so stop the crying. Use your agent to negotiate not social media. "can't fool a wizard" is what he said on social media. your a fool not the wizard or God's gift to the NFL. This look isn't on the jets, it's all on Jamal. Now it's how JD handles the situation that will define how the jets look. Let the baby cry till he goes to sleep & feed him in the morning! (2021)

#814 BudJet, Jun 28, 2020
    SOJAZ and NCJetsfan like this.
  15. alleycat9

alleycat9 Well-Known Member

fact is its a signing bonus. the contract is for x amount of years, the player cant break the contract without getting fined the team can. as i said before the only thing that the team has against it is pro rated signing bonus money on their cap.

do you concur with those facts?

i mean if you dont like my posts you can always f off and block me its really simple. do you understand how to do that?

TonyFtLaud likes this.
  16. TwoHeadedMonster

TwoHeadedMonster Well-Known Member

Sounds awful.

How much does a Marine Corps Private make, again?

17. K'OB

I could do so and you are very welcome to do the same anytime you decide to fuck off and press the same button.

But you are not going to garner sympathy for a multimillionaire sportsman who thinks he should be getting a new contract early to make him even richer.

I don't care about him being fined if he breaks his contract, that is what contracts are for, he signed it and got 14m instantly, why is this so hard for you to get into your head? He hasn't been made a pauper, he got 14m instantly and then he will be guaranteed another 8m even if he never plays another minute, then on top of that, he has the potential to earn another 10m if he sees out his current deal and not sign up again.

So 32m over 5 years and you want us to cry tears for him.

18. K'OB

I think you hit your caps button by mistake :D:D:D

TwoHeadedMonster and CotcheryFan like this.
  19. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

I respectfully disagree. It's not as one-sided as you portray it. The only players I feel sorry for are the lower echelon players who aren't paid all that much and can bounce between the PS and roster and/or between teams trying to hold onto the dream. Even then, they aren't paid all that badly. No one forces a player to play in the NFL. They do it because they love the game, love the fame and adulation, or love the money they can earn, maybe all three, although some obviously play the game just for the money and celebrity of being a professional athlete, but don't really love the game. Signing bonuses are just ways that teams use to help get around the cap and spread the hit out. It actually benefits the players hugely to get those signing bonuses up front. If they wind up being a bust or suffer a major or career-ending injury, the team doesn't get that signing bonus money back or roster bonus money back. Even when a high draft pick is a bust, teams usually give them at least 2-3 years to try to turn things around. During that time, the player has become a millionaire several times over, and the team has zilch to show for it. Some players play hard in contract years to get a big contract, and then once they get that big second contract, they dog (not in the good way as Jamal uses the word) it like Mo Wilkerson and Revis. Teams don't get that money back, either. Teams are taking a risk that players will work hard, keep improving and develop into solid professional football players. They feed them well, provide better health care and training than any normal citizen gets, they get career and financial counseling, get to stay in first class hotels and fly first class. They're treated like royalty. If the team is bad and half the team quits trying 2/3 of the way through the season, the team doesn't get its money back. I'm sure there are other examples as well.

The bottom line is that again, no one forces players to play in the NFL. If they don't like the system, they can refuse to enter the draft and get a "normal" job like everyone else. You don't see too many collegiate players doing that, however. Maybe, just maybe, the system isn't as bad as you portray it, and is a lot more favorable to players than you suggest. No system is perfect. IMO the only truly fair system would be one where there was some kind of standard that sets a value for each position and the year of the player, and then have standard contract language that said if a player outperforms his contract, his salary would escalate a certain percentage the next year, but if he underperformed his contract, his salary would be cut a certain percentage (or not rise as much) the next year . That would be impossible however, it would be a nightmare to track and control as values keep rising and each team could value certain positions more or less than others.

With as much money as owners are making, I do think the players should get a bigger share of revenue sharing from TV, ticket, concession, and merchandise sales, but I think ticket prices, concession prices, and parking prices for fans should be cut dramatically, and all seat licenses done away with.

#819 NCJetsfan, Jun 28, 2020
    K'OB and TwoHeadedMonster like this.
  20. BudJet

BudJet Well-Known Member

Thanks....Fixed:rolleyes:

K'OB likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.