ESPN: Jamal Adams Requests a Trade from Jets

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by KingRoach, May 26, 2020.

?

Would you Trade Adams and a 3rd to the Browns for OBJ and their ‘21 1st

1. Yes

23.5%
  2. No

75.8%
  3. I would trade Adams for Kyle Shanahan

0.7%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Greenday4537

Greenday4537 Well-Known Member

Chicago Bears - Same team paying Khalil Mack INSANE money. And outside LB Robert Quinn $70 million over 5 years.

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  2. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

Take this unbelievably lightly. In no way shape or form do I claim to be an insider and I never post stuff like this, but someone in my immediate family has legitimate connections with the Cowboys. Hes gotten Cowboys news before it broke throughout the last year or so. Rumor is Dallas called us today under the impression it’s going to take a first plus more picks and a starter. They offered 1/5/Xavier Woods and we declined. That’s where it ended.

Again... this isn’t a Schefter report by any means but it is someone who in the past has gotten Cowboys stories correct.

3. TonyFtLaud

TonyFtLaud Well-Known Member

4. J-Raw24

J-Raw24 Well-Known Member

Xavier Woods? He's ok I guess. Still we have the rookie, I'd prefer letting him play and getting wr help.

5. BudJet

BudJet Well-Known Member

I would trade Adams for Lamb

6. MJK

MJK Well-Known Member

Well we had a chance to get that pick before the draft but the Cowboys aren't trading Lamb now that he fell to them....it's why you trade Adams before this latest childish episode and not wait for his value to drop.

7. CotcheryFan

CotcheryFan 2018 ROTY Poster Award Winner

Adams to the Ravens for three 1st rounders and not a penny more.

8. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

I love CeeDee Lamb and his potential, but he's not enough. You do remember that Adams was the #6 pick in the draft when we could have had Mahomes and is a 2x Pro Bowler, whereas CeeDee wasn't taken until the 17th pick and hasn't done anything in the NFL yet.

9. Ceedee + a 2 OR Gallup + 2 2’s

10. MJK

MJK Well-Known Member

I think the lesson here should be you don't take safeties with the 6th pick in the draft...because even after proving he's an all pro you aren't getting the 6th pick in the draft for him.

11. NCJetsfan

I wish JD had told the Cowboys to shove their offer. That he isn't trading Adams, but if he were to even entertain the idea of trading him to the Cowboys it would take Cee Dee Lamb and their #1 pick in 2021 or La'El Collins and Michael Gallup. That should shut their asses up.

Then again, I'm glad JD is handling it. I'd let my hatred for the Cowboys get in the way.

On second thought, I'd trade him for the trades Kurt proposed: Cee Dee and a their 2021 2nd round pick or Michael Gallup and their 2021 and 2022 2nd round picks, or for their 2021 2nd round pick and Michael Gallup and Xavier Woods.

#331 NCJetsfan, Jun 19, 2020
    Last edited: Jun 19, 2020
  12. NCJetsfan

Especially when you need a FQB and 2 potential ones were sitting right there at #6.

Brook!, ColoradoContrails and MJK like this.
  13. NCJetsfan

That's reasonable, but I hate the Cowboys and feel like they've tampered, plus they want him and he wants them, so they would have to pay a premium.

14. MJK

MJK Well-Known Member

Agreed...there's certain positions that are just not that valuable ....unfortunately we seem to draft safeties and run stuffing lineman with top ten picks and then wonder why we have no playmakers.

15. J-Raw24

J-Raw24 Well-Known Member

Well I will admit I didn't want Ashtyn Davis. Not that I didn't think he was good or could be a great player. I wanted a position of need, and at the time safety wasn't. But now I would trade Jamal for ceedee and a 2nd easy. Or a Gallup and more. That said I would hold out for a good deal regardless. JD holds all the cards

16. Section 336

Section 336 Well-Known Member

Most teams interested are probably teams that will not have a very high draft pick.
    I wouldn’t let him go for less than 2 firsts (2021 and 2022).
    The chance of drafting the on the field talent of Jamal is minimal and not very likely, you will need to get 2 shots at trying to get an impact player.
    If you cannot Get that make him play on his deal or sit out a year.

I know most will not agree but when it is all said and done, Adams will end up with a better career than Revis.
    He will most likely be traded by us and go on to a HOF career winning multiple Super Bowls, while the Jets continue having 8-8, 7-9 and 9-7 seasons.

If not make him play play out his deal or sit out like Bell.

westiedog1 and WarriorRB28 like this.
  17. Linebacker712

Linebacker712 Well-Known Member

My thought is, he's out of here before week 1. If not, he'll probably sit out the season. Next year, we'll get maybe a 3rd and conditional 2nd for him the year after that.

18. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

I think it's all going to be a moot point anyway. The NBA is running into problems with Covid soaring in Florida. Baseball teams and hockey teams are shutting down operations due to infections and all those sports have much smaller rosters and support staff of people in their organizations.

No NFL team is going to be looking at spending money now with the promise of a season dwindling.

19. MJK

MJK Well-Known Member

Leave it to ralebird to turn a Jamal Adams post into a corona\political post....corona will have zero to do with Adams trade value.....get your head out of your ass. Lol

20. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

I said absolutely nothing about politics - you have just tried to make it political.

If you think any team is eager to commit the kind of money Adams wants when the season is becoming more and more in doubt, why not address that instead of just being a jerk?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.