ESPN: Jamal Adams Requests a Trade from Jets

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by KingRoach, May 26, 2020.

?

Would you Trade Adams and a 3rd to the Browns for OBJ and their ‘21 1st

1. Yes

23.5%
  2. No

75.8%
  3. I would trade Adams for Kyle Shanahan

0.7%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

If we had received the Cowboys #1 and #4 at last season's trade deadline, we could have taken Lamb and the Cowboys wouldn't have him. IMO that would be more valuable than getting two late round 1st round picks from the Niners.

#721 NCJetsfan, Jun 25, 2020
    Last edited: Jun 25, 2020
    Aero and MJK like this.
  2. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

Of course there’s players in there that don’t like gase. There are players in every locker room in every sport that don’t like the coach.

3. MJK

MJK Well-Known Member

I think I would rather take a few young plug and play guys at this point...Gallup and a 2nd....or the guard and a 2nd from the Cowboys....I have no patience waiting on a 31st pick in 2021 and 22

NCJetsfan likes this.
  4. Falco21

Falco21 Well-Known Member

We all knew BroadwaySam would find a way to twist that post lmao

5. TonyFtLaud

TonyFtLaud Well-Known Member

Shortening rookie contracts to 3 years was one of the players and their unions major contentions. Owners wanted to lengthen them to 5 years.
    The owners have all the control and holding out or publicly airing their grievances are the players only option.
    Seems fans want to turn this into millionaire (player ) vs average working class, when in reality its Millionaire vs Billionaire .

6. James Hasty

James Hasty Well-Known Member

The Browns have a lot of talented players who under-performed last year due to the Brown's coaching issues.

Their first round pick could be in the top half of next year's draft.

While I would prefer not to send Adams to an AFC team, the Browns might give us the best offer in return.

7. NYJFOREVER

NYJFOREVER Well-Known Member

Haha, eat dirt Manish. Alex Lewis is the man!!!

8. K'OB

K'OB 2021 TGG Fantasy Football Champ

That is true but it is also a whiny fucking millionaire wants to be more of a millionaire and that is the bit that pisses off hard working people, especially ones in lower paid jobs and also in these unprecedented times when people may well be about to be made redundant due to this bastard virus.

SOJAZ, NCJetsfan and KurtTheJetsFan like this.
  9. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

NFL players in general may be out of jobs for quite awhile depending on how things go this summer and fall. It will only take one team having an outbreak and everybody else will have to shut down also. With 32 teams in play, the average IQ of NFL players and the places they train in I make it probably 50/50 that one or more of the teams forces the NFL's hand before the 2nd week of September.

10. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

Remember when the Jets went down to Tampa to play in Keyshawns new house in 2000?

Man it was fun watching him watch Wayne Chrebet beat that legendary secondary for the game-winning TD late.

KWJetsFan and KurtTheJetsFan like this.
  11. Jake

Jake Well-Known Member

I love to see Wyatt Mehta made a fool of. Hopefully a few others tell him and his sources to eat shit.

12. TonyFtLaud

I get it, athletes dont work hard. They just get up in the morning , one day per week, work for 3 hours and go home to count their money......o_O
    The truth is fans feel betrayed, it's all emotion.
    Remember the scene in a Bronx Tale? Mickey Mantle dont care about you....
    When I deposit my check , I dont think about people who make less, I think about my family, myself and the future. How can I improve my buisness to make more money. I have an obligation to my customers,family, myself and my employees. I make charitable donations , help people I can, but at the end of the day, buisness is buisness. Should I cut my prices, take on less buisness, cut my income and my employees income because there are people who make less?
    Adam's making any less money isn't going to translate in any way to you making more, ticket prices will continue to rise, Jerseys are still going to cost more. And woody's fortune will continue to grow.
    It's a buisness decision and players have the right to maximize their earning potential in the short time they have the opportunity to do so.
    It's not your salary vs Adam's, its Adam's the league's top safety vs the 31 lesser safety's making more.

Brook! and All Gas No Shake like this.
  13. You mean the 12 making more,right?

In the 20th percentile of all safeties in the league. Being paid like the top 10 safety he was drafted to be w 2 yrs left on his deal.

Nobody knocks him wanting a new deal.We knock the way hes gone about it & violin playing like above.

Why in the world should jet fans feel empathy for these athletes?

NCJetsfan and K'OB like this.
  14. KWJetsFan

KWJetsFan Well-Known Member

I went from NJ to DC to visit my girlfriend at the time. She found us a bar that was playing the game. I was the only Jets fan in there. I was miserable for about 3 1/2 quarters, then euphoric down the stretch.

Ptflea2 likes this.
  15. TonyFtLaud

No, I'm mean 31, the 31 safeties who are being paid more than Adam's this season.
    I see your putting words into my mouth, I never mentioned him being knocked, but I'll respond to you on that anyway...
    You must not have read the same post as me, he is being knocked for wanting a new deal.
    The way the monopoly known as the NFL is structured, the only recourse Adam's has is publicly voicing his displeasure with the way his contract has been handled. I dont like his method but I understand that is his only recourse. I'm certainly not in agreement with the poster I was replying to who said fuck him, I dont care if he gets permanently disabled, he has enough money already. I have more compassion and understanding than that.
    I'm not suggesting you should feel empthay for anyone. At the end of the day, athletes are people, no different than you or I. So why begrudge them the right to maximize their earnings. You have every right to feel how you feel toward anyone, as do I or any other poster on the board. At least have some integrity

16. I never put any words in your mouth. Nonetheless i dont appreciate the integrity comment & youve been blocked.

#736 KurtTheJetsFan, Jun 25, 2020
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 25, 2020
  17. TonyFtLaud

It still wont have any effect on me or my day to day life. There will be other forms of entertainment that we will all over pay for. You included. I wont pity them if that happens either.
    And you call Adam's whiny .... LMAO

18. JetsNation06

JetsNation06 Well-Known Member

Some of you are getting way too caught up in making this personal with Adams. It's kind of similar to some fans' obsession with the Pats and how they're doing instead of focusing on our own squad (hopefully that's kind of over now).

I honestly don't give a shit where we send Jamal as long as we get the best return possible. All that should matter is what's in it for the Jets, personal hard feelings aside IMO.

SOJAZ, Noam and TonyFtLaud like this.
  19. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

Trading Adams to the Browns might make the difference in terms of us beating the Browns and getting a potential playoff berth. Besides Kitchens is gone.

20. Aero

Aero Well-Known Member

CJ Mosley responds to a fan on Instagram about the Gase report:

themorey and The Dark Knight like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.