ESPN: Jamal Adams Requests a Trade from Jets

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by KingRoach, May 26, 2020.

?

Would you Trade Adams and a 3rd to the Browns for OBJ and their ‘21 1st

1. Yes

23.5%
  2. No

75.8%
  3. I would trade Adams for Kyle Shanahan

0.7%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TonyFtLaud

TonyFtLaud Well-Known Member

He's grossly underpaid by NFL standards. His value is much higher. His roster bonus was already paid. It goes both ways, you demand a player play out his contract, but have the balls to say fuck them if they get permanently injured, they were paid alot of money . Yet have no issue with the owners making billions cutting players and not honoring their contracts. If not for those players, there would be no big money TV deals and empty stands.
    I have plenty of Sympathy for Faulk , remember you called my sympathizing for him bashing the Jets.
    How can you begrudge any person for doing what's in their best interest and making the most money they can , especially when every play could be their last. As I said earlier, If you had the skills and abilities to play professional sports, you would do everything in your power to capitalize on those skills, and you wouldn't risk future earnings either.

2. BudJet

BudJet Well-Known Member

Play or stay home is the way to go. This year if a player doesn't show up for camp they could lose a year to free agency. that means we will have control for another year. I believe he will play this year & sign a contract next year...and all is well & he will give his "I luv NY, it's a business, no luv lost, it's great to be a Jet,... bla bla bla.... And life goes on w/Adams on the team.

Jedi mind tricks and Jets_Grinch like this.
  3. CotcheryFan

CotcheryFan 2018 ROTY Poster Award Winner

Of course, didn't say it was your fault. 22 million should be enough for at least two generations, if not more. It's sad because they can't handle their wealth properly while the average person has to manage a 5 figure income.

Some injuries can affect a player beyond his playing days. Those, I have sympathy for.

K'OB likes this.
  4. K'OB

K'OB 2021 TGG Fantasy Football Champ

There you go again 'grossly' do you not refer to the dictionary before typing these words out? after 5 years he will have had 32m so no I don't have a problem with him not getting a new contract until it is appropriate, after just 2 years into a 5 year deal isn't appropriate really is it, this is how it works in the glorious NFL, players know this when they sign the dotted line. As somebody mentioned earlier they don't take the bag back after they down tools like that TJ, thanks very much 32m for no production at all. Swings both ways.

I never said you bashed the Jets, I literally said WE but whatever you want to make up to suit the narrative.

I also wouldn't be a take the bag of cash and not perform person either but you don't know what I or anybody else would be like, the hated Tom Brady may be a perfect example of that, take a little for longevity and he has the sack of trophies and loot in the bank.

If you want to defend Adams that is your prerogative but for me, he is just a gobby, greedy trouble maker and will only get worse.

How rich do you need to be Tony? 32m not enough for you, 50m? 100m? hell, why not 1bn fuck it.

I will give you a stupid example of a working man and a contract.

You sell your house and pack up and move, you call a firm and agree a price, they then sit outside your new home and tell you that the price wasn't good enough and you won't get your goods out of the van unless you cough up some more cash. Is that close enough to an athletes contract?

Seems better than the shit $10 to $20 one you used.

Grossly underpaid, fuck me.

Goodnight Tony.

5. K'OB

A fair comment.

6. Jamal Adams is being paid as the #6 overall pick which is a slotted amount.The high level of production from a top 10 drafted SAFETY is reflective in the rate of pay in his contract.

Adams is currently the 13th highest paid safety in the NFL. 13/64 starters..Not a math geek but thats 20th percentile of te whole league?At 24 years old?

Could he stand to be paid as a top 3 at his position yes.But this is no grave injustice. Hes already being paid to perform at a high level

Im tired of hearing poor Jamal. Team has to come before paying all these guys or giving in to their demands somewhere down the line. Re-up him & who’s next? Somebody else is gonna wanna get paid early & so on.

#426 KurtTheJetsFan, Jun 21, 2020
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 21, 2020
  7. TonyFtLaud

He did have a vasectomy but still had more children. At least he tried.

K'OB likes this.
  8. TonyFtLaud

I need to be as rich as possible, not for my sake but for my children's sake and grandchildren's sake.
    Loved your moving company example. But being realistic, over 90 % of moving jobs end up costing more than the contracted price. You didnt count the stairs outside the house, upcharge. Vacuum cleaner is not on the list. You dont have the box for your 60 inch TV. We have one, $50. Dont pay and your belonging will stay on the truck and accrue storage fees.
    As I have said, Both sides have valid arguments. I completely understand Adam's point of view, it's a buisness. I also understand Douglas's point of view. Never should have told Adam's he was untouchable prior to the trade line , never should have promised him an offer by January.
    You know once the person your arguing resorts to spelling or grammar, they are defeated.
    I do agree with you on the bolded part though.
    Fuck you! I'm joking there.
    Sleep well and god bless Tiny Tim.

K'OB likes this.
  9. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

I'm all for the players being treated better - including their share of the massive profits the NFL makes off them. I think they should have a better union to achieve that. But guess what? The mentality of most of the players is self-centered and they can't bring themselves to sacrifice some of "theirs" for the good of the many. Jamal knew this before he even entered the draft, and he signed a contract binding him to terms for 5 years. If he REALLY wanted to get paid, he should've played baseball - longer career and more money per season - but again, he chose to play football. Do you see a pattern here? He's made these choices himself. and now he's bitching because no one will rescue him from those choices.

If NFL players want to be treated more fairly, they need to strengthen their union and solidarity. Owners don't just give up money and power. It didn't work that way for the original unions in this country, and it doesn't work that way now. The NFLPA needs to get the players to stand together and refuse to play until their demands are met. And yeah, that might mean the owners use scab players to play games anyway, but if the players are as irreplaceable as they believe, the fans will stay away from the "fake" games and the owners will eventually give in and negotiate in good faith. If the owners don't do that, then I guess we'll learn that the players aren't as important as they think they are. I'm betting on the former outcome though. I've lived through scab games and they're not even worth watching.

Bottom line: Jamal needs to live with his choices and shut up.

10. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

But that's their own fault, based on their own choices. Don't the rest of us have to live with that sad fact too?

11. At some point players need to realize its a TEAM sport.The ultimate team sport. Theres a salary cap & a such thing as cap management.Cohesion matters.Roster balance matters.Surrounding cast matters. Selfish public behavior directly detrimental to the team & frequent holdouts should not be commonplace. They are the complete opposite of what the game is all about.Its a team game. Not MLB or the NBA.

Players deserve universal healthcare & better post retirement resources including wealth management.That said, is that really gonna stop guys like Jamal from wanting massive guaranteed $ & all the egotistical greed? I really dont think so.

FJF, MoWilkBeast, NCJetsfan and 2 others like this.
  12. NYJFOREVER

NYJFOREVER Well-Known Member

Some guy called in DiPietro, Canty, and Rothenberg on Friday afternoon and said the same exact thing.

I seriously question what goes through people's minds. Mac was worse than Idzik...

13. Jake

Jake Well-Known Member

Can't believe I'm seeing Macc was better than Douglas takes. Full on delusion. Macc may be the worst GM in history of professional sports over a 4 year period with the capital he had at his disposal.

Douglas is currently undoing the damage done by shitty ass Maccagnan.

14. CotcheryFan

CotcheryFan 2018 ROTY Poster Award Winner

I'd argue that MLB a team game too. Mike Trout is the best player in the game, but he can only do so much on his own and his team hasn't gone to playoffs since 2014. Depth and quality bench players are invaluable in a 162 game season. It takes a combination of stars, good players, and role players to win.

ColoradoContrails likes this.
  15. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

Yeah he can't even remember his kid's
    I basically agree, but OBJ has had on-field issues as well which hurt his value. Adams has not, and Adams is three years younger than OBJ, so that makes a difference as well. Adams could very easily wind up a HOF Safety. OBJ will not wind up in the HOF. That's another big difference.

16. K'OB

You misunderstood my dictionary quote tbh I just meant the term 'Grossly' was overkill for a guy that is getting 22m, I didn't mean it in a bad spelling or grammar kind of way, the word is correct for what you used but oh so wrong to us mere mortals who earn 30k a year, now that is 'Grossly' underpaid lol

So I wasn't having a pop Tony :)

TonyFtLaud likes this.
  17. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

My edginess has now become mainstream. :cool:

18. tomdeb

tomdeb Well-Known Member

I absolutely would NOT trade or extend Adams now. If you trade him, it would likely be for 2021 pick(s) so the jets get squat for Adams for the 2020 season (if there is one). As to possible extension, he only has three years in, so the jets have him under control for at least 2 more years. Adams has zero leverage. He also has an overly- inflated opinion of himself, and IMO Douglas CANNOT set a precedent of caving to divas. Adams is a great player, but does not play a position deserving of what he thinks he is worth. Getting tired of his self- promotion. If he says he will sit out the season, let him--THAT would have backfired on L. Bell if Mike MacIdiot hadn't been the jets GM.

ColoradoContrails likes this.
  19. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

The problem with waiting is that the culture will remain toxic. Plus if Adams sits out, his trade value will go down. And if he plays, God forbid he gets hurt. Now what we should do is fire Gase since he sucks and this is what happened with him in Miami, but since Gase probably has Chris Johnson's sex tapes, we're stuck with him.

20. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.