Coronavirus Quarantine a/k/a What I Did on My Quarantine Vacation Thread

Discussion in 'BS Forum' started by jetophile, Apr 6, 2020.

1. typeOnegative13NY

typeOnegative13NY Well-Known Member

Had time seemed to fly by much faster during this for everyone else?

2. jetophile

jetophile Bruce Coslet's Daughter

[​IMG]

20 minute oil sketch on paper outside of Radicofani. It was hazy and blazing hot and I got zapped by some stinging nettles so I said what do I look like, some jackass starving artist who lives in a leaky turret? I'm outta here! Oh, we're getting a new roof on the house and my Studio on July 15th, by the way.

3. Section 336

Section 336 Well-Known Member

I have taken up making cheese.

Mozzarella
    Ricotta
    Burrata

Cream Cheese is next, and if that works out will make a true homemade cheesecake with that and the Ricotta.

jetophile and thedonger like this.
  4. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

I learned how to detail my car. Removing scratches and smudges is a cinch now.

The Waterboy likes this.
  5. The Waterboy

The Waterboy Well-Known Member

I'll stop by on my way back to Florida so you can teach me. Pulled a vacuum hose over the car instead of getting in and turning it around. Scratched the hell out of the roof, who knew a plastic hose could act like sand paper

Cman68 likes this.
  6. Cman68

You will need either a 6" polisher or a lot of elbow grease. Depending on how deep the scratches go, and you can tell that by dragging your fingernail across them, you might need to wet sand. Either way, you can get those scratches out without going to the body shop and paying huge buks.

The Waterboy likes this.
  7. The Waterboy

I think i still have a sheepskin wheel for my right angle drill, probably 4 inch but should do the trick. Who knows what other damage I'll do before i get home in 3-4 weeks though.

8. Cman68

There's no avoiding scratches man.. Just the cost of driving in America. There's plenty info on YouTube about getting scratches out. That's how I learned how to do it.

9. The Waterboy

True about the scratches and after 5000 miles in just about 4 weeks, kind of expected, especially on some of the back roads i have been hitting

10. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

I remember when I used to care....... approaching 20 years driving the same truck... "I wonder where these new ones came from?" ;)

11. jetophile

I just put up a brand new batch of Limoncello and Arancello. My trick is to put some orange zest in the Limoncello and some lemon zest in the Arancello. The reason for this is because Meyer lemons are extremely hard to find and when you can find them they're ridiculously expensive. The orange zest cuts down on the tartness of regular lemons. Likewise, the lemon zest adds a little zip to the Arancello.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I'll post some photos when it's bottled next month. Also, don't be tricked into Everclear. I buy Spirytus, it's much cheaper; and because it's a neutral spirit, you don't care about the "taste". You're cutting your finished liqueur with sugar and water.

I made Limetta a couple of years ago (same exact process but with limes) and added a little Tangerine zest - but just a little - so it wouldn't turn the infusion a muddy color. It was dynamite.

12. jetophile

I'm making my own almond extract so I can make my own Amaretto. The extract starts the a.m. because it has to sit for 2 months to be ready for the Fall. Fug that store bought chit. First of all, it's wayyyy too sweet. Second of all, half the time it's dyed with caramel color. Yuck.

I'm going Huckleberry picking tomorrow (a/k/a wild blueberries). There's acres of them in a place I like to hike, but I haven't been up there yet. I'm on the tail end, so I gotta move it. Last year I had an amazing haul of EVERYTHING (all wild, of course). Blueberries, Elderberries, Blackberries, Red Raspberries, Black Raspberries, you name. Raspberries, rrrrrr! You get destroyed from prickers and you have to watch out for rattlesnakes depending on where, but I wear snake boots, what else; but so worth it. I'll post pictures of last year's harvest. Gonna make some liqueurs, too.

I'll be your Huckleberry.

13. jetophile

[​IMG]

This is my friend, Steve's, Wedding present. He's one of my best buddies, and also a fellow artist in crime. Partner in art. Whatever. Anyway, he's in my top 100 favorite painters, living or dead. He loved it. We trade art and buy each other's art. Support the craft. It's very important.

[​IMG]

This is my friend, Steve. This is one of a million reasons why he's one of my best buddies. We've known each other for 38 years. Sometimes he calls me up just to hang up in my face. Well, usually he vocalizes without saying anything, but slams the phone down before I can start shrieking. "HELLO, Steeeeevvvee." "Ahhhhgurrggaahhh! *CLICK!*" Then I call him back and hang up in his face, and it becomes a game of chicken. But only sometimes.