ESPN: Jamal Adams Requests a Trade from Jets

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by KingRoach, May 26, 2020.

?

Would you Trade Adams and a 3rd to the Browns for OBJ and their ‘21 1st

1. Yes

23.5%
  2. No

75.8%
  3. I would trade Adams for Kyle Shanahan

0.7%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. K'OB

K'OB 2021 TGG Fantasy Football Champ

It has to be a negative percentage or the way the question reads CJ's answer would be, he is in agreement with the question a 1000000%

the question was "Do you agree with the report by MM that a majority of the players dislike Adam Gase?"

So he answers -1000000%

If it wasn't for that minus sign making it NEGATIVE 1000000% making his answer no the players do not dislike Adam Gase.

So that is what Aero meant by a negative percentage.

:D

FJF and J-Raw24 like this.
  2. K'OB

The question was phrased DO you agree with the report by MM

Hence his use of the - symbol turning it into a negative number showing his disagreement with MM report

3. J-Raw24

J-Raw24 Well-Known Member

Yeah I realized I type it backwards and fixed it thanks. Same thing but yes the - confused people. I also missed a 0.

K'OB likes this.
  4. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Well-Known Member

Not sure if it was said here but supposedly if Jamal doesn’t report on time to training camp, he loses a year of accrued season towards FA with the CBA. So yeah he maybe playing hardball but he’s in a no win situation here.

NCJetsfan likes this.
  5. J-Raw24

J-Raw24 Well-Known Member

He also loses money. Basically JD holds all the cards. Adam's already skipped the virtual offseason, we will see how far he pushes it.

#765 J-Raw24, Jun 26, 2020
    Last edited: Jun 26, 2020
  6. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

I read it that "-" was just a separator, not a minus or negative sign. I don't tweet, so don't know how they normally format things. It was a stupid way to answer imo, because it leaves room for doubt as to what he meant.

Ralebird, J-Raw24 and K'OB like this.
  7. themorey

themorey Well-Known Member

I think its sad that so many posters on this forum point to this Mehta story and his anonymous sources just because it fits with their own personal feelings towards Gase. I don't consider myself a fan of Gase but I also don't have blind hatred towards him like so many others. I do, however, have blind hatred towards Mehta and his click bait drivel.

I want the Jets to do well and that means that Gase will have to do well. Some people act like they want the team to fail just to justify their own personal hatred of Gase. That's just mind bottling (yes, bottling).

[​IMG]

JetsNation06 and KurtTheJetsFan like this.
  8. K'OB

Who has pointed at this story and given stick to Gase, I can maybe think of one person, then again I have the block button in use, so maybe there is a few of those sticking the knife in, I thought from what I have read that people have a lot of disdain for mehta and his shit sources and have backed the two players that have spoken up in defence of Gase.

Again apologies if my blocked people are the Gase hating crowd :)

Brook! and Mogriffjr like this.
  9. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

Suggesting that posters want the Jets to fail so Gase looks bad is the single most disingenuous thing I've seen on this thread. And this thread contains Manish Mehta articles.

Red Menace likes this.
  10. The Waterboy

The Waterboy Well-Known Member

Donald and Mack are both superior players to Adams and neither got a new contract after 3 seasons, in fact only 16 1st round picks since 2011 have gotten a new contract after 3 seasons.

I said no to the hypothetical trade proposed here but if they get a 1st and a 2nd from a team like Washington I pull that trigger in a heartbeat now. Screw sending him where he wants to go unless that team pays a premium

BudJet and Brook! like this.
  11. WarriorRB28

WarriorRB28 Well-Known Member

The Jets would be incredibly stupid to trade him now. IMO ever he's that good but whatever.

The smartest thing they could do NOW the right thing to do and what they should do is make their best player happy by giving him a nice raise for 2020 not a new contract to buy themselves some extra time. With all the cap space they have they can do it.

See where we're at in 2021.

Who knows he could win DPOY in 2020.

No other organization in sports is going through a situation like this with their best player this pissed off at them trying to talk his way out of town.

It's not a good look for the Jets.

12. Aero

Aero Well-Known Member

The only thing I disagree with here is the last line, that it hasn't been a good look for the Jets. None of us know details of what's being discussed in the front office, but it's probably a safe bet that the pandemic, uncertainty regarding the season, next year's salary cap, etc. are all playing a role in the Jets' apparent unwillingness to engage Adams in extension talks. I want to say it was at the Combine where Douglas did say he'd wait until after the Draft, and if Adams is to be believed that those talks haven't even started, I'd hope it's due to the pandemic and not him blowing smoke.

KurtTheJetsFan likes this.
  13. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

There's a question on my mind and I guess this is as good a place as any to ask it. If there is no NFL this year what happens to the player contracts? Does this year just not happen and everyone moves on to whatever the contract has for 2021 and all free agencies, etc. stay on the same calendar or does everything get pushed back a year and if somebody has two years left now they would still have two years left to run when play resumes?

Are these guys getting any kind of pay at all now seeing as the Jets are not doing organized activities?

14. Jake

Jake Well-Known Member

If we could get La'ell Collins and a 1 I'd pull the trigger in a heartbeat.

15. alleycat9

alleycat9 Well-Known Member

maybe its less about the players being assholes and more about the people running the organization being assholes and or inept. how many times does a guy have to be great but be a problem before we start looking at the lowest common denominator? how many has it been? john abraham was probably the first since this owner has been in charge and there have been multiple since.

the fanbase is also ripe and ready to turn on anyone for anything. usually half the board hates every guy the team has.

Aero likes this.
  16. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

Apparently Wyatt didn’t join the conference call today. He got called out last season for writing a hit piece then skipping the next presser too. Dudes a coward and has 0 credibility.

Brook!, Jake, J-Raw24 and 2 others like this.
  17. K'OB

In football the players contracts just continued as normal, so a few players contracts ran out in June and they then refused to play out the season for their club, not risking injury and a free transfer to a new team in the summer. David Silva at Manchester City signed a short term deal to finish the season off before he leaves, a very sad day that will be btw.

But that is football, God knows what rules the NFL will announce.

18. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

It's okay to ask for a raise at work, everyone should. Unless you work for the NY Jets.

alleycat9 likes this.
  19. TonyFtLaud

TonyFtLaud Well-Known Member

The virtual off season is not mandatory so his skipping it means nothing.

20. TonyFtLaud

TonyFtLaud Well-Known Member

The NFL does not have a specific force majeure provision in its collective bargaining agreement so everything has to be negotiated with the NFLPA.
    The owners have control of the schedule, they will decide if, when, how many games are played.
    Salaries will be prorated. No camp means players lose their workout bonuses. Per game bonuses will be lost on games not played. The biggest fight will be over whether the contracts Toll or not. The NFLPA will likely concede everything but the tolling.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.