ESPN: Jamal Adams Requests a Trade from Jets

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by KingRoach, May 26, 2020.

?

Would you Trade Adams and a 3rd to the Browns for OBJ and their ‘21 1st

1. Yes

23.5%
  2. No

75.8%
  3. I would trade Adams for Kyle Shanahan

0.7%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

Jacksonville. Now.

NCJetsfan and NYJalltheway like this.
  2. Jake

Jake Well-Known Member

La'ell Collins and a pick. OL would go from weakness to strength in less than a calendar year.

3. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

I was with my diehard Cowboys fan father in law and his diehard Cowboys fan best friend today... they were listening to a Cowboys podcast and man, you should hear what they think they can get Jamal for. 1/3 and a backup lineman. 1/5 and a starting CB. Fuck that. If we’re gonna accommodate a dude that doesn’t deserve to be accommodated, we better be getting the farm back.

4. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

Are there rules against this? I feel like the Jets need to get involved with the NFL on this. He is under contract for 2 more years and talking like this. He may need to be suspended or fined at least. Definitely unacceptable and pathetic.

5. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

there are tampering rules but jerry Jones plays Roger Goodell like a puppet so nothing will happen.

A temporary owner that barely speaks vs jerry Jones, not a good situation for jets fans

6. Falco21

Falco21 Well-Known Member

What a fuckin waste of talent.

It is remarkable that he somehow thinks this is good for him and that this entire episode will be good in the long run.

He calls himself a leader? If I am another player in the NFL on another team, ain't no way I want this asshole in my locker room. I don't give a fuck how good you are, openly doing what you're doing because you haven't been offered the contract you want is fuckin pathetic.

Fuck this guy and the horse he rode in on. I'm so fuckin pissed I wasted money on two of his jerseys

7. ConcordeChops

ConcordeChops 2018 International Poster Award Winner

The Jets' radio silence is exactly the right move. Let him bitch on social media.

[​IMG]

8. matt robinson 17

matt robinson 17 Well-Known Member

At this point he is a detriment to the team, you don't want to be here then get lost, get what you can for him, but fuck Jerry Jones I would trade him anywhere else this side of the New England Rats before the Cowshits, Gregg Williams will find a way/scheme to replace him

BrowningNagle likes this.
  9. TwoHeadedMonster

TwoHeadedMonster Well-Known Member

Every day I feel more strongly that Mr. Adams needs to be playing for the Bears or the Lions.

I am much less concerned with getting top value for the player than I am in the value of making sure current and future talent understand where this particular strategy will take their career.

10. K'OB

K'OB 2021 TGG Fantasy Football Champ

There is an old saying cutting your nose off to spite your face.

Letting him rot will not get us anything good back to then replace him, that seems kinda stupid to me.

I understand the principle of not letting him get what he wants but at the end of the day, you have to think about yourself and what is best for the franchise and that is a 1st, a 2nd and a 3rd?

I would take that tomorrow and then hopefully have JD turn that into at least two first-teamers and a back up/prospect.

11. K'OB

K'OB 2021 TGG Fantasy Football Champ

How do you make them go to a team they have no interest in joining?

12. egelband

egelband Well-Known Member

The really weird thing is that the Jets as an organization are fairly obviously moving in the right direction. This isn't a "get me off this sinking ship" deal. It's pure and simple a money play...and at a time like this. Bizarre. Worse than any of the nonsense Revis pulled, for example.

ColoradoContrails, NCJetsfan and FJF like this.
  13. Falco21

If I'm the Cowboys, I want nothing to do with this asshat.

As a Jets fan, if the script was flipped and we were on the other side of this, I would want this franchise to stay far away from a player like this. It is shameful behavior and not the behavior of a self proclaimed "leader". I don't give a fuck how talented he is, he's a safety with an ego the size of a fuckin bus. Fuck this guy.

This is EXACTLY why I don't want guys like OBJ on this roster. I couldn't care less how talented you are if this is the attitude you come with.

14. Falco21

LOL I don't believe this horseshit for a minute.

The blind leading the blind.

This is a money play. It has ABSOLUTELY NOTHING to do with Gase. You can hate Gase or love him, but if anyone thinks this is due to Gase, you are fooling yourself.

Cromartie at least has 1000 kids with 1000 different women. What's Adams excuse? Dickhead

15. NYJFOREVER

NYJFOREVER Well-Known Member

This guy has gone from fan favorite to public enemy #1 in a matter of a couple days. What an IDIOT

The Dark Knight likes this.
  16. BroadwayAaron

Yes I’m sure there’s absolutely no way in hell that a team’s star player could be totally discouraged by the person that is supposed to lead them but has proven to be not worthy of the job for half a decade and throws other players under the bus to the media.

No shit this is about the money but do you think the reports of him willing to wait on a contract extension if he gets traded to certain teams is because he likes the weather more? No, it’s because he has absolutely no confidence in what the Jets are doing and who is doing it. And I’m sure as shit not taking Jamal’s side at all and I hope we let him sit at home and cry it out but you’re crazy if you think a competent head coach wouldn’t make a difference in his opinion and confidence.

17. BroadwayAaron

it’s really amazing. That old quote from Batman always rings true… Live long enough to see yourself become the villain. I didn’t think “long enough“ would be three years but here we are.

dawinner127 likes this.
  18. Falco21

Anyone who posts on this board knows that you will do anything in your power to spin something to reflect back on Adam Gase.

Again, this has absolutely NOTHING to do with Adam Gase. This all started because of rumors that Joe Douglas listened to offers from Dallas on a trade for Adams. After that rumor, Douglas and Gase met with Adams and the following was uttered out of Adams' mouth:

"It went well. I told them I don't hate those guys," Adams said. "They said they don't hate me. I have nothing but love and respect for them, you know what I mean? We've moved on. We apologized to each other.

"We went about it a little different way on both ends. It is what it is. You live and learn. It's part of life. It's not going to hurt our relationship or how I feel about this organization."

"Yeah, I would love to be here, man," he said. "I would love to be here. Simple as that. I want to bring success to this organization. I want to bring a Super Bowl to this organization."

Alluding to his father, former New York Giants running back George Adams, he added: "That's why I feel like I was placed in New York, to pick up where my dad left off. His career was cut short. I just feel like it's my calling.

Now all of a sudden Gase is the cause for Adams wanting out of New York? Please.

themorey likes this.
  19. twown

twown Well-Known Member

Hey, at least he's got the talent.

[​IMG]

20. JetBlue

JetBlue Well-Known Member

As long as a player doesn’t contact another team he can voice his opinion about where he prefers to play all he wants. He could even declare he has no intention of signing with anyone but the Cowboys and would be fine because he’s under no obligation to maximize his trade value for the Jets.

I have no idea about the Cowboys cap but with as many skill positions they have to pay on the offensive side can they even afford to give Adams the contract he wants if they trade for him?

The Dark Knight likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.