ESPN: Jamal Adams Requests a Trade from Jets

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by KingRoach, May 26, 2020.

?

Would you Trade Adams and a 3rd to the Browns for OBJ and their ‘21 1st

1. Yes

23.5%
  2. No

75.8%
  3. I would trade Adams for Kyle Shanahan

0.7%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GasedAndConfused

GasedAndConfused Well-Known Member

Back to the topic becuase whoc ares about mehta. the more you guys hate him the more clicks he gets which is what he wants and why he trolls jet fans. matter of fact he does what jerry jones did with jamaal. preys on them being over emotional and getting upset and over-reacting. The more we ignore mehta the better

with that said. Jamaal is being a little bitch. JD is doing a great job handling it. let him whine and pout. we have control over him for the next 3 seasons at least. nothing jamaal can do. he can hold out but it'll only tank his career and wallet. he'll never play again under the new rules. fine by me. if I was JD i'd make him play out his deal. then franchise and trade him after the next 2 years for a 1st rounder and be done with it. Glad i didn't get an adams jersey.

papapump and LAJet like this.
  2. joe

joe Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

every prez I know's turned into a douche

MaximusD163 likes this.
  3. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

Yes, you're right. The Dolphins loss was in the first half. Still, the Ravens wrecked us. The final score was 42-21, but it was 35-7 heading into the 4th quarter, when they didn't try very hard. If we played more teams like the Ravens and fewer like the other teams we played, we could have easily gone 2-6 instead of 6-2.

4. TonyFtLaud

TonyFtLaud Well-Known Member

He never said $20 million, that was Cimini speculating, same as with Anderson in the off-season. Qimini speculated tha he COULD be seeking over $20 million per season and the board ran with it . Theres a difference between a quote from a player and a beat writer tweeting "Adam's could be seeking as much as $20 million per year. Not one interview,tweet, or comment from Adam's suggests there is any truth to that what so ever.

5. TonyFtLaud

That was only week 3..... :D

azhar80 likes this.
  6. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Well-Known Member

Meh besides Gase being the one to sit Jamal for a few plays in that one game, I think it’s BS and being led to Gase being a scapegoat

Aero likes this.
  7. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

OMG yes

FJF likes this.
  8. alleycat9

alleycat9 Well-Known Member

the title of this thread literally calls him a coward. im not surprised by the reaction, im saying we as fans need to be better than this.

Aero likes this.
  9. TonyFtLaud

Think he had a couple Sam Adam's before posting that....o_O

LAJet likes this.
  10. Jake

Jake Well-Known Member

Wow completely shocked Gase is getting torched for this situation too.

Yawn.

11. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

I disagree. I don't think he would have with the shit OL we had. Regardless who the teams were, they are still NFL teams and we beat them when often times in the past we have lost to teams like that.

12. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

We did lose to teams like that last year, specifically the Dolphins, Bengals, and Jaguars. We're setting ourselves up for a repeat of 2014 when we thought we'd do alright because we went 8-8 against a joke of a schedule the year before.

ColoradoContrails and alleycat9 like this.
  13. FrontOfficeFanatic

FrontOfficeFanatic Well-Known Member

For what it's worth:

I do not believe in Adam Gase or his leadership ability--I don't think he should be a head coach. With that said, I have a personal contact from my home town that plays on the Dolphins currently (well known player), that I asked about Gase. He didn't give me a lot of details, but he did say that he had no problem with him, but he was one of the guys "Gase liked". He's the type that builds relationship with certain guys over others, which is not an endearing quality in the NFL.

14. mezzavo

mezzavo Well-Known Member

I have a simple question... Why is it that the NY Football Jets finally draft a decent talent they always seem to turn out to be assholes in the end? WHY can't they be great team players? WHY does this asshole have to go to the Darrell Revis school of assholery when it comes to contracts? Just wondering?

15. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

Because the Jets have a history of weak ownership with no impulse control on spending.

Agents know the Jets can be rolled if you apply enough pressure. Douglas is trying to change that perception and the Adams contract impasse is a key moment in that effort. If the Jets roll over for Adams they will not win a Super Bowl under the current ownership - ever.

ColoradoContrails likes this.
  16. jetophile

jetophile Bruce Coslet's Daughter

Hahaha, I know from brain things. He was thinking about Sam when he was typing it, but he shouldn't feel bad. Mine would've come out Samal Dardams.

17. jetophile

jetophile Bruce Coslet's Daughter

Kismet! Duh.

18. Frenbar

Frenbar Well-Known Member

Wouldn't have had this problem if the Johnsons weren't such dog shit and either hired Mike McCarthy or, better yet, hired the fucking GM first and let him get his own guy.

19. fansince90

fansince90 Well-Known Member

My original title said, Jamal Adams...smh. Although it focused on my analysis of his play, it really fits what’s going on now. I honestly don’t think this trade demand is a Jamal issue it is a league issue. Where is it written that rookies can renegotiate their contracts? If there is a clause then he has every right to demand what he think he’s worth, if not JD should not budge.
    Can you imagine signing a deal with a construction company or a mechanic and then halfway through the job they tell you because of their excellent work and importance to your life they want to change the deal you agreed upon? Now your house construction is on hold until you agree to his terms...makes sense? In what industry do people agree to a contract and then think it is ok to break that agreement and demand more money. The league has to fix this just like they implemented a league wide rookie pay scale.
    I suggest they shorten the deals, to 3 years and make it clear that holding out equals a suspension or removal from the league and or repayment of monies received in order to buy your way out of the contract.

20. twown

twown Well-Known Member

A construction company that pulled such a stunt would very quickly go bust because one of the most important qualities in a construction company is reliability.

If competence and reliability were the best assets for a NFL safety, we'd have about 1,000 competitive, hard-working safeties all fighting for relatively low-paying jobs. Some would be a little better than others, and they would be paid a little more. Anyone unreliable would be kicked to the curb. Just like in some other business.

That's not the situation here, obviously. The NFL is about winning games in the most extremely competitive of leagues. That requires premium talent, i.e., Jamal Adams. Look at all the monomaniacal talent freaks this league has showcased over the years. Some of these guys have to basically go on a shooting spree not to get chance after chance.

Elite talent carries the day. Simple supply and demand.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.