ESPN: Jamal Adams Requests a Trade from Jets

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by KingRoach, May 26, 2020.

?

Would you Trade Adams and a 3rd to the Browns for OBJ and their ‘21 1st

1. Yes

23.5%
  2. No

75.8%
  3. I would trade Adams for Kyle Shanahan

0.7%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Trainer

Trainer Well-Known Member

If Gase's benching of Jamal was the flashpoint then this must have been brewing long before that moment. Without more 'behind the scenes' info and no public statements from anyone inside those walls, I have to side with the team. You simply cannot let the inmates run the asylum - we've already seen how that plays out. Joe hasn't made a statement, so what? Bellichick still hasn't explained why he benched Butler in the Super Bowl.

The addition of a legitimate edge rusher would mitigate the loss of Adams and his handful of sacks (which he wouldn't even have gotten if the Jets had a pass rusher last year) and the defense won't skip a beat.

If I'm Joe, I'm looking at teams that have the greatest likelihood of producing a top 10 pick in 2021, or an edge rusher now. None of those teams is on Jamal's list, which also means they are less likely to make a deal - he's giving notice to the rest of the league that his demands won't change after a trade, so now we're looking for a team that can supply a likely top 10 pick or edge, AND is willing to renegotiate with Jamal's agents right now. That list has to be very small, maybe non-existent.

So, at some point we have to make a decision. Capitulate to the players demands and settle for less than true market value in a trade, or put the ball in his court and let him make a "play or stay home" decision. (And be ready to fine him for conduct detrimental to the team)

2. Jake

Jake Well-Known Member

He's just gonna blame Gase for benching his ass isn't he. Such a diva, and it'll work cause everyone hates Gase.

Trade this fucker for La'ell Collins and a pick please

3. WarriorRB28

WarriorRB28 Well-Known Member

Newsflash: GREAT players eventually (sooner rather than later) want to get paid like what they are.

westiedog1 likes this.
  4. azhar80

azhar80 Well-Known Member

If Adam's is taking advice from Cro then good luck to him lol. Also if players like Gore came to the Jets for Gase, and ppl like Cro hate Gase then I guess Gase is guy who likes Workers and not Divas.
    Cromartie should stick to trying to remember his kids names.

Brook! and Cromartie's_kid like this.
  5. WarriorRB28

I don't blame him for asking what he's asking for. He'll get it too I think if not here somewhere else. I think he's in the conversation for best defender in football not just safety.

The dude is an amazing football player and he leaves 100% out on the field every week I've seen him out there still giving his all even in games the Jets are getting blown out. No quit in him at all. I've never heard of him being a problem in the locker room or off the field.

He just wants to get paid.

It's not like the Jets are exactly overflowing with talent that they could piss off their best player like this shows how dysfunctional the organization is.

He's a amazing football player, young, no injuries there's no way they'll get equal value for him. Just the fact he's available these other teams know there's a sucker at the other end of the bargaining table in this JD.

Going on ten years with no playoffs if they trade away Adams how many more? They trade away Adams this GM is in full tear down rebuild mode. He's greasing the skids for Darnold too this roster isn't set up for Darnold to take the next step.

Should've stuck with MacCagnan and I wasn't crazy about him.

westiedog1 likes this.
  6. Cromartie's_kid

Cromartie's_kid Well-Known Member

Adams is being a jerk now but hasn’t peaked yet. Beckham has an injury history, is on the decline and is a diva with an inflated contract.

7. jetophile

jetophile Bruce Coslet's Daughter

Wait a second, so the Jets should've stuck with cat shit because it was better than the dog shit we used to have before that?

Your post is vacuous at best. The main reason everyone is getting on Adams is because he's not at his negotiating point yet. So what if management did say to him, "OK, we'll talk in January", and then they said, "OK, we're talking just in order to tell you we're not talking yet", then fck him. Since when are business decisions not allowed when the terms of a players contract aren't open for discussion yet, because that's what this started to smell like long before this.

If you have a solid team in every aspect and Adams is the missing piece then when the time comes, fine; but we don't and he isn't because of the first part and the second part. We don't even have an edge rusher that we know of that would allow him to roam all over and do what he does best first of all, so he's supposed to get tons of $ and credit for making a tackle after a 20 yard gain? He's supposed to get tons of $ and credit just because he plays with passion, is likable, keeps his nose clean, and has a great work ethic on top of it? All of those bullet points are great, but everything except being likable is part of his job description, as shocking as that may be.

Agreed that he's an amazing football player, but he's starting to sound like a crappy ass baby and I'm done. At this point, it would serve him right to wind up on an even worse shitbox team . . . but at least he's getting paid, right? If the Jets turn this thing around in a couple of years and he does wind up in Shitsville Part II then I guess he can comfort himself that it was all about the money and he didn't care as much about winning as he says. That isn't the same thing as saying that he should go uncompensated when his contract says so, just not bending to his ridiculous demands. For the third time, kick him in his ass, just not to a rival. And I mean MAKE it happen if someone is dumb enough right now and it's a benefit to us, not him.

If he wants to be a real shithead, then let him sit home all of 2020 or whenever the fck the NFL is going to play. The Jets can lose without him, too.

ColoradoContrails likes this.
  8. K'OB

K'OB 2021 TGG Fantasy Football Champ

Not contraception anyways.

9. MoWilkBeast

MoWilkBeast Well-Known Member

Adams seems to have a real problem. He doesn't just seem to want to be regarded and rewarded like a great football player. He seems to want to be regarded as beyond reproach, and to get exactly what he wants, when he wants it with no questions. As though he is some sort of idol and the living embodiment of greatness. Any perceived slight or situation that doesn't go his way and he reacts like a spoilt toddler, screaming in the aisles of supermarket when the trolley has the wrong type of breakfast in it.

There are many, many things you can trash the Jets organization for. Its handling of Jamal Adams isn't one of them. Everything they have done is utterly reasonable. Jamal needs to grow up and fast, because he's never going to get the respect and adulation he clearly craves while he is whining like a five year old.

10. WarriorRB28

Continuity.

Robby, Adams, Darnold are his guys. I do believe MacCagnan would've paid Robby & Adams the Jets would be in a better place right now had MacCagnan not been fired.

Instead this guy JD has already lost Robby, Adams is still here but it sure looks like it's gonna be a bitter divorce.

It looks like we're headed for another tear down rebuild.

Teams cut players with years and money left on their contracts all the time spare me the he's under contract mumbo jumbo. It's a two way street.

Adams is making the negotiating point now so the problem must be dealt with now.

Goodness gracious he's your best player!!!! For him to be this pissed off it's a clear sign of a dysfunctional organization.

That argument makes absolutely no sense to me.

The guy is a GREAT player pay him, keep him. Make him happy. It's not a hard decision.

westiedog1 likes this.
  11. Ptflea2

Ptflea2 Well-Known Member

I dont think it's irrelevant here though, reading how his dads tenure with the Giants ended.

12. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

I can’t believe I’m seeing those words in that order.

PennyRoyal10, azhar80, Brook! and 4 others like this.
  13. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

Maybe he meant to use the word: "hired" ?

14. TonyFtLaud

TonyFtLaud Well-Known Member

I'm curious to hear what you read.
    His father had his hip destroyed in his second season and never reached his potential, the injury was misdiagnosed by the team over the following two years. His contract expired and he signed with NE, who made him sign a waiver due to how badly damaged his hip was.
    Hes had 2 hip replacements since, is needing a third and that leg is 3 inches shorter than the other. Hes in constant pain till this day. Hes still a die hard Giants fan. He filed for workman comp benefits to help pay for his first hip replacement, the Giants refused to respond until the statute of limitations expired, then requested a dismissal due to the expiration.
    Players know teams dont care about them, even if Adam's father hadn't played football, seeing how 2 injured players were treated last season would have been enough to make him say, Fuck no. I'm playing way above my contract and if I get hurt, this team will fuck me over any chance they get.
    Players understand this , I see Jamals point, and I understand Douglas point as well. Both are looking out for their own interest.

westiedog1 likes this.
  15. K'OB

We are quick to smash the Jets for the way we 'treat' Kelechi Osemele but there is Q sitting getting quietly treated very nicely on his 3rd season of permanently injury hell.

Btw who was the second injured player we treated badly?

As for Adams

Jamal Adams signed a 4 year, $22,258,738 contract with the New York Jets, including a $14,328,154 signing bonus, $22,258,738 guaranteed.

I am sure 22m would be enough to see a normal human through the rest of their life.

Cman68, RochesterJet, azhar80 and 2 others like this.
  16. CotcheryFan

CotcheryFan 2018 ROTY Poster Award Winner

Sadly, many athletes squander their career earnings in a short amount of time.

17. TonyFtLaud

TonyFtLaud Well-Known Member

Enunwa is only sitting there because of his guaranteed money that Mac handed him, dont think for a second he would still be on the roster had he passed his physical letting the team off the hook for that money.
    Falk was the second player, injured and released while injured, not paid.
    I was not bashing the Jets, if anything I bashed the Giants, but it's a league wide issue.
    As far as Adam's contract , he has what? 825 thousand coming this season, 9 mil next. His value is in the $15 mil per year , 5 year 45 fully guaranteed. That's $35 million he'll miss out on if injured. If you had the talent to play any major professional sport, you would do anything you could to get the most money you could.
    If you could live on 10 dollars an hour wage, but your job paid 20, would you just say fuck it, $10 is enough. I'll stay under paid?

westiedog1 likes this.
  18. joe

joe Well-Known Member

- How many 1st round draft picks have there been since 2011? And of those how many were given extensions with two years left on their rookie contract?

- MacGagnan: nice OL history. Nice WR depth. Trumaine Johnson. Guy blowed.

#418 joe, Jun 21, 2020
    Last edited: Jun 21, 2020
    azhar80 and ColoradoContrails like this.
  19. K'OB

That is neither my fault nor the Jet's fault if they are to thick and flash to set some aside for the rest of their lives.

It is hard to cry about a career ending injury and being skint after having 22m in the bank for only 3 years.

NCJetsfan and ColoradoContrails like this.
  20. K'OB

He has 22m guaranteed already, I will say that again LOUDLY 22 MILLION GUARANTEED, cry me some more fucking tears?

As for the rest, he signed a contract for effectively 4 years, in that contract it guarantees him 22m.

Very disingenuous of you to say he is only getting 825k for this season, I mean if I can find out that his roster bonus on top is $2,765,292 I know that you know it also, so again allow me to cry some more for a player earning 3.5m to play 16 games of football a season, oh and have the smarts to stay in shape and not get busted for dui's or dope or PED's.

He isn't missing out on 35m either because he is contracted to earn a set amount, a huge amount already and I fucking hate it when people use the working man's wage to make an example for an athlete, Jamal Adams wouldn't wipe his arse for $20 an hour, so again I will put it to you simply 22 million fucking dollars is not being underpaid. If he plays the full 5 years he will have earned 32m, I'm sorry but it is just laughable to be using the terms underpaid like that.

Yes, Falk, easy to forget him, unfortunately, and he would probably be somebody you should have more sympathy for in the earnings stake as I doubt he will have earned enough to last the rest of his life.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.