ESPN: Jamal Adams Requests a Trade from Jets

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by KingRoach, May 26, 2020.

?

Would you Trade Adams and a 3rd to the Browns for OBJ and their ‘21 1st

1. Yes

23.5%
  2. No

75.8%
  3. I would trade Adams for Kyle Shanahan

0.7%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cliv Clav

Cliv Clav Active Member

Rumour has it we turned down a 1st & 4th rounder from Dallas last time.

If they offered us a 1st & 4th now along with La’el Collins, I would definitely take it. Save the money we would have used on extending Adams and use it on offensive weapons in free agency next season.

SOJAZ, K'OB and JetBlue like this.
  2. BudJet

BudJet Well-Known Member

I'ld like to see how his team mates react to him. Even more If he's traded I would like to be a fly on the wall when Williams addresses the defense on the Adams issue of not wanting to be here & he gives his who needs Adams speech. Williams will use this a bulletin board material.

K'OB, KWJetsFan and KurtTheJetsFan like this.
  3. BudJet

BudJet Well-Known Member

I'd like to know how Adams is going to feel when he has to show up for training camp and basically showing that he's lost the battle to the New York jets. The media will have a field day

RochesterJet and KurtTheJetsFan like this.
  4. themorey

themorey Well-Known Member

As others have said I believe he will fake an injury and spend his time spouting off to the media about how much he hates the Jets. Is that considered conduct detrimental to the team?

KurtTheJetsFan likes this.
  5. BudJet

BudJet Well-Known Member

Faking an injury is not a good look to his teammates that are out there working there asses off to get ready for the season. His actions are turning a stand up guy into a pouting baby that can't get his way. The other players may not speak on the issue, but there not stupid. They know the business end of the NFL, & the reason for the Jets wanting to hold off with his contract talks. JD looks like he's standing true to his words about wanting Jamal to be a jet for life. Jamal is trying to stir the pot and get in a verbal battle between the Jets organization & himself, but JD is being smart in not firing back to fuel the fire.

6. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

Sorry, but I totally disagree. IMO THE most important factor is not letting Adams win and get traded to the team he wants or traded at all right now. JD has to be strong and show the players that they can't whine their way off the team and into a trade and that they aren't in control. Showing that he is in charge, not the players, and that Adams type of behavior will not be condoned, tolerated or given into is THE most important factor for this franchise going forward. We have weak, clueless owners. We have had weak, clueless GMs. If we ever hope to build a winner and have respect league-wide, JD has to stand strong and not cave to Adams' demands. If JD caves, other GMs will think that he is weak and they will seek to cheat him on every possible trade or transaction going forward.

We don't really know all the details in this. Is there a rift between Adams and Gase or Adams and Williams? Was Adams unhappy about being drafted by the Jets from the start? Did Adams really get that upset about JD accepting phone calls from other teams inquiring about trading for Adams, or is it something else? Did JD leak that he was amenable to trading Adams and that's what caused those trade calls? Why else would other teams have even considered that the Jets might trade Adams? Did JD misjudge Adams level of unhappiness following that fiasco? Did JD lie or not communicate enough or clearly enough with Adams and his agent? In the end, it really doesn't matter whose fault it was initially, it is Adams who has done all the posturing and whining on social media that has done the damage. We know that Adams is very unhappy and seemingly doesn't want to stay here. Unless he's a totally self-absorbed idiot, I can't imagine that this is just a negotiation ploy. He's burning or already burned bridges in an effort to leave.

One thing that we know for certain is that Adams has already fucked the Jets, regardless of whose fault it was initially, and he has fucked himself with probably most teams. With his rants on social media, he has alienated the fan base, quite possibly teammates, almost certainly the CS and JD, and probably quite a few other teams. He's made it pretty clear that he doesn't want to play here and wants to play for the Cowboys. Other teams see/hear this and some would have no interest in trading for him in spite of his talent. Others will think they have leverage over the Jets and can get Adams for less, or worrying about dealing with him themselves, will only be willing to give up so much to get him since they will have to sign him to a big contract. Others won't be willing to give him the big contract he wants because of his attitude. Still others will think, why should I trade for him since he really wants to play for the Cowboys? He probably won't sign an extended contract with us, and he'll wind up being a rental for a year or two, then he'll walk in FA and sign with the Cowboys. Thus, he has hurt himself as much as he has the Jets.

Getting less in a trade doesn't "fuck" the Jets at all. Sure, it would be nice to get a haul for him, but because he is a SS, that probably never would have happened anyway. Even if it could have happened, Adams has probably already made that impossible with running his mouth and acting like a baby. Thus again, Adams has fucked the Jets already. At this point all JD can do is try to salvage the situation as best as possible by handling it in a strong, mature fashion, and not caving to Adams demands or desires.

What would fuck the Jets and JD's reputation in the NFL is if he caves to Adams' demands and trades him to the Cowboys or one of the teams that Adams mentioned. He still won't get value for him, and other players and GMs would lose respect for him and think they could manipulate JD. JD has to maintain the power and control. What Adams wants is irrelevant.

#626 NCJetsfan, Jun 24, 2020
    Last edited: Jun 24, 2020
  7. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

Yep. And the Jets can do this approach by keeping him. Similar to when Revis held out. You prepare your defense as if he will not be there. If he somehow changes his tune and gets with the program, you just insert him back into the line-up. It is unfortunate the Jets have to deal with this, but that is on Adams, not the team.

8. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

There are ways to determine if a player is faking an injury. The Jets could hire a private detective to tail him and video him. They can fine the hell out of him if he spouts off to the media. They can move Adams to #2 on the depth chart and hit him where it hurts (his ego).

9. TonyFtLaud

TonyFtLaud Well-Known Member

The thing your missing is. there's more to this than money. Why is he willing to play out his contract elsewhere ? There's bad blood here and we can only speculate why that is.
    If you read my post that you quoted, I said that players salary is not due to occupational hazard but the revenue they generate for the owners. Star players generate more money and are more valuable both on the field and to the owners wallets.
    It will be interesting to see what his option year will cost next year. The published #s on sports track and OTC are the slotted salary from the old CBA. The new CBA based the option year on prior performance so it can be as high as the franchise tag, then to tag him its 120% first tag, 140% next tag, then maybe a late 3rd round compensatory pick depending upon who we sign. The savings vs an extension, had it been offered, will be minimal. The loss of compensation will be considerable .
    Ramsey brought two first and a fourth rounder last season in the same situation.
    What is most beneficial for the team?

Funny thing is, everytime a player around the league holds out, there are multiple threads to sign that player.

10. K'OB

K'OB 2021 TGG Fantasy Football Champ

I'm sorry I don't agree, for starters that is way too much in reply for what you initially quoted me from and what was really said.

The quote you posted was about the saying 'cutting your nose off to spite your face' you disagreed and then in your reply gave the perfect example of that saying right back to me.

Sitting Adams to fuck him whilst also fucking yourself is cutting your nose off to spite your face, BECAUSE you are FUCKING yourself, it isn't rocket science, it is a really simple saying and that is a perfect example of it right there.

That was all that I was trying to say.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

While I don't want to get bogged down too much in your huge repost because it really has nothing to do with the above in the slightest or the two previous quotes prior to this.

I will, however, have to disagree with you again, getting shot of bad rubbish is not a sign of being weak, it is a sign of somebody willing to take direct action to get a person with a shitty attitude out of their team, you wanted a strong leader after people walked all over Bowles, being disrespectful, late for meetings etc.

But if he decides to get shot of our mouthy star player, hopefully, this leads to some good picks/players coming our way, I couldn't give the slightest fuck if he went to Dallas, Dallas the perennial Superbowl challengers and still they keep failing, it would be funny to see him go there and the Cowboys flop just as we get our shit together in the next 2 or 3 years and sail on by and leaving the whiny little fuck to ponder on his error.

I am also not looking for a row either, just explaining why this conversation started :)

#630 K'OB, Jun 24, 2020
    Last edited: Jun 24, 2020
    jonnyd likes this.
  11. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

I don't think he is. Adams just said that so someone will want to trade for him, especially the Dallas Cowgirls who are up against the cap. If he was holding strong on $20 mil a year, nobody would want him and the guy wants to be moved.

Its a ploy, tell em the contract isn't a deal breaker so they can trust you'd show up. But everyone knows he would negotiate for money with his new team

12. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Well-Known Member

Per Wyatt

rammagen likes this.
  13. NYJFOREVER

NYJFOREVER Well-Known Member

Gimme some of what you're smoking.

We should instantly build a statue in Douglas's honor if we get that offer.

James Hasty and NYJalltheway like this.
  14. James Hasty

James Hasty Well-Known Member

If the Cowboys offered Collins and a six pack of Milwaukee's Best I would help Adams pack and drive him to the airport.

15. MJK

MJK Well-Known Member

So Wyatt was wrong when he said Gase was a great hire and McCarthy is trash? lol Dumbest opinion ever.

16. SOJAZ

SOJAZ Well-Known Member

That my friend is a big IF... if you think the rest of the players aren't watching your fooling yourself. IMHO he has already affected the team , i.e., neg press and the FO (I am sure they are not please with his machinations). And frankly, I am a little surprise that as a JET fan your not in the least bit upset (even mildly based on your post) that this guy who (had had a tantrum last year and acted like a juvenile) opening rubs the teams nose in it via social media and then states his desire to be a DC to a DALLAS fans...

Just curious, as a fan what does it take for you to get annoyed?

KurtTheJetsFan likes this.
  17. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

Anyone who has paid attention the last 5 years just assumed this was the case.

TonyFtLaud likes this.
  18. JETS1116

JETS1116 Well-Known Member

I have a friend who is a private investigator. He has some good stories. A guy claiming disability while wearing a neck brace, only to follow him to Six Flags on the weekend to take pictures of him riding every roller coaster in the park.

If he's going to fake an injury, he has to be 100% committed to faking it 24/7.

19. azhar80

azhar80 Well-Known Member

Go to 2:24 on this video. Gase talks abt Adam's. This let's us know either Manish the Rat, or Adam's is the one creating the rift. I dont really like Gase, and I like Adam's on the field. But this "rift" is planned to get Adams a trade or get paid.
    Adam's was all sensitive when the Jets took a call on a "Potential" trade now hes on social media crying for one.
    This situation sucks. Adams is a good/great player with a horrible way of handling these contract talks.

20. rammagen

rammagen Well-Known Member

This is the point Gase is looking like the issue. I wonder what the Gase supporters now say in the face of this and Miami. People willing to say he has learned may be very wrong. If this is true then Fire gase already it is clear he has not learned his lesson from Miami and was a bad hire from the start. now he is possibly the reason why a young all pro player does not want to be here. That is not on the gm or the player but looks Gase strikes again. The owner needs to step in and make sure this is resolved

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.