ESPN: Jamal Adams Requests a Trade from Jets

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by KingRoach, May 26, 2020.

?

Would you Trade Adams and a 3rd to the Browns for OBJ and their ‘21 1st

1. Yes

23.5%
  2. No

75.8%
  3. I would trade Adams for Kyle Shanahan

0.7%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Imagesrdecieving

Imagesrdecieving Well-Known Member

I agree about the radio silence coming from the Jets. It's absolutely the right way to handle this.

Let him cry all he wants. That's the only play he has.

Keep working the phones. Set your value and stick to it. JD can't afford to be emotional about this the way us fans are.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

2. MJK

MJK Well-Known Member

They don't care it's a me society all these guys are the same way....the league is a complete turn off right now.

3. Jedi mind tricks

Jedi mind tricks Well-Known Member

I'm tired of players acting like being on the Jets is a prison. Man it's a privilege to be on any NFL team. I've been in the "just wait" camp but he's legit talking like he's no longer on the team.

Get the best haul we can and let him go. I want players and coaches who want to be here

NYJalltheway likes this.
  4. Imagesrdecieving

I also don't think we have to worry about him poisoning our locker room either. I'm pretty sure that he's done more than enough to warrant a suspension at this point. I'm pretty confident he'll never see the inside of the Jets locker room again.

5. jetophile

jetophile Bruce Coslet's Daughter

Agreed. When they kick him in his ass they really need to kick him in his ass. I feel as if I already said something like this in a parallel universe. Wait, it was a few pages back, so there you have it, a parallel universe.

I wish we all had something to really talk about as far as the NFL season is concerned. Instead of talking about Training Camp, we're talking about nonsense and the same cyclical crap over and over again because there's nothing else to talk about.

It's not your fault and has nothing to do with you, but I have to blame someone . . . So, anyway, what's your address so I can drive over and punch you in the face?

twown likes this.
  6. KWJetsFan

KWJetsFan Well-Known Member

Here's my worry. And it's a hypothetical but might be of some concern.
    Let's say the Bengals agree to give the Jets two first-rounders for him. The Jets think that is a fair trade. However, Adams tells the Bengals that he has absolutely no intention of playing for them even if they are willing to give him the money he was initially looking for. The Bengals are obviously not going to do that deal knowing he's not going to play for them. They would surely want some type of verbal agreement from Adams. Would he be willing to sit out a year in exchange for forcing the Jets to trade him to a team he wants to play for? He might force the Jets hand to take a crappier trade deal.

7. NYJalltheway

NYJalltheway Well-Known Member

It's so weird that we have Bell, after he pulled the same thing on a different team. I love having him on the team, even though he was a headache for Pittsburgh. It's some last of us shit.

8. Imagesrdecieving

The current CBA makes it almost impossible to sit out a year.

Between the fines and the loss of service time it's just not worth it.

Also to those who are saying we should make it a priority to trade him to a lesser destination... I get where you are coming from but it doesn't help us and possibly hurts us.

Our reputation with players and agents is neutral at best, pushover losers at worst. Do we really want to add petty to that resume? The best stance that we could take is that we are solely interested in doing what is best for the Jets organization. When possible we will try to help players - even if it's on the way out. I think that JD has the clout and respect to pull that off without looking like a pushover. The NFL like all businesses is all about relationships.

9. Imagesrdecieving

Bell was in a different situation. He wasn't under contract. He sat out a year rather than sign the Franchise tender as was his contractual right. I also don't remember him pulling this social media diva shit either.

10. NYJalltheway

That's a good point. Thanks for the reminder. Also during the trade rumors, Adams was pissy, and Bell was calm, and cool about it. Food for thought.

KurtTheJetsFan likes this.
  11. blackssmagic

blackssmagic Well-Known Member

I haven't seen anyone ask this or talk about this aspect. His father played in the league and I am curious what he has to say about the way Jamal is handling things

12. twown

twown Well-Known Member

You are right to be concerned!

Hell, even if Adams agrees, the Bengals -- indeed any team that can't immediately and consistently contend for a ring -- would have to worry about him doing something unpredictable, all the while chewing up a huge amount of cap room. Shit, even if his team IS contending, he might start bitching about some perceived slight or problem that only he can see.

(The human ego does not achieve its goal and then chill. It cools off for a bit, but then it wants more. We all have an ego whether we like it or not, and that's the nature of ego. First it wants to survive. If it survives, it wants to thrive. If it thrives, it wants power. If it gets power, look out. The person with that ego had better be a grown-up or there's going to be trouble.)

rohirrim665 and KWJetsFan like this.
  13. KWJetsFan

KWJetsFan Well-Known Member

This is where I'm at. I don't care where we trade him to, but he needs to go. As long as the trade makes sense for the Jets and they get the most possible picks and talent for him, I say do it.

#533 KWJetsFan, Jun 22, 2020
    Last edited: Jun 22, 2020
    NCJetsfan and Imagesrdecieving like this.
  14. CotcheryFan

CotcheryFan 2018 ROTY Poster Award Winner

Either Bell changed for the better or he wasn't the cancer some thought he was in Pittsburgh. My guess is it's the latter.

15. NYJalltheway

Or he got his money, and now he's a good boy.

16. dawinner127

dawinner127 Well-Known Member

He would love to go play with his boy Burrow after winning that program a chip. He can go in to claim he’s a winner as well for just going to LSU.

FJF likes this.
  17. MJK

MJK Well-Known Member

I think a big problem here is these young guys live in social media and watch these low IQ debate shows on ESPN. The same shows that use certain teams or players to bash over and over for lazy hot takes.

18. twown

twown Well-Known Member

What's mostly likely is Leveon deserved his share of blame for the problems in Pittsburgh, but he's a smart guy so he learned a lesson in the process. Jamal's a smart guy too. That's why, at age 24, he thinks he has nothing to learn.

And yet he's unhappy. Imagine that dude -- a bright, good-looking guy with bags of charisma and the talent of 100 men, talent that just happens to translate perfectly in this particular universe to tens of millions of dollars -- being so unhappy. Tell me he isn't going to learn some shit.

19. Jerryjeudy

Jerryjeudy Active Member

Trade him and however many draft picks it takes for Jerry Jeudy

Trade 1 HOFer for another HOFer more important for Sam’s development

20. CotcheryFan

CotcheryFan 2018 ROTY Poster Award Winner

A player who hasn't played a down in the NFL is a HOFer? That's funny.

ColoradoContrails and FJF like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.