ESPN: Jamal Adams Requests a Trade from Jets

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by KingRoach, May 26, 2020.

?

Would you Trade Adams and a 3rd to the Browns for OBJ and their ‘21 1st

1. Yes

23.5%
  2. No

75.8%
  3. I would trade Adams for Kyle Shanahan

0.7%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KWJetsFan

KWJetsFan Well-Known Member

At this point, I'm convinced Adams is a snake in the grass. If we keep him, he'll want to avoid the fines. I bet he shows up to camp and quickly develops one of those pesky, nagging, lingering, hamstring issues.

The Dark Knight likes this.
  2. But is the fact that Jamal has made it very public which teams..more specifically one team he wants to play act as the great leverage equalizer in the Jets favor?

I think the Jets can use Dallas & Adams mutual interest against them.

SOJAZ likes this.
  3. Cliv Clav

Cliv Clav Active Member

Wow! Openly telling the public he is trying to get traded to Dallas. Ironically his handling of the situation is the reason it will make a trade to any team more difficult as less will be offered to us now for a trade.

It is so insulting telling the Jets he will play for another team on his rookie deal but wants a massive raise to stay in New York!!

He has to go. I can’t see any fan wanting him around. His presence will now also poison his team mates against him or against the team.

SOJAZ likes this.
  4. alleycat9

alleycat9 Well-Known Member

because like you i have no idea what kind of a person he actually is. i dont follow his every word on twitter even though i follow him and havent ever really seen him say anything all that crazy. i dont have to agree with the way he is trying to do what HE thinks is best for him just like i am not going to go to the "forum about where kurt works" and shit on the job you do. or how you deal with your contracts or job performance reviews.

i dont know why we all have to be so up in arms every time a guy does something other than exactly what we want. i dont have problems with players at this point doing what they feel is right for them. whether it works out perfect for them or not thats their journey. and as a fan i have no fucking right whatsoever to be mad about it. if he plays well on the field and doesnt cause major rifts in the locker room then he can do and say whatever he wants on social media. at least he has the balls to go out there and express himself using his real name and showing his real feelings. for all of us stans to judge him about.

its the fucking jets, watch the games, enjoy them, the team has sucked for the entirety of our lifetimes and jamal adams isnt fucking ruining anything because he has demands about contracts or wanting to get traded. fuck man we dont get a trophy when the jets win.

Mr mittens likes this.

5. Nobody is attacking Jamal personally.And if they are theyre wrong. He has every right to be greedy.He has every right to be selfish.cBut we as fans have the right to be upset,boo him & the like. When you bring social media into the equation,the way he has w this fan base.. im sorry you cant be surprised by the reaction.Jamal created this mess for himself & deserves some public backlash from Jet fans. There will be a point where it goes too far or enough is enough.But we arent there yet.

#605 KurtTheJetsFan, Jun 23, 2020
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 24, 2020
  6. jetophile

jetophile Bruce Coslet's Daughter

The real issue at this point is that he does not want to be here. He pretty much said it. Just another reason not to pay someone who admitted they don't want to be here. So it goes like this: "Pay me, I don't want to be here." "OK, Jamal, we decided to meet your ransom demands even though you don't want to be here." Answer to this conundrum: kick him in his ass.

There's a big difference between Carl Lewis saying I'm the fastest man in the world and Jamal Adams saying I'm the best Safety in the world. It's nonsensical to parse it any longer. I was a big fan of his off the field as well as on it. I'll live.

#606 jetophile, Jun 23, 2020
    Last edited: Jun 23, 2020
    KurtTheJetsFan likes this.
  7. Vida

Vida Active Member

So glad I didn't get an Adams jersey now

8. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

No one forces them to play in the NFL. If they don't want to have to go to the team that drafted them, they can sit out for a year. By being drafted or signed as a UDFA, they have the opportunity to make a LOT more money than they ever could make in two lifetimes, and they get to play a game that most of them love. They also get 4-5 months off a year from practices and games. They get treated by team doctors, fed by the team, can get lucrative endorsement deals, are looked up to and treated like celebrities. The tough life of a professional athlete. I don't know how they bear up under the strain. ;):cool:

#608 NCJetsfan, Jun 23, 2020
    Last edited: Jun 23, 2020
  9. NCJetsfan

By sitting out those two years he loses those accrued years of service. He would be totally stupid to do that.

10. NCJetsfan

Not necessarily. If Adams has to sit for a year or two, he isn't going to get the top safety contract in the NFL, and if he sits and continues to whine and act like an ass, nobody will want him, and even teams that might won't give him anywhere near what he wants. That would greatly hurt and frustrate Adams. Yes, the Jets would suffer some by not getting a big return, but in the end, Adams represents one draft pick. It would hurt the Jets a lot less than it did taking Adams over Mahomes.

#610 NCJetsfan, Jun 23, 2020
    Last edited: Jun 24, 2020
  11. Longsuffering88

Longsuffering88 Well-Known Member

I’d love to see him sit for 2 years out of principle

But don’t see that happening and probably stupid as might hurt our shit reputation even worse....

Dump him

RochesterJet likes this.
  12. Jake

Jake Well-Known Member

Hopefully you're right. The resolution of this situation will tell us a lot about JD. If we could get a very good starting OL or WR (Collins or Gallup) plus a 1st I'd have to view it as a good deal.

I also think not paying a Safety $15m+/per year is a win itself, that capital should go to the offense imo.

Are we still waiting for "his side of the story" as Cromartie alluded to the other day or did I miss it?

LAJet and KurtTheJetsFan like this.
  13. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

And of course the cap is likely shrinking next year. I don't think anybody is getting the money they think they're worth for the next season or two. The Jets best move might be to find a fast trade outside the conference for a #1 and a cheap piece that will help them this year and next. Let Adams and the new team work through what the new cap realities are.

With the history at this point I think the Jets are unlikely to be able to untangle this negotiation. Really, with the history of Adams trying to make himself an out-sized presence off the field I don't think the Jets should try to reconcile the situation with him. He's always going to be a me-first player and loud about it on social media. That kind of personality is very disruptive to a team's chances to build a winning culture.

Belichik traded Chandler Jones because the Giants gave Olivier Vernon a 5 yr/$85M deal. He knew that set Jones market and he knew that he couldn't pay that price and so he proactively swung a deal to get back a former top 10 pick and a #2 from the Cardinals.

The Jets are in the same situation with Adams. Eddie Jackson's 4 yr/$58M deal set the market for Adams and the Jets can't pay that price. They need to find the escape deal now that salvages some real value for them before things get out of hand.

They can wait until they're up against the wall after the season but that's likely not the best way to resolve the situation. Adams is a whinger and he's loud and that never plays out well in the NY media market. Too many people have agendas and audiences to satisfy and the noise can roll an organization in a very short period of time.

#613 Br4d, Jun 24, 2020
    Last edited: Jun 24, 2020
  14. K'OB

K'OB 2021 TGG Fantasy Football Champ

I don't understand why it is always portrayed as a bad look for JD, you could easily call it...

JD isn't standing for any of this diva nonsense, it isn't required at the new look Jets.

15. K'OB

That is the very definition of cutting your nose off to spite your face?

And really the whole point of my previous post tbh

Letting him sit fucks both parties, it doesn't matter at that point who gets fucked most, just that both are.

We do not have the strength in depth in this squad to lose a good deal we would net by trading the gobby shite asap or whenever the best time to trade a player is.

JetsNation06 and Br4d like this.
  16. JetsNation06

JetsNation06 Well-Known Member

Reading some posts here saying screw Adams and make him sit out 2 years if he's unhappy. While I agree that Adams should go F himself having him sit out 2 years only hurts the Jets as well.

This is about doing what's best for the Jets more than it is about any personal grudge with Adams. Doing what's best is getting the best trade haul possible for him. Forget any personal vendettas and think big picture about what helps the Jets the most. I've already said it a few times in this thread but I'll say it once more.

Trade him now.

K'OB likes this.
  17. Cromartie's_kid

Cromartie's_kid Well-Known Member

I think the point is you let him sit if other teams are lowballing you or you don’t get a good enough offer. He won’t sit - that means he doesn’t get paid, gets fines and does not accrue a year that he needs towards free agency.

18. zace

zace Well-Known Member

2 ones and he's gone.

I guarantee if that happens, this team will be the team to beat. I honestly don't think paying him is best for the Jets at all. Look at how well they played down the stretch on defense with nobodies.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

19. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

to be fair the title of this thread is kind of a shot at Adams personally.

but also to be fair... he deserves it :)

NYJFOREVER likes this.
  20. K'OB

They needed to articulate it better then, like what you have just done.

So that is a fair point but I believe there will be some mug willing to trade to our advantage for a top player and let's be honest he is a top player.

If it is to a top team then a first will be worth less the better they are so consequently they would have to offer more to offset that.

1st a 2nd 3rd and maybe a 1st or a 2nd the next year? Not sure that is a goer but a picks and a player deal to the Cowboys would be, 1st and a 3rd and Gallop and try and sting the cunts for another pick from the next year as well.

Again I may be living in cloud cuckoo land and desperately hoping for a deal like that dumb Texans guy trading out his best player for next to no upside lol

ColoradoContrails likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.