ESPN: Jamal Adams Requests a Trade from Jets

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by KingRoach, May 26, 2020.

?

Would you Trade Adams and a 3rd to the Browns for OBJ and their ‘21 1st

1. Yes

23.5%
  2. No

75.8%
  3. I would trade Adams for Kyle Shanahan

0.7%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MJK

MJK Well-Known Member

You are right all free agency, trades and player renegotiation are at a hault because of corona....not one person actually thinks this besides you.

2. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

What you think is up to you but I'm glad you polled everyone else before speaking for them; I'm sure they'll be thrilled with your thoughtful response.

According to NFL.com there have been no trades in June. The only signings this month were of three free agents, the most recent ten days ago. Two guys retired and three were waived; there were no terminations or any other transactions this month. Business as usual, I suppose.

#342 Ralebird, Jun 19, 2020
    Last edited: Jun 20, 2020
  3. WarriorRB28

WarriorRB28 Well-Known Member

He has leverage he's their best player.

4. WarriorRB28

WarriorRB28 Well-Known Member

We're not getting anywhere near what he's worth I think. Incredible football player.

Plus I think Jerry Jones feels he has a sucker at the other end of the line in this JD. That he inquired about Adams availability last year tells me all I need to know what he thinks of JD's football IQ.

This is heartbreaking.:(

westiedog1 likes this.
  5. twown

twown Well-Known Member

Cee Dee, Jay Kay, Why Zee, two cheerleaders and a conditional 7th.

6. Falco21

Falco21 Well-Known Member

I really wonder if you wake up every day and think to yourself, "how can I make myself look really stupid on theganggreen.com today?"

This post really tells me all I need to know about what I think about your IQ

K'OB likes this.
  7. Linebacker712

Linebacker712 Well-Known Member

Jerry Jones is hardly a man to judge football IQ. He fired Jimmy Johnson, a coach who, had he stuck around, would likely have extended the Cowboys dynasty for as long as the Patriots, all because Jerry's ego couldn't stand that it was Jimmy who built the team and not him. Jerry's willing to pay big money for big name stars, but he doesn't exactly have an eye for talent or team management. In other words, I couldn't give less of a shit about what Jerry Jones thinks of Joe Douglas' football IQ.

8. Cliv Clav

Cliv Clav Active Member

Adams has to be traded after this. He has turned almost all the fans against him and some of the players too, with that kind of attitude.

You can’t say to a team that drafted you and was looking to keep you around forever, that you want more money NOW to keep playing................. but if you trade me to one of these teams I don’t want more money.

The Jets and all other teams don’t know the future salary cap yet, so it is incredibly difficult to give someone an enormous raise at this time. Let alone, if he wants $20m a year, as it would be around a 38% increase over the other highest paid safety!!!

If he had spoken quietly to the GM and said ‘Look, I don’t want to play here anymore, I would rather be at anyone on this list of teams. Can we get this done?’ He would have already been on one of those teams. We could have gotten De’Andre Hopkins and a high pick off the Texans. Or we would have gotten the Dallas first rounder and another pick(s). Either way, both parties would have been better off, if he had handled the situation like a man rather than a whiny child with no understanding of what is going on in the world at the moment. Other teams are less likely to want him around after the way he has conducted his business and the distraction he has become.

RochesterJet, Brook! and NCJetsfan like this.
  9. Quinnenthebeast

Quinnenthebeast Well-Known Member

Agreed. I do understand why he wouldn’t want to play here. We’ve been rebuilding for the past 10 years it seems and he doesn’t want to be a part of it. I get that. So why was he so butt hurt when Douglas took calls about trading him? I would guess he was trying to manufacture outrage so that he can leave without looking bad in front of fans. All that didn’t need to happen if you told JD you wanted a trade. They could have hid behind “this league is a business” excuse and parted ways. Now Adams seems to have done what he didn’t want to do before and has pissed off Jets fans anyway.

10. JohnnyP123456

JohnnyP123456 Well-Known Member

I was listening to a podcast, and there was a mention that the trade talks we apparently had in the season were 'leaked' by the cowboys, and that it would probably make Douglas increase the price just for them. Not sure if that is entirely accurate, but thought I'd mention it

themorey and NCJetsfan like this.
  11. dmarz45

dmarz45 Well-Known Member

2nd and lamb for Adams sounds fair to me.

BudJet likes this.
  12. JetsNation06

JetsNation06 Well-Known Member

Dallas isn't giving up CeeDee Lamb. He's a future star and more valuable than Adams. Just get rid of that idea.

TonyFtLaud, westiedog1 and NCJetsfan like this.
  13. Cromartie's_kid

Cromartie's_kid Well-Known Member

or he’s josh doctson/Laquon treadwell.

14. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

I'm glad JD turned that down, if true. Not because I don't want to see Adams traded, but because he needs to get more for him.

15. JetsNation06

Clearly you never watched Lamb with a statement like that. Different stratosphere than those two.

NCJetsfan likes this.
  16. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

Maybe Douglas thought that there was a strong possibility of continued tensions with Adams, and with Adams continuing to act like a baby. That paired with the fact that Davis is such a great prospect and may have been the highest-rated player on the Jets' board at that point, is why he took Davis.

J-Raw24 and ColoradoContrails like this.
  17. NCJetsfan

NOW you're talking! Let's get that deal done TODAY!!!!

Brook! likes this.
  18. JetsNation06

We'll be lucky to get a 1 and a 3 for Adams. You almost never get equal value in a trade.

19. NCJetsfan

Sadly, you're probably right. Cowboy bastards!!! Just another reason for me to hate them.

JetsNation06 likes this.
  20. NCJetsfan

True, but if the Cowboys want Adams as much they seem to, just think for a minute how amazing it would be if JD could force the Cowboys into trading Lamb and a pick for Adams, and JD wound up getting both Becton and Lamb during this offseason!!!! I'd want him named GM for life.

JetsNation06 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.