Josh Gordon Wants Back

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by Greenday4537, Jun 19, 2020.

1. J-Raw24

J-Raw24 Well-Known Member

I tend to agree. He's not a huge diva, or a locker room cancer. He's just an idiot that couldn't learn to stay off the weed. They won't be testing for Marijuana any more. And while that doesn't mean he won't do something else dumb it does help his case a little. He definitely still have the ability as we saw the last 2 years. And yeah he may only play 10 games or whatever, but that's why its low rick high reward. We could get a good player for the year or only 2 games.

NCJetsfan likes this.
  2. jetophile

jetophile Bruce Coslet's Daughter

I think the bigger picture is that he blew it for himself in his prime over pot. Think about that. It has nothing to do with the fact that recreational pot use should ever have been an issue in the NFL. He just couldn't stick to the rules at the time and blew his career over pot, period. That's amazing to me.

What's more amazing is that people would carry on how much players shouldn't be suspended over pot smoking, which completely clouded the issue that at the time they couldn't smoke pot and they continued to do it and continued to get suspended.

EDIT : Jinx @J-Raw24. Well, not classic, because I started posting and then walked away from it, lol.

J-Raw24 and ColoradoContrails like this.
  3. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member

He might be shot, but when he played last year he played well. He had a 58 yard fingertip stretched-out grab for seattle that few WRs could ever make. That being said, I doubt his 'troubles' are behind him and would pass (thanks to Mims).

4. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

The josh Gordon thread phenomenon is amazing to me. No one has had more threads about him and he’s never going to play a snap for us. ( hope I’m wrong about this)

5. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

He needs to go to Green Bay. He's perfect for Aaron Rodgers vision of a scramble downfield passing game. I think Gordon is willing to work hard and may have some solid #2 seasons left in the tank. I don't think he has enough left in the tank to try to build a relationship with Darnold, and I think he needs to go to a culture that's already built, not in the opening stages of building.

It's a perfect situation kind of thing.

Footballgod214 and NCJetsfan like this.
  6. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

As desperate as I am to see a winning season - more specifically a SB season - I want them to finally build a SUSTAINABLE winning team, a contender every year. Signing these types of players doesn't do that, and in fact retards it because it takes away playing time and development from the guys that they need to become consistent, long term, producers.

And I think Tony Ft. Lauderdale has a good point about Gordon: he's one test away from a year long suspension, and that will be true for the rest of his career. No thanks.

Brook! likes this.
  7. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

Hey Tony. I admit I am not the expert in draft value for trades but I wouldn't mind parting ways with a second rounder at the moment.

TonyFtLaud likes this.
  8. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

I don't think anyone would have illusions of his returning to his 2013 form, but Gordon at 50% would still probably be better than every WR on the roster aside from maybe Mims, Perriman, and Crowder, and may still be better than them. Unless his hands have turned to stone and his feet to lead, I think he could still help this team.

9. championjets69

championjets69 2008/2009 TGG Darksider Award Winner

If he cannot clean himself up when a NEP then he is just another player that alcohol & hard drugs controlled which is to bad since when younger he was a talented player:mad:

10. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

The NFL won't be testing for mary jane any more, so there's no chance that Gordon will be suspended for a year over his inability to quit.

I wouldn't take OBJ on this team if Cleveland also threw in a couple of other very talented football players and gave them to us for free. He would be a huge distraction and we don't need more drama.

11. ColoradoContrails

But they will be testing for other substances which he has also been known to use. I know we're desperate for WR/offensive talent, but this isn't worth the risk even with a minimal investment IMO.

TonyFtLaud likes this.
  12. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

What exactly is the risk? He gets suspended? Then we’re right back where we started.

13. ColoradoContrails

Not exactly. By signing him, you then build plays around him and give him reps and playing time that could go to other players, and that's lost if he gets suspended. Given his track record of drug and alcohol abuse, and poor decision-making where he abused these substances even knowing he'd be tested, I don't think he's worth even that minimal risk.

14. TonyFtLaud

TonyFtLaud Well-Known Member

I think it would cost significantly more, but for a second rounder, I'm in.

Brook! likes this.
  15. TonyFtLaud

Hes also been suspended for DUI, PEDs, Codine and zanax,(I'm aware of correct spelling but it's a banned word ) and the league is still testing for marijuana. They raised the threshold and lessened the penalties, but Gordon's in stage 3 for life. He won't make it through a season.

ColoradoContrails likes this.
  16. jetophile

jetophile Bruce Coslet's Daughter

The Ty Law and Matt Leinhart threads were before your time. You would've blown your brains out just to make it stop. WAIT! I almost forgot about Reggie Bush! I shudder.

17. joe

joe Well-Known Member

pipe down . . : )
    [​IMG]

Brook!, J-Raw24, FJF and 1 other person like this.
  18. TonyFtLaud

Dont think the supplemental draft is going to be any help this off season. There's rarely much talent and with covid delaying the NCAAs start. The number of players who are ruled ineligible for this season is likely to be negligible over the next couple of weeks. Plus being in the second tier of teams priority wise, we will have to outbid Washington ,NYG, Detroit, Arizona, Carolina, Miami , Chargers, Cincinnati, Jacksonville and Cleveland. All except the Browns could really use a WR.

19. Theres talk of this class being historical w guys who dont want to risk playing in a shortened college season. Alot of big names being thrown around

20. TonyFtLaud

The NCAA released a statement a while back that all players who miss a season due to the pandemic would get an extra years eligibility, and the NFL has released a statement that there would be no changes to eligibility regarding the supplemental draft.
    There was a fan post in may that claimed dozens of next years top prospects were going to declare for the supplemental draft , and like so many
    off season rumors, it was reposted by a beat writer in Denver, then Pittsburgh but there's absolutely no truth to it.
    The supplemental draft is only for players who are ruled ineligible between the draft and early July. The players mentioned and players who dont want to risk playing in a shortened season are not eligible to enter . (Which makes no sense, less games less chance of injury)
    So far , there are no players who have even applied to enter this years supplemental draft.

#40 TonyFtLaud, Jun 21, 2020
    Last edited: Jun 21, 2020
    egelband and ColoradoContrails like this.