How would the 2020 Jets look WITHOUT Jamal Adams?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by The Dark Knight, Jun 21, 2020.

1. ukjetsfan

ukjetsfan Well-Known Member

It would be kind of ironic if the guy who was constantly lobbying for the Jets to bring in big-money free agents is shown the door because they can't afford to sign him to a big contract.

How many big contracts did you think the team could carry, Jamal?

I'm sick of his act now and I've changed my mind on him. I hope the Jets trade him and get a nice return in players and/or draft picks. Yes, we will be losing a really good player, but the guy is a clown who will never be happy. Let him go and be someone else's headache.

The Dark Knight likes this.
  2. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member

But can we survive w/o GW? Maybe we need to give him a raise!

3. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

Yeah, I agree with all of that.
    Yeah, I would not mind extending Gregg Williams. He did more with less last year. Really impressed how he handled the D with all it's weaknesses and injuries.

4. SOJAZ

SOJAZ Well-Known Member

I have never disagree with you but I feel I have too. There have been to many times where his coverage has been
    Couldn't agree more... its about the team not any individual. I believe, JD is handling this appropriately. he is being professional and has restated his position a couple of times. Not buckling proves, at least to me, that he is the right guy to turn this franchise around. If Adams wants to whine send him some cheese....

AS for our HC, your right on. If this O ranks in the bottom tier of the league again and essentially is no better with all the upgrades; then, he is part of the problem (which I think he is but...) and not part of the solution.

NCJetsfan likes this.
  5. Skicats

Skicats Well-Known Member

They would sound a lot less whiny.

boozer32 likes this.
  6. Skicats

Why do the Jets "Have to" trade him? He is under the Jets power for 2 more years.

ColoradoContrails and boozer32 like this.
  7. boozer32

boozer32 Well-Known Member

How would the 2020 Jets look WITHOUT Jamal Adams?

Less Whiny

8. boozer32

Classic response.

9. boozer32

I saw some nice pieces the Jets could get from the 49ers. Much better than anything the Cowboys could give up.

The Dark Knight likes this.
  10. JetsNation06

JetsNation06 Well-Known Member

He's not the first nor the last player in NFL history to be unhappy while he's under contract. Would you rather get something in return for him or let him walk and receive nothing in return? That's the question you need to ask. He doesn't want to be here. It's obvious. Ship him the f outta here and get some pieces to help the rebuild.

TonyFtLaud likes this.
  11. JetsNation06

This is the Niners you're talking about. Way smarter than the Cowboys.

12. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

The Niners aren't going to trade for him. I saw something online yesterday that said that they don't have much cap space and have several key players who will need new contracts next offseason, and they're probably going to lose some of them, so need all the draft picks they can get.

13. JetsNation06

Yup that's why I said what I said about them. They have arguably the best FO in football right now. That team is stacked to be a perennial SB contender for at least the next 3 years.

14. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

Teams like that without an elite QB tend to regress sooner than expected.

15. JetsNation06

Less talented rosters have hung around in contention for multiple years without elite QB play. It's not like their QB is bad and he's still fairly young.They have several young stars who haven't even hit their prime yet. Like I said I expect them to be around the top for several years to come.

16. BudJet

BudJet Well-Known Member

We don't have to, & that's what makes all this Adams power play to leave powerless. He doesn't have a leg to stand on.

17. Skicats

You said the Jets have to trade him, but I disagree for the reasons I have stated. It is not obvious he doesn't want to be here. He changes his mind every other day. It is part of the game. The Jets will not move him this year unless they get a lot back, which under the circumstances is unlikely.

18. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

Your message got cut off bub. I'm interested to see your thoughts if you wouldn't mind finishing it.

19. JetsNation06

I guess you didn't understand the context I was using it in. Thought it was pretty clear from the rest of the sentence. I said the longer this drags out that other teams will realize the Jets will have to trade him at that point or risk having him walk in his FA year with getting nothing in return. The guy's been overly outspoken since he's been here. He'll always be varying degrees of distraction as long he's a member of this team. Better to get more for him now than less later.

20. Skicats

I don't disagree that he is a pain in the ass/distraction. He has changed his mind many times as to whether he wants to be a Jet for life, or wants to go now. I think he will be here this tear, good bad indifferent.

JetsNation06 likes this.