ESPN: Jamal Adams Requests a Trade from Jets

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by KingRoach, May 26, 2020.

?

Would you Trade Adams and a 3rd to the Browns for OBJ and their ‘21 1st

1. Yes

23.5%
  2. No

75.8%
  3. I would trade Adams for Kyle Shanahan

0.7%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JetsNation06

JetsNation06 Well-Known Member

Agree. That would be amazing. Honestly I would take Lamb for Adams straight up. I know some would say that's not enough but it would be Instant impact with Sam to Lamb!

NCJetsfan likes this.
  2. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

I understand that in our minds it’s fair value to trade Adams for Lamb but why in gods name would the Cowboys do that? They had who I think is going to be the best player in the entire draft and an all pro for years to come fall to them at 17. They had to give up absolutely nothing to get him. There’s no chance in hell they are offering him up in any trade for anyone. And rightfully so.

3. BudJet

BudJet Well-Known Member

everyone says the Cowboy can't fit Adams under the cap, well if they shipped Cooper+#2 off in the trade they could afford Adams. I would rather have Lamb+#3 or Gallop+#2 in a trade though. If we're going to pay Cooper, why not just pay Adams.

4. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

I probably would as well because I think WR is a more important position with a higher impact on the game. I think Lamb is going to be one of the top 3-5 WRs in the NFL over the next 5-10 years. He's going to average 1k yards a season and probably 6-8 TDs, if not more.

JetsNation06 likes this.
  5. NCJetsfan

Because Adams has acted like a spoiled brat and Cooper hasn't. Still, I don't think I'd accept Cooper in a trade. He's too inconsistent.

6. NCJetsfan

I don't think they would, but a fellow can dream can't he?

7. GeshJet

GeshJet Active Member

Does anyone think that high draft picks will be less valuable next year? If there is no college football, the high end of the 2021 draft will be a real crap shoot. Might be better off taking 1 or 2 proven players and 2 or 3 2d, 3d, 4th round picks.

RochesterJet likes this.
  8. BroadwayAaron

As a guy who would have taken Lamb 10 times out of 10 while we were sitting there at 11 on the clock… I sure can.

9. Greenday4537

Greenday4537 Well-Known Member

Actually, RB's will probably be worth more. They are getting drafted younger as it means they've gotten hit less and aren't as worn down already.

10. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

Again, I must say how horrendous Jamal has handled this situation, but saying that I think the Jets can come to some agreement with him. Maybe it is $15 million a year, maybe it is $17 million or something like that. The truth is Adams wants 3 things: 1. To be paid 2. To be respected (by being locked up long term and paid) and 3. To win. I feel like the Jets can offer all 3. Once they extend him and begin to win, he will be less annoying.

However, if he is truly set on $20 million a year or something crazy, then he should be allowed to stay home and be fined. And that is it. No trade discussions unless some team offers something amazing the Jets can't refuse. No settling on a weak trade.

SOJAZ and MoWilkBeast like this.
  11. BroadwayAaron

I’m personally shocked that Gase is a problem.

12. Adams for Juju straight up. Everybody wins.

Can re-up Maye to pair w Davis.

Jets finally add an explosive young piece for Sam to grow w,who he already has experience w. Suddenly Bell’s happy as well

#372 KurtTheJetsFan, Jun 20, 2020
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 20, 2020
  13. FinnishJET

FinnishJET 2023 TGG Double FF Champion

So the answer is firing Gase and everything will be back to normal :D I'm down with that

HomeoftheJets likes this.
  14. BroadwayAaron

They just gave up a first for Fitzpatrick... I don’t think they’d want to give up their only WR for another safety that they’d have to pay $17+ mil. But this is the kind of trade we should be looking at. Yes picks are nice but give me the proven commodity. It’s a shame Hopkins was traded already.

15. You’re right.Only thing ill say is Steelers will know exactly how to use him as hes their style player & that theyve routinely replaced quality WRs like Juju dating back 2 decades.

16. westiedog1

westiedog1 Well-Known Member

I will admit that back in '17, I thought the Adams pick was awful. However now, in evaluating Adams worth, we and the Jets do ourselves a disservice by thinking of him as a traditional safety. He is not. He is something special in his ability to get at the QB and disrupt the opponents passing game. He needs to be evaluated along the same terms as a pass rusher, or at least be extended extra value for his ability. How long has this team been crying out for a pass rusher? Well, we've got one. Just because he wears a low number, doesn't diminish what he accomplished last season in registering 6.5 sacks, the most by far of any DB in the league, and only 1.5 sacks less than the Jets team leader, and he's just getting started. Someone previously mentioned Reed, Lott and Polamalu as all-time great safeties. That's fine, but none of those "greats" ever recorded more than 3 sacks in a season. We have a real diamond in the rough here and it would be suicide to get rid of him now.

WarriorRB28 and twown like this.
  17. JetsAreBadForYourHealth

JetsAreBadForYourHealth Well-Known Member

More than one way to skin a cat. The return in a Jamal Adams trade can and will leave the Jets a better, deeper team. He is not worth what he's asking for what he does and it will hamstring the Jets going forward as they try to build this roster

SOJAZ and ColoradoContrails like this.
  18. JetsNation06

JetsNation06 Well-Known Member

JuJu still needs to prove he can be THE guy. He had a bad 2019 season. Now there's a lot that factored into that with injury, Big Ben being out, etc. I followed him very closely on my fantasy team and he killed me all year long. I don't think he's a true #1 at this point. He's much more effective out of the slot and excels there when paired with a stud on the outside a la AB. If the Jets make that move I would want another asset in return.

19. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

Seems like an excuse or a shift in blame. Why would he even care about Gase? Williams is who he deals with. Jamal prefers the defensive minded coach in Bowles? That would surprise no one. Even though the Jets were a train wreck in 2019, they still won more games with Gase than they did in Jamal's first 2 seasons with Bowles. It is interesting that Cro seems to be siding with Jamal instead of the franchise they paid him a lot of money, and some would say overpaid him a lot of money. The situation just keeps getting nastier.

NCJetsfan likes this.
  20. westiedog1

westiedog1 Well-Known Member

How do you know that? You're just hoping it will.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.