ESPN: Jamal Adams Requests a Trade from Jets

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by KingRoach, May 26, 2020.

?

Would you Trade Adams and a 3rd to the Browns for OBJ and their ‘21 1st

1. Yes

23.5%
  2. No

75.8%
  3. I would trade Adams for Kyle Shanahan

0.7%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jetophile

jetophile Bruce Coslet's Daughter

Go vote!

2. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

Troy Polamalu was All-Pro in 2005 and 2008 when the Steelers won their two recent trophies. He was NFL Defensive MVP in 2010 when they lost in the SB. He's probably the best example of a SS dominating play in the NFL in the SB era.

That said you could make an argument (a strong one) that James Harrison was the best player on that defense in all 3 years.

Both of them likely had a stronger effect than Ben Roethlisberger on the SB seasons.

3. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

Newsflash: the teams that pay them don't win a lot of championships, generally declining after the fact.

You know how good J.J. Watt was before he got paid? You know what the Texan's prospects looked like when they had him on his first deal?

Big contracts help players not teams. This is a lesson that nobody but Belichik has taken to heart and guess who has been the great team of the last two decades? The team that values the team over individual players.

4. jetophile

jetophile Bruce Coslet's Daughter

It's fan me and feed me grapes. I feel so disrespected.

tomdeb likes this.
  5. alleycat9

alleycat9 Well-Known Member

this is one of those things most people dont think about. and i know i have been infuriated at guys who didnt want to go certain places. and i probably shouldnt be. shit i dont want to work certain places so i dont put in for jobs in those places, these guys really dont get that choice unless they can get it in their contract that they have a no trade clause with specific locations that they decide fit them.. but getting drafted really is a crap shoot. hey guy who was always on the west coast, welcome to buffalo :)

K'OB likes this.
  6. themorey

themorey Well-Known Member

Funny, I was just thinking last night that this cunt is following the AB method to get his way. I wonder if he's threatened to punch Joe D yet?

7. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

yup, Marshawn Lynch thought he was going to "New York"

“I didn’t know what to expect, I just knew I was going to New York,”
    Lynch told E:60. “I thought I was gonna be out there with Jay-Z, and then when I finally landed in Buffalo… [there was] slush on the ground."

https://nesn.com/2013/10/marshawn-l...part-of-new-york-city-when-bills-drafted-him/

ColoradoContrails and alleycat9 like this.
  8. NYJFOREVER

NYJFOREVER Well-Known Member

He'll show up and fake an injury that can't be detected with any sort of imagining. Think Jalen Ramsey and his miraculous back injury that went away when he got traded to LAR.

alleycat9 likes this.
  9. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

Hes gonna fake it for 2 years? It could get really ugly if they prove its fake and if they send him home?

10. NYJFOREVER

Then let him rot.

I could care less about this egotistical POS. Teams will know he's faking it and it only looks worse on him; he definitely won't get his payday by doing that.

SOJAZ and Imagesrdecieving like this.
  11. 101GangGreen101

Unless I get the deal I want in terms of a trade, he's here for next season. If he wants to stay home then it's going to cost him a lot of money, and an accrued season towards FA. You can only fake an injury so long.

Im glad JD / Gase / G Williams aren't saying anything, get the team ready for next season.

Vida, FJF and ColoradoContrails like this.
  12. Quinnenthebeast

Quinnenthebeast Well-Known Member

Adams the beast seemed like a sure thing :/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MoWilkBeast likes this.
  13. NYJFOREVER

Silent treatment is good, don't say a word and let him whine on social media all day long.

I don't think the Jets are moving him, at least not this season.

SOJAZ, Vida, FJF and 2 others like this.
  14. 101GangGreen101

its tough to separate the franchise and players during these incidents (who is wrong, who is right), players come and go and I hope they stay but at the end of the day I live and die for this cursed franchise. As I get older, I start to see it more clearly. I stopped buying jerseys a long time ago ...

FJF, ColoradoContrails and westiedog1 like this.
  15. TonyFtLaud

TonyFtLaud Well-Known Member

Your welcome. I am sure his fathers injury and how it was mishandled has a major impact on his mindset. Watching what happened to 2 teammates last year surely impacted his mindset as well. The injury his dad suffered is why he plays defense. He wanted to play and his father told him, if your going to play, your going to play defense. You're going to be the one who is hitting and not the one that is getting hit.
    I realize he has gotten paid, I also realize hes likely cleared about $12 million out of that $22 million. Still more than most will see in a lifetime but, in my opinion you cant put a price on health.
    The players are not paid the money the recieve for the permanent injuries they suffer or the risk of catastrophic injuries. They command the salaries because of the revenue they generate for the team. Star athletes fill the stands, bring TV and streaming viewers. The Jets had $489 million in revenue last year.There are no shortage of Adam's Jerseys in the seats on Sunday. He is the best player on the roster .He is worth more than his current contract. He will get paid, it's just a matter of where.
    Not everyone has the same earning potential but everyone has the right to maximize their value. No one on this board can honestly say they would reuse a raise or accept less pay than their equals because the lesser amount is enough.

16. BudJet

BudJet Well-Known Member

I would bet Adams contacted Dallas at the deadline and told them he wanted out of Jets & wanted to play for them, hence the cowboys called JD to make an offer. when it didn't go through Adams used it as fuel for the fire to get out of NY. Adams is using that as the basis for his plan to get out of NY. In short , he was pissed he wasn't traded to the cowboys at the deadline. now he is in plan B, asking for a trade. Next will be plan C, hold out of camp. If a player doesn't show up for camp he gets fined & looses a year of accrued playing time twards free agency and we would have control of him for another year. Hope JD just holds out doesn't make any move unless he gets a blockbuster trade offer. Time is on our side, we have control of him for 4 years at a lower cost than he's asking for. I like that JD hasn't commented on all the Adams BS and get drawn into the game Adams is trying to create. Let Adams cry till he gets dehydrated and starts cramping up. Adams, this is Joe Douglas not Mike Mac your dealing with. Mac would have caved in long ago, but JD is gonna play hard ball.

#576 BudJet, Jun 23, 2020
    Last edited: Jun 23, 2020
  17. Then dont play pro football..go get a real job like the rest of us. Thats the choice,right?

Rewarding selfishness,empowering greed & victimizing me first MILLIONAIRES is BAD for the game & BAD for society.

You’re entitled to your opinion.I understand the perspective..but enough is enough.Its pure unrelented greed. Why feed the fire?

Again..dont like the occupational hazard? Cant accept its a team sport? Cant accept theres no platform w no league & no league w.o teams? Go flip burgers,go to medical school or get a desk job like the rest of us.And maybe learn how to manage your money?

18. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

That makes sense to me. When he was all upset that they listened to trade offers it did seem quite contrived. Very quickly after that there were Cowboys rumors, I don't think that was a coincidence

ColoradoContrails and BudJet like this.
  19. NYJFOREVER

For the people talking about the Cowboys tampering; if I'm not mistaken, the reason why the NFL hasn't done anything is because there is actually an exemption for statements that come from social media accounts because you cannot prove who sent the tweet or made the post. Obviously if it's an official statement from say Jerry Jones, it would be tampering.

20. alleycat9

alleycat9 Well-Known Member

all the anger towards a guy you dont even know... its unhealthy man. nobody cares that you are this angry theres literally no point to it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.