This Joe D guy doesn’t look half bad, eh?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Brook!, May 23, 2020.

1. Donttasemebro

Donttasemebro Well-Known Member

quincy is pretty much gone so i think that problem has solved itself

2. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

There's also a Quincy Wilson (CB) that will likely make the team.

3. TwoHeadedMonster

TwoHeadedMonster Well-Known Member

And as soon as we think we've got it solved, we'll draft Quincy Quagmire Quartermayne, Quarterback, Quinnipiac University

NYJFOREVER, Brook!, themorey and 4 others like this.
  4. Donttasemebro

Donttasemebro Well-Known Member

that's right...my bad...forgot about him

NCJetsfan likes this.
  5. NCJetsfan

No problem. It's easy to have forgotten about him. It's not like we've had a bunch of news about him or ever seen him in a Jets uniform. He was only acquired during the last round of the draft. The only reason it stuck in my mind is that I liked him when he was in the draft a few years ago and wanted the Jets to draft him. Then when we traded for him, I had (and still have) hopes that he could nail down our #2 CB position.

Donttasemebro likes this.
  6. tomdeb

tomdeb Well-Known Member

Having a GM who on draft day recognizes that the OL is the position that requires the most players per snap is a refreshing change.

Imagesrdecieving and PJ4Ever like this.
  7. tomdeb

tomdeb Well-Known Member

I think Douglas had a great draft. But, if I was forced to complain, I would not have reached for QB Morgan in round 4 and would have drafted another WR--there were plenty there at that time. As you wrote, it IS a weak group going into 2020.

KurtTheJetsFan and PJ4Ever like this.
  8. JetsAreBadForYourHealth

JetsAreBadForYourHealth Well-Known Member

that may have had something to do with the Patriots loving Morgan (granted the Jets did their work on him too) but I think NE definitely had eyes for him and wanted to draft him.

He's a smart kid that's for sure. Very hard worker. A guy who needs to develop but far from a total long shot.

9. phill1c

phill1c Member

I really don't see a WR taken in this position ousting what we already have, Smith and Berrios, who I think are as good as we need, just need a better OL and running game. EVERY WR with size and speed looks great when Mahomes and KC is throwiing the rock. The Jets have plenty of talent at the skill positions, they just need reps...they showed flashes last year. and the measurables are there.

10. Couldnt disagree more w any of this.Kc WRs look good bc they ARE good.Andy Reid has a great eye for offensive talent. They have great Skill,OL & the best QB.

Jets WRs are among the worst in the NFL if NOT the worst.

NCJetsfan likes this.
  11. phill1c

phill1c Member

Ok, agree to disagree.

KC wins because they have the best QB in football, a guy who can throw it from all angles as well as who can run for many yards and who makes clutch plays. We got Sam Darnold, who even he makes great plays is making the wrong play.

And we had a sh!t offensive line, which wouldn't allow any semblance of a passing game until late in the year. That said, we won 7 games, mostly because the OL and Darnold played better. If we can get more consistency and domination up front the WRs, who actually have size and speed, may be better than you think. I liked what I saw from Smith and Berrios. I like the Perriman's recent numbers and he is big and fast. We drafted a guy who's big and fast. That's four WRs already. I don't see a guy taken in the 4th round immediately supplanting any of those players.

The lack of a passing game was squarely on the OL and QB. The Jets WRs are fine with much better play from both of those units.

Mogriffjr likes this.
  12. PJ4Ever

PJ4Ever Well-Known Member

Your belief in Douglas has been shattered? Already? He’s done a phenomenal job.

13. PJ4Ever

PJ4Ever Well-Known Member

My thing on the Douglas/WR debate..can’t fix everything in one offseason. Would I have drafted Bryan Edwards in the 3rd? Yes. Douglas earned the benefit of the doubt after the brilliant first 2 picks imo. I’m so excited about Mims and think Bekton was the right pick. And what was he supposed to do at WR in FA? Perriman May be an upgrade and is at least similar to RA. Doctson a decent flier. He’ll draft or acquire a couple more next year.

Mogriffjr likes this.
  14. NCJetsfan

It was for a brief time following the draft. I think he has done an excellent job except for the WR position, and imo that was one of the most important positions in need of addressing in the offseason. I love the Mims pick, and liked the Perriman signing, but another WR should have been drafted imo.

15. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

FA isn’t over yet. We will add at least 1 more vet maybe even trade for a very good one. Joe isn’t done yet.

16. tomdeb

tomdeb Well-Known Member

Totally agree. IMO he should have used the Morgan pick on a WR. One of his few missteps in the draft.

17. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Well-Known Member

IMO adding a one more WR to the room shouldn’t drastically change how the corps look, and I’m saying that as of now. Whether it was in the 4th round where the WR talent was still good but dwindling, or a vet. The WR corps is mediocre but I do like the speed and size aspect currently. Also the UDFA’s May make an impact, again both Cager and the other kid have either size or speed.

18. NCJetsfan

I actually really like the Morgan pick, but that is one that could have been used on a WR.

In terms of need and talent, I probably would have taken Bryan Edwards or Lynn Bowden with pick #79 instead of Jabari Zuniga, even though I think Zuniga could be a good player for us. If not, with one of the 4th round picks I'd have taken either Gabriel Davis or Antonio Gandy-Golden. I like the Morgan and Clarke picks, so if I could swap out one pick, it probably would be the Lamichal Perine pick #120. I'd probably take Morgan there, and then take Davis or Gandy-Golden at #125

tomdeb likes this.
  19. NCJetsfan

I sure hope that you're right! I like your optimism!

Brook! likes this.
  20. phill1c

phill1c Member

I just think that the 4th round talent available was not going to make or break the WR corps. And I don't think it's nearly as bad as some people believe. Now, the OL, THAT was as bad or worse than the perception.

Also, many a great WR was obtained at the end of training camps. So, not understanding the hand wringing.

Aero likes this.