ESPN: Jamal Adams Requests a Trade from Jets

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by KingRoach, May 26, 2020.

?

Would you Trade Adams and a 3rd to the Browns for OBJ and their ‘21 1st

1. Yes

23.5%
  2. No

75.8%
  3. I would trade Adams for Kyle Shanahan

0.7%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JetBlue

JetBlue Well-Known Member

I'm sure the player's aren't offended by any of this; in the end every player knows each and every player's primary priority is themselves and they don't fault any player for how they then manifest that priority.

But from an organizational standpoint, regardless of how the player's feel, this would undoubtedly be considered a toxic behavior that could hurt the locker room, not because the player's disagree but because you can't have that "me first" attitude vocalized and become the prevalent message and attitude of the players. team success requires self sacrifice.

2. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

Possibly, yea. I mean none of us know for sure because we aren't in that locker room but clearly he doesn't care much for his current teammates. Usually that's reciprocated.

3. Donttasemebro

Donttasemebro Well-Known Member

you're probably right but with lamb, gallup and cooper there....lot of mouths to feed

4. ConcordeChops

ConcordeChops 2018 International Poster Award Winner

I don't mind Jamal creating unrest to get what he wants - however, any TGG poster that refers to him as "President" should be immediately perma-banned.

5. jonnyd

jonnyd 2007 TGG.com Funniest Poster Award Winner

its nowhere near the point of no return. Thats silly

6. alleycat9

alleycat9 Well-Known Member

deion sanders was considered toxic by many fans. he did ok in winning with multiple teams. i think that having a great locker room is very important but there are tons of guys who have been whats considered toxic and successful. the guy is asking for a trade because he is mad that they had a conversation about trading him last november and do not want to entertain extending him at this point.

unless im missing something, and i follow him on twitter, i dont know what he is doing thats so much more toxic than we see fairly often in the league. hes a top player at his position. hes trying to get himself a new deal and is acting like a bit of a baby about it. i dont know if its really that bad of a situation. and i bet that the pandemic has something to do with it too. i bet he is thinking that revenues will go down after this year because of the pandemic and teams will not be able or willing to spend as much on free agents and wants to get his payday sooner than later.

7. alleycat9

his
    his twitter handle is literally @prez

8. JetBlue

to be fair, Deion won Super Bowls only when he went to two teams who were already Super Bowl contenders without him -- one who had lost two years in a row to the Cowboys in the NFCCG, and then to the Cowboys who had won two Super Bowls in a row a season prior to his arrival, and lost to the 49ers team that Deion played for the year before.

Clearly he was the missing piece to both teams, in which his impact on the locker room was much different than a team that is trying to ascend to being just a winning team.

9. President of Poopie as far as im concerned.

Move over Stewie Griffin

twown likes this.
  10. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

As far as JD is concerned ... well he shouldn't be concerned because JD is under contract for 2 more seasons, if this team takes care of business on the field things change quickly, but I think with him acting taking him business to social media, he won't get the same support from fans and maybe even some of his teammates (particularly the other side of the ball) until he takes his game to the next level.

only a dumbass would sit out, and I don't think JA is that stupid, the CBA has him handcuffed.

ColoradoContrails likes this.
  11. alleycat9

valid point

12. alleycat9

i dont think he will either. it wouldnt make any sense for him to sitout and pay 40k a day.

13. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

the fines will substantially increase also, and here's the kicker, the player will lose an accrued season toward free agency by failing to show up for camp.

JA wanted the new CBA, if he really didn't wanna be here, he wouldn't have supported it, but he did. He sits out, he'll be like 27 or 28 before he gets paid, and you still got the crappy franchise tags. Will his value decrease yeah? but if you aren't getting the offer you want, there is no rush. you dont wanna play, stay home and face the consequences.

I would love the know the story, it ain't serious despite what Cromartie has been saying, hell he came back here a 2nd time.

ColoradoContrails and alleycat9 like this.
  14. TwoHeadedMonster

TwoHeadedMonster Well-Known Member

Huh? The Jets can trade his rights to any team they like.

Adams may then either play for that team or hold out from that team.

15. K'OB

K'OB 2021 TGG Fantasy Football Champ

Huh? Why do you think I asked the question?

Maybe I didn't know a team can trade a player to any team they want, even if the player doesn't want to go to that team.

Tbh I find that quite disgusting.

alleycat9 likes this.
  16. Gremlin

Gremlin Well-Known Member

As a UKer - It has struck me on more then one occasion that in a sport where the issue of racism seems to be a hot topic, The system of having rich white guys owning the 'right to work' of players is a bit odd.

alleycat9 likes this.
  17. TwoHeadedMonster

TwoHeadedMonster Well-Known Member

A traded player doesn't go to jail if he refuses to move, or refuses to play for a team. He just gets to sit at home, or go get a regular job.

Disgusting.

Is the Draft disgusting too? I mean, it is exactly the same thing.

18. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

I'm no longer torn. I wish that JD would say to him, "Fuck you, you immature POS! You can forget being traded to the Cowboys. It will never happen! Their price will be 10x higher than any other team. Right now, you're not getting traded anywhere, and if you open your mouth on social media again or don't show up for TC healthy and playing hard, we're gonna fine the shit out of you. If and when we decide to get rid of your sorry, greedy ass, you will go to the team we choose, and you can bet it will be one of the Lions, Bears or Bengals, or maybe even to a CFL team."

ColoradoContrails likes this.
  19. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

Unless they're a vested veteran, players don't have any say so in where they are traded. They can refuse to report, I guess, but then can be fined out the wazoo.

K'OB likes this.
  20. JetBlue

that's a pretty silly way to describe basic contractual agreements which inherently require both parties to mutually agree to the terms of their employment.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.