ESPN: Jamal Adams Requests a Trade from Jets

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by KingRoach, May 26, 2020.

?

Would you Trade Adams and a 3rd to the Browns for OBJ and their ‘21 1st

1. Yes

23.5%
  2. No

75.8%
  3. I would trade Adams for Kyle Shanahan

0.7%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

Just unloading him for whatever they can get is the worst thing they can do. They either have to get a king's ransom for him, or let him sit and pay the price if suspensions, fines, and no playing time, even if that results in his value being diminished. The Jets would be big losers by giving into his demands, much bigger losers in the long run than being without his services for the next couple of years while he wastes away not playing. The reality that he needs to understand is this: the Jets can get by without him, but he can't get by without them.

SOJAZ likes this.
  2. NYJFOREVER

NYJFOREVER Well-Known Member

Hyperbole.

I can't stand people who make everything about them, especially in sports, so I was being extra.

alleycat9 and KurtTheJetsFan like this.
  3. Plenty of us are angry. We have every right to be. Jamal opens himself up to brash judgement by constantly posting on social media.What you give is what you get.

in what world are we as fans suddenly not allowed to feel emotion? Further why are you defending an extremely selfish,inconsiderate greedy clown?

SOJAZ and BudJet like this.
  4. ColoradoContrails

What's best for the Jets in the long run is to send a clear message that this kind of attempted blackmail won't work. They should've done that with Revis and Wilkerson, and that led to this nonsense. With or without Adams the Jets aren't going to the SB this year, so if they can't get a big return for him in a trade, then I say let him sit and see his value plummet - the Jets can afford that much more than he can.

SOJAZ, RochesterJet, Br4d and 7 others like this.
  5. ColoradoContrails

Not really weird when you think about it. Despite all his words, his actions have always said to me that he didn't want to be on a perennial loser like the Jets.

egelband and Br4d like this.
  6. BudJet

BudJet Well-Known Member

I agree, the worst thing we can do is cave in to his wishes. JD is going to use this as an example to the whole team so players & their agents know that these kind of demands won't work with this regime. You can bet Darnold & Williams won't ask for new contracts after year 3 if they know Adams tried & it didn't work.

7. ColoradoContrails

It's impossible for us outside to know, but human nature being what it is, lockerooms aren't immune to jealousy, even if it isn't expressed openly. Hard to say how much if any of that exists in their L.R., but as this drags on it's more likely to rear its ugly head.

8. ColoradoContrails

The Jets could make him sit out for TWO years, plus fines for refusing to play. By the time he could go to another team he wouldn't be able to get anywhere near what he thinks he's worth. The Jets hold all the cards here.

egelband, Ralebird, SOJAZ and 2 others like this.
  9. ColoradoContrails

The ONLY draft picks involved in an Adams trade had better be the ones the Jets get in return. Your love for Jerry Jeudy is obsessive.

10. NYJFOREVER

Spot on here.

Joe Douglas has the opportunity to make a strong statement here. Either this behavior will get you a new contract, or this behavior will get you shipped off at the earliest convenience. Whatever he does, the statement will be heard.

SOJAZ and ColoradoContrails like this.
  11. ColoradoContrails

I get your point, but even a mediocre performance from a QB is of more impact than ANY other player. They touch the ball on every play for one thing. I'm not saying Polamalu and Harris weren't big factors - bigger than Adams will likely ever be - but still, a QB is the the most important position on a team.

PJ4Ever likes this.
  12. K'OB

K'OB 2021 TGG Fantasy Football Champ

That is the definition of cutting your nose off to spite your face, his plummeting value will hurt us far more than Adams, the man has already got 22m in the bank.

I know you said 'if they can't' but let's face it somebody will cough up something decent for him, it is how low we go to before it becomes unacceptable.

Everybody would take the 1st, 2nd and another offer, what is the lowest you would take that would still look a good deal for us?

1st and 2 3rd's for example?

13. ColoradoContrails

Well I disagree that they HAVE TO trade him, although I wouldn't be surprised if they feel compelled to do so even though I believe that approach is wrong.

But to answer your question, it would somewhat depend on who they're trading with and where the draft picks would likely be - top 5, top 10, 11-20, etc. If I was offered a top 5 pick I would also want a high 2nd or two high thirds, or possibly the next year's 1st. If I was offered something in the 11+ range I would want a 2nd and a starting caliber player, maybe two 3rds and a starting caliber player. IOW, a boatload.

And while I really wouldn't want to reward Adams by letting him got to Dallas, if we got that kind of return I wouldn't say no.

K'OB likes this.
  14. K'OB

K'OB 2021 TGG Fantasy Football Champ

Of course, we don't have to but we would be just stupid to pass up on what we will receive for Adams, I don't want him rewarded either tbh but all I really care about is making us a better team, obviously letting Adams go will worsen us, unless Davis is special and then it may be slaps on the back all round and a boatload of extra picks for a guy who looks like he can use them.

15. dmw

dmw Well-Known Member

With Douglas's savvy drafting, if they only get a couple of 3rd round picks for J$m$l, it would probably be a good deal.

16. It’s about showing a backbone & not letting him dictate. Let the new CBA do its thang.

One of 2 things happen..

A.Jets get the draft haul they need to fix the team even w Adams exit

B.Jamal’s hand is forced & he either plays or he doesnt.If he doesnt his market is greatly affected.

17. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

I read a Cowboys offer that I think I would accept for Jamal Adams: 2021 1st Round Pick, WR Michael Gallup and SS Ha Ha Clinton Dix.

You plug Adams' hole with Clinton Dix. You improve the offense with a solid WR in Gallup, and you get a 1st Round pick in 2021. Seems fair to me.

SOJAZ, themorey, K'OB and 1 other person like this.
  18. Jake

Jake Well-Known Member

Zero chance they give that much. I'd settle for La'ell Collins + a 1st at this point. Collins would slide in at RT and our OL would actually become a strength in less than a calendar year.

It's going to be hard to get the return we want when the player is publicly unhappy.

19. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

Yeah, true. That is probably why it was the first potential offer I read that I would accept. :D I would accept that Collins offer too. It won't be that hard to get the offer the Jets want, because if they don't get it, then he just stays put.

20. NYJFOREVER

If they trade him before the season, it’s a bad look for JD. If they’re going to move him it’ll most likely come by the trade deadline.

I don’t think JD moves him though.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.